The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No prob, thought that'd be your answer, but the twins are both good to get :) 

Yep, I'm glad I picked them up via anime export, prices seemed almost too good :) 

2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Tankor is a great figure, looks nothing like he does in the show but nevermind. Deluxe jetstorm is also worth hunting down (in any of his many repaints), same issues as above but I love his hover mode.

3. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh god that horrible. Makes sense though. Ha!

Chocolate starfish was always one of my favourites. Good old kids' games involving singing poop.

Honestly, I'm impressed with my resilience to ordering several sets to sell on a year from now when their value shoots up :lol  It's become a serious consideration, ordering doubles to sell on a year after to offset the purchase. I might have to start doing it.

4. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Conkers Bad Fur day reference for the win. "How about some scat, you little twat?"

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Stop it! Ironichide needs to get through BW first before treading the spoilerific tightrope of doom.

6. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had that whole boss fight tune in my head earlier on today.

7. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't for the main reason that it seems to backfire whenever I try it, Skyquake being the most recent example :) 

8. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

Thanks, guys, that's something I need to chase up - never got an email confirmation, just a receipt for the PayPal transaction. Is it worth booking a Sunday room as well as the Friday and Saturday, even if you don't intend to stay the night? If the Hilton is the same as most hotels I'd imagine you get kicked out between 10 and 12 in the morning, which means that if I didn't book the extra day, people would either have to leave early on the Sunday and miss events or haul their luggage around with them on the final day.

In either case (Fri+Sat or Fri-Sun) I'll be looking for roommates. siccoyote gets first dibs since he PM'd me about it ages ago (sorry for forgetting to reply, mate), but I have an extremely comfy single airbed and sleeping bag so I don't mind taking the floor so there'd be a second bed for a third person - if you're interested, Rotorstorm, let me know. I'd only ask for equal payment for the days either of you'd be using the room, so if you didn't want to be there on one of the days it'd just be a per day thing instead of a half or a third of the entire amount.

My TRU, at least, had a buttload of Dreadwings in recently and I think they still have Prime Voyagers on BOGOHP. Tesco Voyagers are down to £15.40 and Starscream tends to be a bit of a shelfwarmer. You'll be lucky to see Skyquake at all on a shelf, mind, never mind at a reasonably price. :p 

9. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hehe with the smaller stuff it can be risky. I feel fairly confident that Masterpiece figures can only make profit though. Well, except MP05 and possibly MP09 ;) 

"Do you reeeeeaaaally think you'll surviiiiiiiiive in here, you don't seem to know which creek you're in. Sweetcorn's the only thing that makes it through my rear. How d'you think I keep this lovely grin?

Have some more caviar" :lol 

I love that game. Will have to dig the cartridge out, go old school this weekend. N64 on 42" will be glorious.

The multiplayer was so good too! The gas chamber deathmatch, electric-panel-floor piss fights, killing the French refugees before they escape from the beach :lol  Quality stuff!

10. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Didn't know Prime Voyagers were £14.99 at TRU(online, anyway) Been waiting for them to get Skyquake in for a while now, quoth the Prime hater. May have to get me a Thundertron and Dreadwing quoth the Prime hater.

11. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I know I'm probably alone in this, but I reckon starscream is the best of the PRID voyagers. Took me a while to warm to him, but he's capable of some truly dastardly poses!

12. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tarnn - you can store your luggage there in a left luggage room I believe. You can book a room for the Sunday but majority of people go home on the Sunday. I just went and put my luggage in my car boot as I drive there.

As for the email from them it can take a day or so to recieve from them so depending on when you booked it could just be on its way so far. Don't panic your in good hands with Simon and co.

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You wouldn't be if you had seen it. It would be more like
    [​IMG]

This was my reaction when I got it
    [​IMG]
    The only response I have for you for sending it to me is this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And she's Scottish.

But Karen Gillan and Jenna-Louise Coleman?
    [​IMG]

Billie Piper?
    [​IMG]

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'd enjoy Piper that much eh?

This thread needs more GIFs. GIFs are fun!

15. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

Good to know they have luggage storage facilities - unless you get free parking as part of the con room deal, the Hilton website says it's £8 per day, so for two or three days of parking it might be cheaper to take the train in. (But then train fares and probably locker fees - what the hell, it's probably about the same cost.) I intend to go home on the Sunday evening too - it's more about having somewhere to crash in the afternoon between con events, but I doubt it's actually necessary.

Payment was made 30th March, though, so it definitely needs chasing up.

16. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    :lol 

I think it was Pete that sent it to you actually...

17. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still blaming you.

18. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    As the evidenced originating source, I can't really avoid that blame.

I might send you something special later.

19. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    To compound me being the only one who thinks Amy Pond is not pretty, I worked on Conker and it is hands down the worst game I ever had the misfortune to work on.

I am like the forum Michael Knight.

Went to Asda tonight, and they have a sale on TF Prime toys. Deluxes were £6.50 ish, cyberverse commanders were a similar price, and legion figures are £3.47 - so I finally snagged Breakdown.

They also had the Kreo combiner sets, so I gladly grabbed Devastator and Bruticus, alas there was no Predaking :( 

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

All hail king of the GIFs!!! :bowdown: 

Really shouldn't be laughing this much when I'm alone in the house.