The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That would be awesome, thank you.

The Entertainer here has tons of different mini figs....but alas no Kreo ones.

It just seems really wierd that minifigs are so prevalent now, but the Kreo ones seem really sparesely distributed

2. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

There is no need to be upset.

Why not get Cubix Huffer and X-Transbots Pipes? Best of both worlds.

Genetic - @IronicHide or, better still, @TFNoir

Also, that's not a monkey, that is actually how I look. Booze and fags and internet witticisms have aged me.

Also, also: Sorry chaps, I fouled up the interview and didn't get the job. But thanks for your input, it honestly gave me more of a fighting chance than I should have had.

Disappointingly, I've just had three job rejections (from two interviews and a trial shift) in a fortnight. Journalism be a bitch, shortee.

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    What are your thoughts on Harry Forrester IH? Think he can do a job in the Championship?

4. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    IronicHide, it was pleasure to see your post's sir :D 

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Um... words fail me.

[​IMG]

These guys are absolutely spectacular. Really. And the little Blue guy talks just like Jesse Ventura.

'Gonna break out ol' Painless...'

6. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Cool - also it looks like these repaints also have different head sculpts - I did not know that (I only have the original group)

7. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Just started following the first of those and am in stitches. Nothing is getting done this afternoon.

Oh and on the job front, do you want me to send over the War and Peace type PM I typed up when someone recently made the mistake of asking for interview tips?

Be warned this is how you'll look if you ever get to the end of it.

Attached Files:

8. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Being upset is a Transfan's natural and default state.

Like those huskies in the Simpsons Movie being whipped by Homer "Rest! Rest!"

I am desperate to see more of TFNoir. The world deserves it.

Bummer man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I also didn;t hear back from my application for a communications officer at the British Embassy in Reykjavik, Iceland, even though the job description and person specification was a copy of my CV and recent experience. Maybe it's because I don't speak a word of Icelandic? :p 

Regarding journalism, I once met Matt Bishop former editor of F1 Racing, he was head of McLaren F1 PR and communications when I spoke to him. What an amazingly good bloke. He gave me his number and called me back when I left a message and gave me nearly an hour's worth of wisdom about how to break into F1 journalism (I was writing an F1 blog at the time). When I realised I'd be looking at a 20k pay cut, years out in rainy empty fields in Sheffield covering mini racing for free hoping to get on the back page of Autosport before I could hope to move up, and even with recommendations and references from Motor sport PR companies like Tony Jardine's, I realised it was not for someone of my age. 10 years ago sure, but at 33 and with a family, no. My journalism days are Tuesdays for TFSource.

Dude, we neet to meet up.

Don't play it down Mogbot, people often pay for wisdom like that, and the time you put into that makes you nothing less than a hero, mate.

All the best
    Maz

9. jono83

jono83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi guys,

Do any one of you have a complete optimal optimus you would like to sell?

I need to one to complete my BW maximals

Thanks

Jono

10. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

11. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Bugger that, you'll go ginger!!!!!!

12. Genetic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Excellent! I'm jacking in law to send people rambling emails for money. By my estimates the technical support team at Virgin Media owe me millions. They still haven't replied to the email I sent them which was entirely written in interpretive dance.

"Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals who are willing to turn ginger." Martin Luther King Jr was indeed a wise man.

Shit I think I've posted 6 posts today and none of them were about toys. Ummmmm oh God, uhhhhh arrrrr here's a blue Cliffjumper-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  13. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is getting out of hand! Both look good but I'm edging towards the cubex one. Although liking Ironichide's compromise idea of one each.

@Ironichide, sorry about the interview. Don't want to be a cliche, but keep plugging away. My mate is a local journalist and after many fraught months of interviews has finally succeeded in getting a BBC job in Bristol.

This! Pearls of wisdom at that.

So a few quick snaps of those gorgeous GT-Rs. Everything that was said in this thread about these beauties is true :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have one with...2-4 of the clear plastic missiles? But otherwise complete. I've been sitting on whether it's worth selling him on or not, is he actually worth anything now? Shoot me a PM with an offer if you're interested anyway, might as well see if it's worth putting him on yet! He's taking quite a bit of space up in my BW box and it's all stuff that needs to go anyhow (as much as I love BW, no space for the toys and they're just not quite up to my snooty MP standards now).

That actually looks pretty good, so glad they chose to release a figure that actually should be that size for scale rather than another bloody Bumblebee.

Definitely going Cubex is me, love the way he looks! Though he does indeed need MP12-benchmark hands and his cab could do with being on a slider to come down a centimetre. I'm keen to see what their alternate more-MP like face is like. Hopefully they get wind of these criticisms and make the adjustments, cos that'd make it just perfect. I'm not sure an official TT one could compete really.

:lol  silly Americans. I wish they had called it that now, their confusion at everyone's laughter would be excellent.

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that bud. Just sit and listen to Dye - Fantasy, and use your disappointment as inspiration to write some Twisted, Dark tales!

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Aw, sorry to hear about the job interview Ironic.

@ Sweeny, yeah I was marginally afraid I'd overblown my opinion of GTR Prime, better then MP-12? Really? Really? Yeah, really. Damn that Saber looks good too, but I definitely won't be getting one.

On the subject of new toys, some nice clear non jungle pics of PE-12 Not Reflector.

[​IMG]

Stabby stabby stabby.

[​IMG]

And Combined mode, which is maybe how he'll go in my display. Dunno for sure yet.

[​IMG]

Yeeeeesssss.

17. PandaGash

PandaGash Hairy Bot

I was looking a few months back but I ended up using a ROTF Backfire with a blacked-up Armada Perceptor head. Not really a Groove style bike but then again neither is the Police Gasket. Worked pretty well.

18. Genetic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Ummmm they did call it that and it ran for 8 years.... :eek: 

Iacon One - About the Golden Disk Awards

19. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bahahaha, they were wise to rename it. How did that take eight years!? lol No wonder we love toys, some innocent minds amongst us :lol 

Those PE Reflector bots are just damn awesome. Why they didn't release an upscaled set for Classics is beyond me, would've been a must-buy.

Sorry to hear it to IH. Can't win first prize every time, but keep at it! Next time might be the right time.

20. jono83

jono83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    @Master Blaster PM'D you