The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All this talk f the Gamecube has made me nostalgic, But I already was playing Pikmin 2 and Luigi's mansion 2 the other day so I'm covered.

Beast Wars episode 7 discussion is open if anyone wants in :) 

2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    dang it, keep falling behind, sorry, will watch before I hit the hay :) 

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I don't care what anyone says... these two can look cool together.

[​IMG]

Also got some pics of all my MP cons together. I'm not usually one to play things by years, but having all the 1984 cons together feels great. i don't even feel too much urge to upgrade Megatron and Skywarp. I know I will if they release them though!

4. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Love it! Still don't know why everyone and his dog seems to want to hate Megatron these days.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Tried that a few years ago, it worked for the 97/98 version but for some reason it just didn't like the 96/97 version which is the one I really want. My knowledge of DOS emulators is spectacularly limited.

Thanks anyway though :thumb 

6. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Because, since they remade Prime, seemingly everything that came before no longer counts :rolleyes:  I can get that Megs is a bit too big, even with the height mods I did when compared to the holy scale chart, but at the end of the day, he's still a masterpiece Megatron (compared to the shoe horning in that other people do with figures from other lines he's totally legit) and my Decepticons need a Megatron. Even crazier is this 'need' to replace all the seekers. I honestly replaced my MP-3 walmart Starscream because in hand I preferred the colours and head sculpt on MP-11 but apart from that I wouldn't have replaced either of the other two if I had another version. They're barely more than background characters as it is.

7. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I found my old Electron in the garage yesterday - I've got two BBC Model Bs and an A3010 somewhere in there too!

8. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I dont hate Megs... we've parted ways... but only because its inevitable (he says) they'll have to do an updated version a la MP10... and if they nail it like they did with him.... oh my. :) 

9. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    That discounted Skywarp at Argos ended up costing me a fair bit....

10. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I like the idea of Megatron being bigger, especially than the Seekers and Soundwave. A lot of people seem to cry about Hegemon's size; he's a head taller than Classics Voyager Prime :rolleyes2  I have a weird feeling that MP-10 will be £80 soon, one way or another. Possibly a 20% off promotion or something. Then I will strike!

11. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest there's not many mods there I would say are good and fair at their job. Cyber Bishop's always been pretty good, the rest....eh.

Crazy to hear Diaclone collecting isn't as expensive as MP! I mean, I know MP's not cheap, but I always thought it'd be hundreds of pounds per figure for the pre-Transformer stuff.

I'd forgotten all about batteries in cartridges. Shows how long it's been, what a sad thought. I dare not plug in my Pokemon Blue cartridge :( 

Seems like all the more reason to download digital copies to my Wii U I guess!

I know, but even so. Reprolabels! ;) 

I think our Megadrive is in a box in my sister's wardrobe, alongside our SNESs, N64, PS3, XBOX original and Gamecube. We've so many games strewn around the house, it might worth starting to sort through them and sell them on. I'm no game collector, just an experience lover, so keeping dusty old cartridges and discs I'll never use again because I have digital versions seems silly. We got Mario Kart Double Dash special release and the Wind Waker dual-disc set with Master Quest, they'd probably go for a reasonable amount. Will have to make up a list of all our games by console and start price checking. Could be sitting on a gold mine!

What REALLY irks me is that me and my brother kept all of our N64 games' boxes. With which they're all worth a pretty penny. BUT, stupid interfering mother decided to "clean up" the underside of our beds (which is plain stupid, what else are we going to use the space for!) and chucked them ALL. Imagine the rage, confusion and hatred. Same as when they sold our G2 Grimlock and Laser Rod Prime- both complete with boxes- at some car boot sale. Without even asking us.

I still mourn the loss of Laser Rod to this day. He was one of my first TFs and an absolute favourite. The working head lights! Battle station with shooting discs and foam dart! Light up sword and gun! What a figure! Buying a reissue just isn't the same, I want my original back :cry 

Definitely. Seibertron through its various incarnations has been chockablock with adverts. Pretty clear what the real point of the site is :rolleyes
    I wonder which member/moderator/admin/site owner you have beef with :p 

I always really hated Getter Dragun. Mostly because he was an elitist dick who looked down on others and whined like a siren whenever his super mega awesome exclusive were devalued by a regular release. But I think he took it too far one day and got booted, much to the amusement of everyone else.

Gah I need to learn these new guidelines. So it's cheaper to send small packages and large ones, but anything in the middle is a rip off?

Like I said I'll have to make a list of mine, going through them will remind me which ones are essentials for any GC runner. Maybe I can even supply ;) 

If you don't have Classics 'Bee, can't hurt! The alt mode does look wonderful.

What what? £8 each? What the actual fuck? I'm tired of Royal Fail's money making scams, they need to shape up or ship out.

I sent a box that should've been £7.65 first class recorded but cost me £10 solid. What are the size limits for each class, do they do it by volume or dimension? I reckon they've probably screwed me out of cash by doing the same, sending it as the wrong service. Asshats.

Bud we have loooooooooooooooooooaaaads of quality games! More games than I've gotten with my xbox or Wii in the four/five years I've had them! That controller was a triumph, I'm a little sad it can't be used with the Wii U. Nah GC games don't work with Wii U, just Wii games. But they'll all start getting added to the Wii U's virtual console starting this month til the end of the console's life so they'll be playable. With any luck the better ones will get a HD remake like Wind Waker is (totally bought, especially if they add back in the two missing dungeons).

Soul Caliber 2 was great. Many a young night was spent bouncing Ivy/Taki's boobs about :p  Smash Bros is a must for any console owner, Melee is a favourite amongst a lot of people but I'm pretty happy with Brawl (til the new one anyhow). That's one game I can definitely add to my sale list when it gets written. Hope it goes for a bit!

:lol  totally the same about playing it too. That and Mario Kart spent many, many nights at various mates' houses in rooms filled with cushions, snacks and smoke :D 

Looks like I have something to watch over breakfast then! I really really badly want a new Luigi's Mansion for the Wii U. Hell, I'd take a HD remake at this point.

12. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I've softened to the idea of a larger Megatron over the years. To be honest, he's always been bigger than prime since at least Armada (and G2...)

I'm not seeing a new Megs as a certainty yet, as the MP line never seems to do the predictable thing. If they do make one he'd better have a bloody bicep swivel though. It's the one thing I truly find lacking on MP-5.

13. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

And be strong enough to hold his fusion cannon in delightful poses. Much as I love mine, that scope is massive.

14. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Errrrrrm no lol. I'm on for buying MP-3 heads if anyone has some spare.

That's okay dude I have a spare iGear Skywarp loose I can sell you if you want...it's the most accurate Skywarp in terms of the robot mode....

Fuck me, that's amazing!

A lot of the Diaclone stuff is fairly common so you can pace yourself with it. If you have money to burn you could get yourself a set of Dinos and most of the cars right now from various online stores. There are probably 10-15 Diaclone cars that are tough to get but they are mainly colour variations so if you didn't want a complete set it's pretty doable. If you're okay with getting Italian boxes over the Japanese ones you're laughing.

15. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    ... and all I want is to find a spare MP Thundercracker head from somewhere to replace my Skywarp's. If I manage it you can have his original one.

16. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Cheers dude, that would be awesome!

17. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    To think.... I originally decided that I would only sign up to one TF forum, as I was even then a member of too many boards and they were sucking away my spare time, so I tried to register on Seibertron way back. But, I never got the email to activate my account. I emailed them about it and never got a reply. So, I just registered here, and never looked back. I am still waiting for a reply!

I agree. The fandom is fickle like that. MP Megatron was never a popular figure, but the number of posts on this site that go on and on about a v2 Megatron is just boring. We get it. But, with the current gun laws being even stricter than they were a few years ago, I am not so sure that a G1 Megs will happen just yet. I would love a G2 tank Megs.... just for the implosion in the fandom.

MP Megs is a great MP figure. People need to realise that the original aims of the MP line didnt include scale, and not having scale doesnt mean he isnt an MP figure. MP Megs in gun mode with the add-on set is just awesome, the transformation is 'involved' and the resulting robot mode is very cool. His arm cannon is too large, but it has to be to look good in alt mode. Again, the original MP line emphasised the alt mode as a realistic representation.

I can just see the entire MP line going round in circles and its depressing. People are already calling out for v2 figures of Grimlock and Hot Rod just because of damn scale.

Yeah, me too. Every time he went down in price, I got another one!

Tonight I remembered that I still had a RotF Voyager Nebulae 'mint choc chip' Starscream, and so I opened him up. I know robot mode is not very poseable, and he is basically a walking Dorrito, but I really do like that figure all of a sudden for some strange reason. I cant believe that I picked up this one from Kapow when they were discounted to £10 years ago and never got around to even opening him until now!

18. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I just *cannot* get enough of photographing these toys....and to think I nearly missed out on them all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you're on the fence like I was, fall off already!

All the best
    Maz

19. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    You made the right choice! They really are awesome.

Your pic of Sideswipe holding the matrix like that really made we want that mold in the black 'Deep Cover' colours with a police bage to hold.

Shame you didn't manage to score a Soundwave, sure you'll manage though. He's worth it!

Any chance you're going to get the Seeker molds?

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wonderful photos Maz! I love these guys, so glad I have Sideswipe and Prime. You've just reminded me how good Prime his in alt mode with his trailer, guess the display's getting switched up tomorrow again.

I'm cool with people wanting a new whatever. MP Rodimus is to be frank a bit shit so a simpler, Hot Rod-only figure would be great. Megatron's good, but he falls behind in looks.
    You guys just need to accept that the old MP line is done and dusted; why shouldn't the new MP line- emphasising the importance of cartoon look and scale- get a new Megatron? A new Hot Rod? Hell, even though I wouldn't care for a one, a new Grimlock? (I'm happy with MP08, but yes he is smaller than the holy scale chart portrays. Not something that bothers me, but I can see why it bothers most).

The MP line might well go round and round in circles, but isn't that what we've been doing for the last ~30 years anyway?

EDIT: For Soundwave it's totally worth waiting on the Hasbro release. I know the box isn't as fancy, and the eyes are yellow rather than red, but otherwise it's the same and it saves getting the other four tapes separately/more expensively. Pretty worth it if you ask me, just like Hasbro MP10 was.