The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    I was the same with the seekers, started off with just one, then I said to myself " if I have one then I might as well have all three". Luckily I managed to snag a takara MP-07 Thundercracker a couple of years ago before his price went through the roof. I think I got him for £70 with postage from somewher in Asia.
    Now i've developed some kind of odd seeker obseesion.

2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Have you seen my T-Shirt/poster Design? (shameless plug...)

"The Legend of Broken Pots" by MrLunarbeam | Redbubble

I stupidly sold my limited edition version of the windwaker (with OOT) for £8 at a car boot. Fortunately, I knew someone at a game shop who sorted me out with a couple of copies of the collectors disc on the cheap. I sold one, but I'll never sell the other as it holds my beloved Majora's Mask.

Awesome gamecube games Ninety may not have considered: Pikmin 1&2, Viewtiful Joe 1&2, Killer 7, Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness, Beyond Good and Evil, Freedom fighters, WarioWare.

Also, I am immune to your puny seeker rays, which is odd because evil robots and jets are a winning combo.

3. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Killer7, Freedom Fighters, Warioware, Eternal Darkness are titles we have in our stores and they're wicked. Never got into the Pikmin craze, wouldn't mind Viewtiful Joe but I'd rather wait and see if it hits the Wii U VC.

Are Gamecube games worth a fair whack now then? We must have about 30 titles in our collection, all winners. I never got how people could say it was a bad console or a loser in its generation. It was bursting with good stuff!

I never got into the seekers with the old mold, didn't do anything for me. But I'm loving the more cartoon-like style of the new ones, so I think I might have to get TC when he gets cheap again. *sigh* really need to make sure I stay within my detolf cabinet. I've a feeling I'm going to have to start displaying some of the carbots on the other shelf eventually :lol 

4. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

5. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I have seeker OCD too. I can quite happily own any one of Starscream, Skywarp (especially him) or Thundercracker from any given line, but as soon as I have two I absolutely, positively need the third! I completed Prime Deluxe seekers today with the arrival of FE Starscream. :D 

6. Irish Carnage

News Credits:

That's what my seeker ocd is too. If I have two of the three then I have to get the third. Regarding the Prime deluxe seekers, I bought another First edition Starscream today just so I can have a FE Starscream on my Prime shelf and a trio of FE seekers on my seeker shelf, granted the Starscream on my seeker shelf is currently being painted into G1 colors.
    Thankfully the ocd isnt too bad with the coneheads, all I have with them is the Igear coneheads, classics coneheads and Prime voyager Coneheads which are a WIP at the moment.

7. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice design.
    I got the Wind Waker version with the OOT disc as well. Never letting that go.

He'll I'm tempted to pick up a 3DSXL so I can play OOT, Minish Cap and the upcoming Oracle of Ages and Seasons. And some of the other games.

As for the games, I have Pikmin 1 & 2, didn't like Viewtiful Joe, Ikaruga & Beyond Good and Evil I got on XBLA (Still to play BG&E, there's that theme again...) and never played the rest. Can't quite remember what games I have for my GC.

But see, they are easily accessible for you. No need to worry about suitcases and beginning them home. You can have them delivered straight to your house.

8. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Strangely, I am not a 'Seeker completer'. I am much more about the Coneheads to be honest, which may be because the only Decepti-jet I had was Ramjet. I just find them a lot cooler and more interesting. My obsession comes from the figure design, more than the characters or background. I got my first, which was Greenscream, and couldnt believe how far Transformers had come. It all spiralled out of control from there. I like owning the core three Seekers, but not really enough to actually pay for three repaints of the same design. The MP line is the only place that I have all three. Even in the Classics I only ended up with Thundercracker, Thrust, Ramjet and Acid Storm.... and I hate that figure design.

9. Irish Carnage

News Credits:
    Beyond Good and Evil was and still is a fantastic game. I had it originally on xbox and got the HD version on the 360 last christmas.
    Probably one of the most underrated games of the xbox/PS2 generation. It was as close to a Zelda game as you could get on a non-nintendo console. As I remeber it didnt sell well at all, I used to work in an Xtravision shop at that time and we were giving them away with new phones. I think it was around the time Ubisoft and EA flooded the market with games and some really great games got completely overlooked becasue of it.

10. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Thats just gave me the big OK on it. Always in my mind screamer is the 'leader' of the seekers, so I dont mind him looking the 'chunkier' of the three facially, as skywarp and 'cracker are essentially his lieutenants.

Why oh why does MP11 have to be so frickin dear!?!

if I have a good week on my auctions then its gonna have to be igear traitor, some stickers, and a head transplant. Once Ive got the full trio then I have the dilemma of do I display them with their G1 counterparts, or sell the G1s to fund some more MP love?

i know, 1st world problems :p 

11. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What what what's this about Oracle of Ages and Seasons? They're old gameboy titles, have they been rejigged for pseudo 3d? (Please say yes, that'd rock)

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    :lol 

Cock Rocket!! Orgazmo - YouTube

When my interest in TF's was rekindled back in 2004/2005 I was just starting to use the internet regulary, so I'd never used message boards before. I read a lot of stuff about the robits on the internet, I remember reading TFSource and TF-1 articles about stuff I knew nothing about but then kinda wanted, and being fascinated by and losing hours to Fred's.

One of the first TF's I bought back then was MC-13 UNCLE Megs as I'd read about the history of the figure, which really appealed to me.

Just what you say about seeing the artwork is what fuels my real TF passion of vintage artbooks. I love the TV Magazine specials and Kodansyas. One of these days I'll buy a scanner and get them all up. The Joustra's have such greatwork, completely unique style.

No-one's mentioned Amstrad Action, free cover tapes with games and programs, that takes me back :) 

Jet Set Willy was impossible!!

Dizzy games were class :) 

I loved as a kid that as well as full price games from Ocean and the like, you got Codemasters and other budget games in the supermarket for a fifth of the price. I used to bug my folks every weekly shop!

I've owned an Amstrad CPC 464, Amiga 1200, Gameboy, SNES, PS1, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance then an SP, XBox, XBox 360, SNES again, PS2 currently, and just bought a Gamecube again. I'm going backwards :D 

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  13. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah I see they're getting 3DS VC releases. Excellent, everyone should play them at some point, they're fantastic Zelda titles.

Shame they have not indeed been redone in Phantom Hourglass' style. That would've been epic

14. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Gamecube was amazing. It din't have the quantity of games, but it certainly had the quality. And the controller just melted into your hands...

I loved pikimin (2 is better than the first, as you aren't restricted by time) and in my opinion one of the most successful attempts at a real-time-strategy on a console.

Having a look, it seems quite a few gamecube games go for a pretty penny. Do they work with the Wii U?

Thanks! The minish cap is brilliant.

Yeah, it got snowed under in the christmas rush of 2003, I believe. I personally think it bettered zelda in many respects.

15. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    List so far in no particular order, suggestions are welcome:

Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, PN 03, Pikmin 1/2, Monkeyball, Metroid Prime 1/2, Rebel Strike, Rogue Leader, Eternal Darkness, Timesplitters 2, Soul Caliber 2, Starfox Adventures and Assault, Killer 7, Paper Mario, F Zero GX, Wind Waker

I played Viewtiful Joe recently on my PS2, I'll look into the others not already on my list, cheers dude :) 

16. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:

^the stuff of nightmares:eek: 

Mp-16 is in the house, I thought I'd probably be letting Buzzsaw go before he arrived as I don't really need him and Laserbeak. Only wanted F&R, ravage and laserbeak to display with SW.

Fook that though hes a keeper, he looks really, really nice in the flesh(plastic).

17. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Scared of posts in Bold

Oh dear, just ordred Fortress from Kapow. GF will kill me when she works out how much it was from the size of the box.

Still worth it though.

18. Brooticus

News Credits:
    F-Zero GX was amazing gameplay wise, but I was bitterly disappointed that it didn't feature the Powermetal Soundtrack of the N64 version!

Yeah, Soul Caliber 2 is amazing, had many an epic battle on that. Smash Bros Melee is one you may want to try. My word, the nights I spent in a small, smokey room having Smash Bros tournaments. Captain Falcon was tha bomb, yo! FALCON PUNCH!!!

19. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Download DOS-Box. It worked for me on XP but God knows how Vista will react to it!

20. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Gamecube has 'been despatched' Excite! :D 

And won a sealed KO Italian G1 Erector!! :D :D