The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

The next robot to arrive in my collection looks like being Scrapheap which has already been posted from ID Toys. Once he's here I'm going to see if Classified Series Zarana will fit on the bike mode with a view to putting Zartan on one of the others then likewise for another Dreadnok should I get one....I wouldn't mind Buzzer 'cos I had him as a kid but I'm waiting to see if he comes down in price.

I finally cracked on Dr Wu Cliffjumper/Shockwave (toy deco) and secured one via deposit at Show Z Store so I'll end up with 2 different Cliffjumpers so I can keep one in alt mode....due to the size I'm wondering whether the Dr Wu carbots and Minibots will work on Magic Square's Ultra Magnus v1 as the alt mode is a bit small for Magic Square's own versions of those characters which I don't own aside from Sideswipe and Huffer anyway.

I could also try them with Newage's Ultra Magnus although that's more of a faff to transform so I'll probably leave him in robot mode.

As my folks are out and parcels are incoming I can't get out for a walk today so I've done a bit of stair climbing for the first time in a couple of months and was pleased to find I can do the same amount in the same time as I was doing previously before I stopped due to tweaking something in my right ankle :) 

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
  2. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the kind words gang. Hoping he'll be OK but also he's 14 so it's not like health issues weren't expected. Hopefully get a lil more time with him.

Once he does go me and the Mrs have decided we won't get a new doggo straight away. If Juma goes this year we'll have lost 4 in less than 6 years and it's just too much pain in a short period. We'd take our time to mourn and then when we both feel ready, we'd get a puppy (a rescue one if at all possible) so we can have them for as long as possible.

• Like Like x 16
  4. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's awful. My mum is taking her (only 9yr old) Golden Retriever tomorrow morning. Kidney disease and nothing they can do. Properly upset for her and Amber (the dog).

Takes me back to losing my second Lab in 2019 and the first in 2016. The emotional toll is horrendous. We swore we'd take a break but the house felt empty...

Our 4yr old cavapoo was picked up just as we locked down the first time, and so has a good decade in him all being well, but I don't even want to think about that, or what comes afterwards...

Those that know, know. They are family members. The emotions are the same.

Feeling for you dude.

• Like Like x 10
  5. X Wing Flyboy

X Wing Flyboy Well-Known Member

Smythe's toys deals, Primal I got simply because he was £11.99, not a great fan of beasts but at that price why not. IMG_20240618_161713.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  6. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

That's awful, my heart goes out to your mum. It's almost two years since my Billy died of lymphoma - he was only three-and-a-half - and I still find myself crying two or three times a week. I was determined never to get another cat, but then the not-wife told me about a nine-month-old mum with a three-month-old kitten and a hard-luck story, and Suki and Kenzo arrived...

That's pretty nostalgic!

"...your favorite Autobot leader and mine..."

That's right! Apart from Star Saber. And Ginrai. And Dai Atlas. And Fortress. And Rodimus Convoy. And Grimlock.

• Like Like x 10
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I get that, had I been able to get new ferrets immediately after Rebecca passed at the end of March of last year I might have done so but the time that's passed since has helped me get to grips with losing her as well as Oreo in 2021 and I've been able to prepare for new ones better.

I hope you're able to enjoy some more time with Juma whatever happens.

• Like Like x 8
  8. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Great pic

Love it

Loving the pic.

Metroplex is so much fun

• Like Like x 11
  9. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about the terrible news about Juma :( . I wish your whole family the best in this worrying time and hope the vets can do everything in their power to get Juma better.

• Like Like x 6
  10. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 9
  11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A good lifespan for Juma, it's difficult but you're doing all you can and have given a loving home, any pet couldn't ask for more.

We have chickens and they are funny creatures, problem is they live on average 4/5 years and it happens so suddenly a lot of the time and we get so attached. most traumatic was our first cockerel, Clancy, he was a wonderful bird and looked out for the hens, he had some sort of lung problem that ended up with him crowing in agony with his fight or flight response and my sister absolutely distraught trying to comfort him as he was dying, then we have some like Saturday where a hen had a nice afternoon, had a little dustbath, went under the red currants and went to sleep, no pain or fuss.

Still not any easier.

And Thunderclash.

On the subject of star Saber, definitley do get the DNA set for him, I thought the cannons might be a little big and same with the wings but they just make him even more epic

• Like Like x 15
  12. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Fantastic stuff, thank you!
    I was looking for all three, that's a great price. :) 
    Now... Do I arm them with their mini-selves, or swap it up a bit and headcannon the targetmasters as a 3rd mode possible due to mass-shifting?
    Shout out to the Hive Mind, I'll be in Kuala Lumpur for about 3weeks during the summer break. Are there any Transformer/Robot stores people would recommend?

I was looking forward to hitting up the Ultraman Café but apparently that shuttered due to COVID :( 

• Like Like x 10
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Just know there's no truly good way to fix Buzzer's chainsaw it's so rubbery :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Quick reply from omegalock this morning, seems I'll be getting a replacement door!

Other than that, he just has loose outward hips. I've tried to fix it by stuffing tissue into the hip skirts with middling success.

• Like Like x 7
  15. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Uh oh...we have the potential makings of the first TFN sale/purchase happening and it's not even July!

• Like Like x 6
  16. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

Its only about 500 miles :D 

I'm still waiting for a reply on getting them to post my replacement part they supposedly had over a month now :( 

• Like Like x 6
  17. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Robot Toys Burning Convoy has arrived! :rock 

Loving that all the pop up guns are the same gold as the swords and a couple of other details as they stand out in a good way whereas the shoulder guns on Primal are a bit lost in all the black.

The colour of the translucent plastic is really nice, different cameras and lighting will probably affect how it looks in pictures but in hand it's a deep red.

In this deco it's slightly easier to see the differences in the swappable faces as well although for the moment I'm keeping the Prime faceplate on.

The only slightly disappointing thing is that there's no gold on the gorilla head as all the details get lost but I'll probably keep it in robot mode for the most part.

@Siege Fan,
    Duly noted, I'll start researching suitably scaled alternatives.....I think I already have one that might work that I bought for one of the Jazwares Fortnite bunnies that I got a few of as minions for Marvel Legends White Rabbit!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Toys R Us was good for me when I had one of my wedding ceremonies.

There is one in the Petronas.

• Like Like x 5
  19. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    20240619_143512.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  20. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

You’ve enabled me into ordering it!

Just need to find a better way of attaching the shield now…

• Like Like x 9