The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    When lugnut is standing up, swing his head back so he's facing the ceiling. Then his chest pieces should work fine IIRC, I had this problem as well.

2. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

If the same person bought all 4 then just add up the postage cost for 4 to Japan + International signed for and make sure your asking that amount (taking paypal fees into account) as a minimum.

I'd recommend sending anything hard to replace or valuable with a signature. you can offer a signature service as an option under the option of Priority and then add the extra £5.00 or so on top of the normal airmail amount you'd charge if you don't want to put it on everything you sell as a default (Hardly worth the bother on a Legion toy is it ?).

Personnally what I'd do is when giving a postage discount on multiple items i'd add it all up and included the signed for cost in the quote - they are still saving on the original individual price usually but you feel happier too.

3. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All the postage has already added up, so I'm covered for the postage with international signed for. Just gotta weigh it and confirm, then send.

I think I'm just worried about that 0 feedback.

4. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Hence why I put in a spoiler tag; just for you Auto Morph! :D 

Even with 0 feedback, you're covered with the shipping, so anything that may go wrong is his problem.

5. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    In which case should you not put spoilers over that? Some people might not know shockwave and sentinel prime are in the movie.
    Those are relatively large details, yet no one would say to spoiler them.

There has to be a limit on how far you go with spoilers.

Giving away a plot point revealed from the movie script,or an early showing,or novel is one thing, but just speculating on what is being displayed all over international tv hourly,cinema,radio,side of buses, massive adverts on newspapers, or even toy designs...is not really spoiling anything- as no one knows A)what it is or B)how it relates to anything.

There has to be some leway, otherwise you cant talk about the movie at all. As every tiny thing could be considered a spoiler. Even the movies title.

How far do you go?
    Spoilering absoloutely everything just gets ridiculous.

6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw comparison pics before and i'm pretty sure they are both the same size in fact i think the only way to tell the ko is by its lack of die cast. If you look on youtube there are reviews for both the real ravage and the ko

7. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If something looks too good to be true... well, it probably is. :rolleyes2 

This Cybertron Megs arrived this morning. Not new - as described. Dusty, box opened. And, one of the two missiles are missing. Now, what to do? On the one hand, its still a steal. On the other, its not what I thought I was getting exactly. I dont much mind the box condition. But, not sure what to do with this now.

8. Goldlock

News Credits:
    That's the same situation I had with a Cybertron Megs off ebay; it was described as loose & complete, but when it arrived one of the missiles & one of the flaps above the launcher were mssing...though it did only cost £7, so I never kicked up a fuss; but I was still a little disappointed!

9. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

Is DOTM Deluxe Prime a Sainsbury's exclusive?

10. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Depends on how shitty you want to be.

His description was pretty clear, New, unused and unopened. Personally, I would either neg him or at best neutral him because its not as described... at the very least it'll make sure his future descriptions are more accurate.

All sellers should make absolutely sure that descriptions are accurate, its not even extra effort to do so.

On another note, I've sent the package to Japan, I think I just needed reassurances to set my mind at ease. On another note, why the interest from someone in Japan? Is Windcharger not being released there either?

11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the UK, Yes. In the USA it can be bought in Wal*Mart so it's a little bit surprising not to see it go to ASDA here.

12. cosmos360

Dammit. Hopefully Kapow or Toyz and Gamez will get him.

13. Goldlock

News Credits:
    Yeah, but it seems like it's only certain stores stocking it. So you might want to check locally that they'll have it in.

& it is strange that ASDA weren't the ones to get it?!

14. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is probably going to be more trouble to put right than it is to just swallow it and move on. Which is a real shame. Its a growing problem where sellers put 'new' a description when - in their mind - they mean 'like new' (and the reality is different still - I had one 'new' figure arrive with no box at all). Its not the first time that this has happened, and there really needs to be more control on it. If I was a MISB collector, it would be a real problem.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I know, you're a good boy :thumbs2: 

To be honest, I actually don't know where the line is. I guess I just figure that it's common knowledge 100% across the board that SW & SP are in the movie - I mean, find me a person who doesn't know that already. It's just little details and plot points that have only seemingly been revealed in the past week or so and in some places people are throwing that info around like it's no big deal. Basically, anything that's not in any of the trailers. I guess if I wanted absolutely zero spoilers I would avoid TFW altogether for the next 2 weeks. But I'm not going to do that :p 

Anyway, those are my last comments on the subject as I'm sure I've whined enough for now :D 

In happier news, I went to a different, smaller Tesco on the way home just now and managed to find a whole end cap of DotM stuff at the reduced price so managed to pick up their last Topspin and Roadbuster. The Cyberverse Commanders look great, but I can't really afford them as well right now, so they will be left for another day.

There really were a LOT of Bumblebees. I'd say about 80-90% of the DotM figures they had were BB.

16. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I'd let them know I was going to give a neutral feedback and see what their reaction is, you may even get a part refund :) 

17. cosmos360

Am i right in thinking that DOTM the game is released next Friday.

18. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Yes.

19. cosmos360

Great, can't wait to play it.

20. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

This describes pretty much everything I've ever bought off ebay. I've honestly never gotten anything that was 'as described'. Missing guns, ammo, boxes, you name it.

Be thankful it wasn't a Voyager Starscream with no freakin' legs!