The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

The thing is, they all lost their memories prior to the show starting. So all that combat experience Rattrap had is gone. He's starting as a blank slate and once he gets his memories back, he becomes that resourceful combat expert once again. This is why I'm ok with how it went. It changed up the characters in a way that made sense in show. Megatron is the only one who doesn't get that excuse, but he's outright won for who knows how many years. He's become complacent and bored.

Silverbolt's guilt was about how much he relished being jetstorm. It was the unrestricted freedom and how he enjoyed going against his usual honour code and being so uncharacteristically agressive and mean that made him feel guilty.

As for Rhinox, I always go with the theory that they never deactivated the tankor shell program so we ended up with evil rhinox from that one episode of bw when the same thing happened. But this time, they didn't realise the program was there so they never returned him to normal (memory loss causing them to forget shell programs are a thing. I know the intent of the wroters was that it was Rhinox's free will and he was sane and normal when he did what he did but that goes against character too much. Evil rhinox shell program is perfectly in character. )

and hasbro told the show runners not to watch bw before they started as they didn't want continuity. That didn't turn out well did it.

Overall, I love bm. I can see why some hate it, and it's certainly unique with the story, but i really enjoy it and rank it among top 5 tf shows. But nightscream sucks and is by far the weakest part of the show.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If someone else is interested in the figure without the extra head, then sure

• Like Like x 7
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Cheers good sir!

Schwimmers sex appeal always made no sense to me, but his acting ability is undersold! Just finished a re-watch of band of brothers, and he certainly acquitted himself well in that.

• Like Like x 9
  4. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Got Legacy Cybertron Starscream the other day and he's great. Now that you can put the blades on his arm feels odd to put them back up on his shoulders with the blades out (not sure if that's just me). It's an example of a good update though. It's nice he comes with a gun but it just doesn't feel like his, Starscream doesn't usually have a handheld gun so that's probably what it is..

Never had anything Beast Machines, that Mega Tankor always looked the most tempting. My brother got the big Jetstorm when we were kids so I've handled that. Maybe they could do a retool of Beast Wars TM2 Megs for Beast Machines...(It could happen) But Cryotek should happen first.

• Like Like x 9
  5. VehiconVindication

VehiconVindication Well-Known Member

Not just doing the three parter was an odd choice, for sure, I have to assume they added the fourth because they needed the extra time to qualify for a theatrical slot. Even the people who stuck around for the whole thing started getting their phones out in the latter half. It's a shame, but what can you do?

• Like Like x 5
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Set fire to them. Any prick on their phone in a cinema should be burned for the heathen they are. Tis a sacred place!

I'll excuse a quick check of time or messages, but nothing more jarring than some ballsack 3 rows down distracting everyone with the light of their phone screen.

• Like Like x 13
  7. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

They were probably watching Super-God Masterforce on YouTube.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I feel it takes a great deal of self-confidence and humility to take the part of such a total twat and play it to the hilt!

And the more I look at Calcitron, the more I want to try a LEGO tricorn pirate hat on it!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Can I just add people who go to the cinema for any other reason than the movie and sit there talking? Save your money for your other stupid ideas!

The worst I've personally encountered was an OAP wondering what to buy Ethel for her birthday during End of Days... a great movie it isn't but fucking hell!

• Like Like x 7
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

One perfect elegant machine.
    20240518_171646.jpg

And how apt all this bm talk. The soundtrack has just dropped on the transformers youtube as a playlist. Coincidence?

tenor-2.gif

• Like Like x 18
  11. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, tomorrow is the last chance I'll get near me of seeing the 40th anniversary event. I was thinking of going, but after reading what people have said here, I think I'll skip it. I already have all of the DVDs and the entire series ripped on my computer, so it doesn't sound as though it adds much. I was tempted to see the cartoons on the big screen, but it doesn't sound flattering.

Amen to that. Not quite a cinema, but I was at Blur's special sit-down Ballad of Darren Hammersmith gig last year (no judgement please Oasis fans) and the git in front of me had his phone out filming the *entire thing*, which was endlessly distracting (and my conflict avoidance meant I didn't say a thing, just seethed quietly). Although it did make me laugh a bit the next day to see that all videos of the gig were being meticulously pulled down from YouTube with copyright notices.

Random Bumblebee stuff:

I've been learning Blender and 3D printing, and I'm slowly working on a replacement for MP-21's fugly face (my avatar is an early and slightly creepy attempt). Latest blockout:

bb-3d-face1.jpg

(It's triangulated and lipless at the moment because it's low poly until I'm happy with the shape. Heading in the right direction, I think.)

Also, since I got zero reactions to this in the dedicated thread (which hurts my fragile ego), I figured I'd repost here a comparison of all the details SS86 BB took from MP21 (I was away on holiday when this figure was announced which is my excuse for this not being very topical):

ss86-mp21-comparison.jpg

Bumblebee spam over!

Next I need to decide if I want to try to track down SS86 Sludge and Snarl, given that I have Grimlock and Slag and Swoop on the way. the latter looks pretty good in PrimeVPrime's video, but that chin doesn't get any smaller. I assume the consensus is "get them".

• Like Like x 21
  12. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    There are some sequences which look very nice on the big screen

• Like Like x 6
  13. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Decided Quick Kick needed more toy accurate gear, this is what the toy came with:
    [​IMG]

And this is what I made for him, scratchbuilt all of if from styrene, I also decided to paint over the weird pattern on his legs and paint his wristbands black and belt pockets blue to match the toy:
    [​IMG]2024-05-18_06-10-05 by Martyn Lesbirel, on Flickr
    [​IMG]2024-05-18_06-11-31 by Martyn Lesbirel, on Flickr

His backpack and 2 swords will go to Jinx as her figure doesnt have the swords/backpack her toy came with

• Like Like x 10
  14. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

I wonder if it's too late to get two copies of each IF Breastforce member (except Deathcobra)? They're so nice it's be a shame to never see them when they're Liokaiser-ed...

• Like Like x 6
  15. VehiconVindication

VehiconVindication Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to have some free ticket vouchers saved up, otherwise I would've given it a miss. I know it's got its own 40th in two years, but I think they would've done better just putting out the '86 movie again.

• Like Like x 6
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

It appears Dr Wu are releasing Cliffjumper by himself and with Shockwave, so if I want Shockwave I'll end up with an extra Cliffjumper as my existing pre-order is for the single release.....an extra Cliffjumper is not the worst outcome.

Hubcap is off the table 'cos I don't want a grey Shockwave but I'm probably ordering Ultra Magnus on Tuesday.

The Cobra Ferret is very nice, I wasn't expecting the soft plastic/rubber tyres or the suspension but more importantly WWE Ultimate Edition Mr T fits on it nicely and there's even room for a bin on the back! :) 

I've also got him holding a Megatron pistol in case that crazy fool Murdock comes after his trash bags again! :D 

The included figure might be decent, I don't know because it's not been removed from the plastic bubble yet.

My feet are sorting themselves and after 2-3 weeks of minor muscle tweaks and blisters I was more like my usual pace today so the new footwear is definitely helping :) 

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Collectotron

Collectotron I am going to turn into a truck now *eueureghgheh*

News Credits:
    Needing to offload some things before moving. So anyone interested in these ?

Fossiliser bundle, all complete £30 posted 1000004859.jpg

Various TFs bundle. (Optimus,skywarp and ROTB Wheeljack have no weapons and Siege Blackjack is missing a wheel. Other than that everything is complete.

£40 posted
    1000004860.jpg

Open to offers. UK only. Can have both bundles for £60

• Like Like x 9
  18. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    1000037897.jpg 1000037898.jpg 1000037913.jpg 1000037917.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

• Like Like x 6