The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

All this gaming talk is making me want to play on the Xbox again (which is currently collecting dust). Thing is, I've brought quite a few of what are meant to be really good games (red dead, mass effect 1 & 2, borderlands, arkham asylum, and dishonoured) , but n one of them have interested me. Am I turning into an old fart?

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Red Dead (I gave up on as well)
    Mass Effect games take a lot of emotional investment and you need to play it consistently otherwise you might forget something crucial - That said I didn't even bother buying the 3rd one.
    Borderlands is great (one of my very favourite games and one of the very few I'd play through more than once) - even better if you have Xbox Live - not huge on plot it's sort of like a less geeky version of Fallout 3 or a slightly funnier version of Rage (better than Rage) and it has 4 characters who play rather differently and some great bonus content too on the special edition version.
    Arkham Games are both great - The 1st one is tighter and more focused but they are still both super fun to play - you really do feel like it's a Batman simulator at times.

Dishonoured is decent but requires a certain amount of patience if you want to do the game without killing everyone - it's probably best played as murderously as possible I realised after I gave myself the chore of not killing anyone.

Currently I'm playing Farcry 3 the main character is a dipstick - but the game itself is superb and rather long too - you really get great value for money..

Perhaps you might try something frivolous like a racing game to get back into the groove ?

---------
    Managed to Get Ultra Magnus in Tesco today (i'm glad to say) and a few minutes fiddling with my car boot junker RID Voyager Prime and now he's got smokestacks "Yay!". They had Grimwing too.

3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    just watched the Robocop trailer. I was in the 'no way, leave it where it was' camp before.

Now I am intrigued. Perhaps swayed by the nod to the old suit.

4. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grief man, you have nerves of steel, looking good in Perceptors colours.

:lol . Brilliant. Used to be a great little show. Cheesy as 'owt but fun.

One of the stand-out scenes but there were so many to choose from.
    The first time they went into the opera house was jaw dropping and a 'what the' moment.

Do it. The tank mode is the weakest but even then it has things that raise it like the tiny flaps that fold up to help form the tank's front. For the price it is a lot of fun and looks amazing in robot mode. Just accept there are flaws.

Ha - never thought of that :) 

Not had any issues with the MP11 mold other than the guns popping off the whole time. Bit worrying if Acid storm is showing problems as they really should have QC sorted with this mold.

5. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I think it just happens, dude. If you spoke to me three years ago you would have met a guy who knew pretty much everything that was going on in the world of games, even on the consoles I didn't own. Now, my xbox rarely gets a look in, and if I do decide to take up a game (recently I downloaded state of decay and blood dragon) they only hold my attention for so long.

It actually makes me really sad and I wish I could get absorbed into games as much as I used to, as they were such a big part of my life. To me, there was nothing better than getting sucked into a new zelda game or similar.

I kind of blame getting older, but I also blame my obsession with online shooters that began with halo 3, because they turned my patient, adventurous and inquisitive gaming brain into one with a short attention span and the need to beat other people.

6. delpihero

delpihero Well-Known Member

The chrome thighs are stickers, the one your on about had chrome on the plastic

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Stargate (SG1) Is good in that it evolved and changed so much over the years But the eps I liked were the one where Carter blows a star up. The one where they save the earth from an asteroid, the one where Daniel's wife speaks to him through a hand divice of her host, the (later) one where they get burned alive, the ones with the androids in, the one where they get super speed and the ones just after where they get suspect of being spies and it's just a clips show - but a dead clever one, there's loads. I also like the one where there's a multiplicity of SG1's some of them evil. sure there's some buy the number stuff in there but there some great stuff too like the starfighter attack on a mothership for example (very star wars) and the battle in the ice that leads into the spin off Atlantis is awesome.

I agree Season One of Earth Final Conflict is terrific the later eps make you want to render yourself unconscious with a sledgehammer though. I did get a Chuckle out of Z'Ore becoming a sex mad cavewoman though.

----------

Has anyone wondered if Tesco will ever sell the 2nd wave of Predacons rising toys or not ?

----------

I love my KO Metrotitan to bits he's a great stand in for the real deal - the only easy ways to tell the Ko apart is the screws holding the wheels on - the KO bases are super custom fodder too if you feel like spraying one gold or making your own Knight of Cybertron.

8. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I was gutted they axed BUGS after series 4, particularly as it ended on a cliffhanger. I'd always enjoyed BUGS but it really hit it's stride with the introduction of Jan and Alex. Shame that Ed had to regenerate though...

I was in a minority by loving Crime Traveller as well, particularly it's cheeky nod to Doctor Who in one episode.

9. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really liked SGU. Had potential that was never realised.
    Babylon 5 I never really followed though, heard good things about it and I enjoyed what I saw.
    But I do agree, DS9 is a great Trek series. Loved how there were long reaching arcs and not just a rest every week like TNG and Voyager.

Kapow is who I'm going to order MP Soundblaster with. Less hassle.

I kinda want to watch all of Stargate SG1 again form the beginning, through to Universe. But 10 years of SG1, 5 of Atl and 2 of Uni is a lot to go through again.

I want to get GTA V, but just don't have the time to invest in it at present.

Oh they have learnt a lot.
    I have a friend who's worked on it and has played it. Says it's an improvement on IV.

I'm envious of anyone who watched BSG from the start not knowing what's coming. Seeing all the reveals and connections.

10. delpihero

delpihero Well-Known Member

He said it's his cousins from childhood, I told him he must be American as the glow in the dark ear not released in Europe.

In the auction he miss spelled metroplex shop I thought I got a bargain, I was specious but never heard of a KO metroplex before that was old. Most KO have come out in the last 5 years this seams to pre date that

11. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I'm continuing my trip down memory lane with Worzel Gummidge & Educating Marmalade, both starring the late Charlotte Coleman. Worzel Gummidge Down Under series 1 is surprisingly dark at times, for a kids series.

This nostaglia just makes me wish they'd release Beast Wars on DVD in the UK. Why Beast Machines but not Beast Wars?

12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    It's silly isn't it. I've got a beast wars DVD with a few episodes on it, just release the whole lot already! With bonus rubber ducky and Golden Disk special features disk!

Hopefully Animated will get a proper release.

Also, kids TV back in the day could be pretty dark and twisted, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I used to love shows like Round the Twist and Eerie Indiana.

13. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

Very dark. But then, kid's TV was like that back then. Just watch Chocky for proof of mindfuckery on an epic scale.

14. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Talking of Wurzel Gummidge, who was his weird undertaker looking mate who supplied Wurzel the spare heads. That dude used to freak me out as a kid.

Yes mate, good shout on both of those shows. Eerie Indiana..........all time classic!!

Edit: Wurzel's 'Handsome head'!! scary shit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Double edit: Hmmmm new avatar time perhaps

15. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Robbie Rotten from Lazytown's rape face?

16. yummehcheese

yummehcheese Well-Known Member

Bought Catherine when it came out, and absolutely loved it! Though, I think it'd be too unusual or quirky for a lot of people.
    I thought The Last of Us was pretty overrated. Much preferred Bioshock Infinite which a lot of people compared to The Last of Us for some reason.

Should definitely give Mass Effect a go. The first game might not impress you or get you hooked, but it would be hard to not be invested at Mass Effect 2's half-way point!

I believe the Collector's Editions are all pretty much sold out everywhere. Glad I preordered haha!
    I heard about that too. It's 'expected' to make £1 billion in profits in a year or something along those lines.

17. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

Think I'm halfway into Season 2 now and it's much better than Season 1 but less suit action. She was hotter in GI Joe ;) 

SG1 is on Pick Tv but almost at the end.
    Really hope they repeat Atlantis on there as I loved that!
    Watched Defiance few episodes but so dull!
    Falling Skies is great!
    Loving Under the Dome and looking forward to new Arrow!

Mine will be here tomorrow and looks awesome! I got the blue Motobot at AA for under £50 and it's cool. But Aranea looks evil supreme! :D 
    Perfect Effect stuff is expensive but full of win.

Max Payne 1 was the best. 3 I almost had to force myself through.
    Still playing Crysis 3 but not in months.
    Mass Effect series is amazing! 1 is dated but really helps you get into the series. All are cheap on Origin.
    Looking forward to Assassins Creed 4, brilliant long deep games.
    Batman Arkham Origins. Can't... Fucking.. Wait!!!

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I see you Crime Traveller (well done for even knowing it existed) and raise you Channel 4's Max Headroom Adventure show (not the comedy or game shows).

Young Amanda Payes is 'dreamy' and Edison Carter is a good character he manages to not be to overshadowed by Blank Reg and Max etc...

"I'm Edison Carter and this is Network 23.. and what I want to know is..."

If you do watch it though watch the TV movie after the TV series as it completely contradicts the TV show and you will enjoy the TV show more if you watch The TV show before the TV movie.... You will also go WTF more if you see the TV show 1st then the Movie. Great Cast that show had and a nice mix of UK and "other" sensibilities - much like Farscape has.

BTW I hear there's supposed to be a much 'naughtier' edit of the Babylon 5 Lesbian seduction scene - never seen it though.

19. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, how did I forget about Bioshock Infinite! I never finished the original Bioshocks but bought Infinite for lack of any other games around at the time, and absolutely loved it - in fact, I think it's the only game I've ever played all the way through twice.

Dishonored, mentioned by RedAlert Rescue above, was a great game, too - it reminded me of the original Deus Ex, which is among my favourite games.

I liked The Last of Us - I know what you mean, though, as I did spend the first half of the game, after the opening, a little underwhelmed. It really picked up in the second half, though, with the switching between Joel and Ellie.

I might well do - I played about an hour of the first one, but I've heard so much good about the games that I ought to give it another go.

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten about Worzel Gummidge's heads - that picture is scary as anything. Like Sportacus playing Uncle Monty.

20. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    The Crowman, played brilliantly be Geoffrey Bayldon, who gave life to Worzel and other Scarecrows. I'm surprised that they haven't re-done Worzel Gummidge for the 21st Century with it being over 25 years since it ended on TV. I suppose the two problems of bringing it back are:

1) Do farmers still use Scarecrows and would kids these days know what hey were.

2) Modern kids TV would never allow such a nasty, selfish cow as Aunty Sally.

It's surprising just how mean Aunt Sally was and very rarely did she ever get her comeuppance. I have to confess that I nearly blubbed watching the episodes where Aunty Sally arranges for Dolly Clothes-Peg to be used as the target at a coconut shy and where The Crowman makes Worzel chose between Aunt Sally and Dolly. Naturally he choses a miserable life with Aunt Sally, leaving Dolly walking away in tears.

For a kids show they put a lot of thought & atention to detail in it, right down to Aunt Sally's very stiff, doll-like movements.

I think I want an Aunt Sally Transformer.