The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    *tries to scroll past TelexStar's avatar*

*mesmerised*

2. TelexStar

TelexStar ...

That's probably the best bet. Cash-in though? Maybe but a) I like the nod to the diaclone origins of TF. and b) when I got him, Sideswipe was not worth the £120+ he was selling for on the aftermarket. I also *genuinely* think the yellow looks better than the red in bot mode.

As for MP11. True, that is a great figure but I still love MP03. The hip stuff never bothered me. Also, there's no way I'm paying current prices for MP11 but I'll snap up a re-issue if it ever surfaces.

3. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't even going to mention until after then really as I guessed you'd have a lot on your plate before that :)  Not exactly urgent after all!

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree with you on the mp starscream. they look like scabbards for swords which immediately makes them cool. plus i like the more realistic colours of the walmart one over the anime MP-11.

5. nellie131

News Credits:
    wicked will have to pm me after to sort out the finer details

6. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Id imagine the mp Jackie and bee reveal was prob slated for botcon (even tho i know its a hasbro event and Mps are takara) its just a feelin i had,
    Also being the 30th year in 2014 Im sure they have shed loads to show,
    Im also hanging onto the dream that one of the botcon figs might be animated ramjet or something

7. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

*snaps out of the overlong stare at Telexstar's avatar*
    *eats lunch two hours late*

Botcon, eh? Anything less than Scrounge, Slayride, Beachcomber, Erector, Quake or Ruckus getting an official Generations / MP toy will leave me a bit snoozy.

Hopefully, we'll have some clues as to the next TF series / fiction. Hopefully, it will be TFA series 4, with several members of Hasbro baking a cake that says 'We're sorry' to Marty Isenberg and DJ Wyatt.

We're only a year away from TF4, too soon to hope for a tease or prototype for the toys?

EDIT: Scratch that, hopefully, it'll be an urgent telegram to Brooticus and I to make American Way of Death with our pick of the original G1 / BW / TFA / Breaking Bad / Arrested Development / Bananaman cast.

*goes back to Telexstar's avatar to await further instructions*

8. Bonty

Bonty Dipstick Tapedeck

Yes, I'd take all those. Also, Generations Skids.

BTW, been out of the thread for a bit, did you see Jizai's design for a Scrounge data disc?

Edit: http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/364646997.html

9. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    According to Kapow's FB page they've got something new in, they're just not telling us what it is yet...

10. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes.... and it is painful on both the wallet and space. So I am drastically cutting down. I also collect...

Macross; Mostly 1/60 scale stuff. I have a medium sized collection now, with most of my favourite pieces and avoiding repaints which are all over the Macross line. Its got too expensive and no fun to collect now though, so I am mostly out of that game.... until the v2 YF-19's are released at least.

Wargaming; I am a massive wargamer, have been for years, with a huge collection, mostly unpainted. A lack of time has hit that hard, though.

Figures; Something that I would love to get more into, including Figma, SoC, SRC, Fewture, etc. I only have a SRC Drossel, a few Revoltechs and a couple more at the moment. I would love a huge collection, but I fear it too.

YoYos; A new one for me. A modest collection of 17 right now, and it wont go much further than that.

Not quite sure what this is actually saying.... because I really dont believe that you are saying that Kapow have reduced their prices as a result of a new store.... That would be.... well, anyway....

I doubt it, to be honest. Something like this doesnt happen overnight. I suspect that this has been worked on for a while now, and certainly well before the AE list went up. I think that we should just give Kapow the credit for making it happen and passing on savings. The indication to me is that this is 'going forward' thing, with lower Takara prices from this point on, and that suggests either higher volumes or a different supplier.

Given history, I predict an announcement of MP Wheeljack, followed by something obscure such as 'we will announce the next one soon, and you wont Bee-lieve who it is' not realising that the cat is out the bag. This will result in a total anti-climax. All further news will be shifted to SDCC which is clearly Hasbros real event, where they will show off a silhouette of MP Acid Storms left knee from the back.

Also this. No MP Lambo or Datsun news for the West.

EDIT - Did everyone else see this:

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/t13129/

11. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    For the person who was asking about other collections

M.A.S.K. All the toys collected I Like

Centurions All the toys collected I want

Star Wars Taking a break (due to finding TF's again in 2002 ish)

Starcom - All toys collected, just picking up odds and sods

Transformers - Ongoing, trying to complete series 1 boxed with bubbles etc

Retro gaming - Got all I want except a few expensive games. Thinking od going the MAME arcade machine route.

I collect too much...........and no where to display!

12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Aww man, if they decided to continue the animated story... Pure fantasy, I know, but even if it was an aesthetic departure I'd be all in. Animated is arguably the most coherent, well thought out TF universe ever and deserves to live on.

13. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
  14. nellie131

News Credits:
    rumours are that isn't one of them this year im afraid....

cant find the page again but the extra toys were leaked last week

15. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

16. TelexStar

TelexStar ...

Yeah, I probably simplified to be fair. No doubt the Kapow guys were working on getting a better supplier deal and it wasn't my intention to undermine the great prices we're being offered. Hell, it worked for me as I cancelled my BBTS pre-orders and went with Kapow for all 4 of the up-coming autobot cars.

17. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Looking forward to my Boxbomber arriving this week. Will probably get bummed in the mouth by Customs after MP Alert sailed through.

18. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well there's a new one to drop into conversation. Top work there.

19. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Funny you should mention that. When I drop it around new company, it usually gets a kind of "wait, did you just say bummed in the mouth?" reaction. Similar to exclaiming " Deathcock!" in moments of disappointment.

20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I applaud any man who drops the phrase 'bummed in the mouth' when talking to people he's only just met.