The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
    So I finally got some time to play around with reactivate lankwave & buffimus prime from HMV - really enjoyable figures, with great tolerances and even Soundwave’s transformation was fun/intuitive to do without instructions.

that being said, prime’s accessories are ok at best, the gun gets a pass because I thought the handle issue was gonna be much worse than I expected, but that axe is tiny! I’m already looking out for some upgrade kits.

would anyone be interested in trading for the axe? I’m looking for Legacy bulkhead’s gun or United chase’s main gun (the one that slots over his hand).

• Like Like x 8
  2. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

ooh sweet...thanks

• Like Like x 4
  3. Astro-Furby

Yup, from the injury that took his voice...at least in the comics

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

What I want most from any Transformers-thing is jokes and gay robots.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

News Credits:
    Outragiously good, mate. Outragious.

Get both if you can afford it.

Legacy Gears is better than I expected, nice modern bit of CHUG; work a pick-up.

First-world collector problems incoming...

I've had fourteen f***ing bots arrive in the last fortnight, Magamtron arriving tomorrow. Still to open Missing Link Primes. I have a lack of space in the cabinets.

I need to get my finger out of my bottom hole and make a concerted effort to sell some bots. I sold 21 bots in the first two months of the year, then got derailed by life then being ill. Time to focus!

• Like Like x 12
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Random question does anyone remember if any of the background Ninjas in any Live Action Gi Joe Movie were women ?
    (not named characters - I mean the canon fodder Trash mob ones).

-----------

Got my first order in from Pop Cultura... arrived quicker than most domestic items once they actually posted it (by EMS) and I didn't get any charge on it. They do use branded tape with is a bit suspect.. but otherwise I'll take the risk again.. but likely only when they have a sale on.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Scarred, and mute throughout the original run - he signs and/or writes notes with the occasional implied grunt of urgency, such as when alerting his fellow joes to a boobytrapped room.
    Out of Battle Dress he wears a Mission Impossible-style generic handsome blonde dude face (it's actually a little more realistic than IMF masking, as numerous times it's established that it's inexpressive) to not squick out Joe public.
    It's established that on an early Joe desert mission Snakes caught a face full of plexiglass and flaming jet fuel helping a trapped Scarlett out of a crashing chopper - OUCH! They did their best to repair his face but pretty gnarly was the best they could do, and his vocal cords were shot.

Just seen the Teaser for EU Transformers #8, and, damn, I am a sucker for pulled straight from the bio character bits, TASTY!

Also happy to discover that Mr. Hobby AHC Orange and Orange Yellow are pretty much ideal for LU Sandstorm construction elements camouflage - though my old, claggy orange has been easier to apply than the brand new one I bought specifically for this job!

• Like Like x 7
  8. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

I see young turk Peter Cullen has consulted with old pro Chris Helmsworth on the voice of Optimus Prime.

I'm just enough of a pedant to really hate crappy headline writers.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

So not a vow of silence? See, I only know the movies as joe history, there is so much I don't know or just wrong about. Didn't know he straight up lost his voice.

How does the axe connect? Is it specific to that prime or could earthrise/ the og classics hold it? If the others could hold it, can't do a trade but may be willing to buy it?

• Like Like x 6
  10. RetroEnbyRobot

RetroEnbyRobot Robobobobobobo?

I dunno, I'm kinda excited about TF One. Reckon at the very least it'll be visually interesting, like the sound of an Animated meets WFC art style too. Hope Sentinel has a massive chin.

• Like Like x 12
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I believe it's a peg hold with a cowl/guard that snugly fits over the fist, so you'll need a character with roughly the same fist proportions (or smaller with enough clearance) for them to be able to use it.

• Like Like x 7
  12. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

The tape isnt alerting anyone! From many orders in the last 3 years, never been hit by customs from there.... except one time, when they shipped 2 orders together so the value was over £135. Just take care with placing 2 orders close together.

• Like Like x 4
  14. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

I don't especially want Transformers to be 18-rated, because I feel that's often just an excuse to show blood and boobs and show a very teenager idea of "mature". Like, I loved most of IDW1, but that was 12 rated at most. Same with Beast Wars, Animated, Marvel UK... none of it feels like it would be improved by a higher rating.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Astro-Furby

Anyone get any notifications from Pulse for Joe figures out 'today'?

• Like Like x 1
  16. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They just upped Phantom Menace to a PG though, because of 'mild threat' and the 'level of violence' (basically the deaths of Maul and Qui Gon), so I wouldn't say some of that stuff would only get a 12 these days...

• Like Like x 4
  17. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have to go quite far to get a 15! Nudity, lots of swearing, graphic violence. I don’t think any Transformers show would be doing that. The Last Ronin is different, it’s based on a mature comic 40 years in the making that started out as a mature comic and was watered down for kids. Transformers has always been for kids (apart from Kiss players).

• Like Like x 6
  18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another psa:the b&m starcats dino combiner is much worse quality than the old version (which can probably still be bought on aliexpress). Also if you were thinking you could pick up the combiner head and it would fit on the old version you are sadly wrong. Took an absolute load of dremmeling to the point there's a small hole in part of the face it's that thin.
    IMG_20240412_211645.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  19. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they are sending things EMS the security concerns are minimal, but slapping names on boxes so visible all ways has seemed like an invitation the thieves to me.

I was aware about being careful of the £135 thing. With them being really slow to post if they had so much in a sale that I had to order twice I just hope they'd respond to a message to not post in a single box if I asked them too.

But I can always pay with a different account in such a situation and then that hopefully would prevent them from doing anything silly ( I hope ).

There is some things in the Transformers Live Action Movies I could mention but as they are against the rules of the site I can't.

But they reminded me at times of the old days of PG nasties. before the middle certifications were invented.
    I wouldn't exactly call them "Mature" as the tone is anything but 'mature' in the sense that the humour is rather base in nature.

I don't think Transformers benefits from a higher rating.. if anything a higher rating would be giving me a reason NOT to watch it much as Gi Joe could be blood and guts if it really had too.. but then it wouldn't be Gi Joe it would be Commando.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

It'd make a better Dinoking than the Core lot, though...

• Like Like x 7