The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Have they done Rose yet? :) 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Brothers.
    20240517_120734.jpg

All this talk of ss86 bee and just bee in general made me switch deskbots. Bayverse and G1 living together. When the younger brother is the bigger brother. Why not?

• Like Like x 15
  3. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

It's actually a Show-Z order, which helps with that challenge, but I didn't think anyone would support that far out? Worth the ask though as you suggested!

If everything works perfectly though and a new part comes through, really it's only a matter of time before it goes again, or at least the other side followed suit. :( 

• Like Like x 7
  4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Been to Osaka, Kyoto, Himeji and Nara all in in the end.

I agree it was a rush heh. I am multi-lingual but this was my first time anywhere with minimal language skills so was a bit daunting at times. That being said, the people are amazing and loads more patient than they had any right to be!

Kyoto and Himeji are tied for me for best places I visited, with Osaka just behind. The hobby scene is really something though I did laugh that Mandarake Kyoto is nested in a multistory mall among high end suit tailoring outfits lol.

TF-wise it was a relatively lean journey. And that speaks more of how tuned off I am rather than there not being enough. If you had a large enough wallet and a couple of massive suitcases you could leave a very, very happy person. However, that being said, transformers are but a tiny, tiny percentage of hobby life in Japan. Absolutely not surprised it struggled so much in the early 2010's.

In terms of haul, I got the Osaka TF exhibition exclusive clear legends Bee, a Micron Legend Hot Rod that's slowly growing in my estimate, a couple of small enamel stands from the TF exhibition and on the very last day, an exclusive ML Minicon team that I didn't even know existed in the colours I bought them in. Funnily enough I was after a loose Rodimus from Superlink from that store, but they had sold the one they had in-between my visits. They had a very decent boxed version but at 3 times the amount I wanted to pay.

Diaclone was equally niche in the stores I went to. Not a single Grand Dion or Cloud Across anywhere though.

Pics to follow but stomach bug and jet lag really did a number on me, but I'm slowly recovering!

• Like Like x 11
  5. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice list, pretty much agree on all of these, except the Brawn toys that irk me, but I'm easily irked.
    I also vote a special mention to characters with great toys that were absolutely awful/pointless or even lore-fully offensive in their films....TLK Knights/Primus, looking at you.
    I still haven't bought a ROTB Mirage as he irked me so much on screen but in common with my cheapster failings, I am sure to go all belt-like and buckle at some point.

In other news,
    "I'm starting to think that I should have declined the invite to this party....".

IMG_20240517_124812_7.jpg

Laters

• Like Like x 6
  6. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'll probably need to pay postage, but if they have the parts (it's not always a guarantee) you'll get them. A lot of 3P have remarkably good aftersales service. Some are shit, like Toyworld, but the bigger ones are pretty good.

I'd also ask for both sides, just in case the other does go.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

It's all Ultra Street Fighter 2 so far, though I've no doubt they'll cane it all like Capcom lol.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Almost bought Concept Megatron earlier, but part of me decided not to.. I'm going mad, I swear!!

• Like Like x 7
  9. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Zero/Alpha is the next game after SSFIIT, so maybe then - although I wouldn’t be surprised if they went straight to III or IV.

• Like Like x 7
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    We all have those opposing forces pulling and pushing us from pretty plastic

• Like Like x 9
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    He is great though. Currently my top pick for 2024 so far. Terrible jet mode, mind.

Also, I fainted in a curry house when I heard REM had split up.

That's me in the korma.

• Like Like x 15
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

The new socks have worked out alright in terms of stopping so I'll be getting more of them, still getting a bit of grief from existing blisters but hopefully it's just part of the trial & error process with getting the right footwear and I think there's also an element of my body still reacting to the shock of going from being unable to do much of anything to several hours of exercising every day in a relatively short space of time.

The Cobra Ferret has shipped! :) 

Rewatched EmGo's review of Yolopark Megatron again and the only things I don't like at this point are,

1.The posable hands. They never look that good aesthetically and on this figure look a bit oversized especially when fully opened out.

Several sets of pre sculpted ones ( fists, accessory gripping and open ) would have been preferable even if it had been at the expense of accessories I'll never use like the lightsaber, Key To Vector Sigma or even the display stand.

2.The face with slightly more detail than the others. Not a big deal because I'll use the laughing face more often than not.

3.There's a joint on the torso that enables the head to look forwards and down quite a way but it prevents it from being able to look up too far.....as EmGo said, it can't do a "Squirrel!" which is a shame.

All that being said it still looks a great figure for the money and in the absence of a main line Megatron worth buying it'll still do very nicely.

EmGo hasn't reviewed Yolopark's G1 Optimus yet so I've only seen reviews of it with the sound muted but aside from the same issue with the hands I think it looks great so I'll definitely be getting it before too long.

Also watched a stop motion video of Dr Wu Ultra Magnus which has me leaning towards a buy, which probably further sells me on the Galvatron/Grand Galvatron set if I can find somewhere that still has the purple version in stock.

@Lothar Hex,
    Nice to see you're enjoying MFT Blitzwing, I've had it for a while and for a figure so small it does all 3 modes extremely well, their Astrotrain and Springer moulds are also very good!

@Hobart Paving,
    Jada's Street Fighter line is currently the best value for money in that scale.

Import figure articulation and detailing without the fragility of MAFEX or Figuarts and at mass retail prices.

Nothing Hasbro, Mattel or McFarlane are doing currently comes close.

I've got all the figures so far ( waiting on M Bison and Dhalsim ) and am open to getting characters from other SF games and Final Fight if they do them,
    [​IMG]Rivals by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Chun Li #1 by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Shienkyaku by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

EDIT,
    Just seen that Dr Wu are putting Shockwave in with Cliffjumper which I'm very OK with!

Also looks like Hubcap and another Shockwave repaint is happening as well!

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 12
  13. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Glad to see the feets are improving boss. And yeah I have the Astrotrain as well and he is a very nice little space caboose. Doubt I'll bother with Octane though, or as I like to think of him, Decepticon Broadside. Cos he is their third triple changer no one really cares about.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

They will have to change it up soon, they're about to do Chun-Li V3... though new molds are arriving too for Blanka, Guile and Sagat etc.

• Like Like x 7
  15. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Cheers!

Aside from the walking I need my feet to be back to 100% for when I get new ferrets so I have some resistance against their teeth! :D 

I think that's where I'm at with Broadside and Octane :D 

• Like Like x 5
  16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Magmatron has arrived! Can't wait to get the big bastard unpacked after work

• Like Like x 16
  17. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

...or getting close to a year for Planet X :oops: 

Omegalock and XTB have done quite well and I have a spare foot waiting to be posted for me.

All these years of zero issues and now 3 in the space of a year! :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 5
  18. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

I'm not bored of this one yet.

1000014481.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  19. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    theres something strange about my maketoys g2 ramjet, i just cant place it...

hoping showz will replace him.
    upload_2024-5-17_15-40-5.png

• Like Like x 8
  20. Collectotron

Collectotron I am going to turn into a truck now *eueureghgheh*

News Credits:
    Been messing with the SS Nest deco of Ratchet and Bee recently. It's made me think, surely these would've gone down a lot better by marketing them as KSI drones from Age Of Extinction ?

The whole point of those drones was styling them after pre-established characters eg stinger = Bumblebee, 2 head = Shockwave etc etc 1000004851.jpg

• Like Like x 13