The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Transformers UK.png

Bumblebee, yes, I forgot about him.

Lorries and fire engines aren't cars, however (;) ) - and I'm not convinced a Jeep with 'U.S. Army' emblazoned all over it is discreet...

That's a cup of cold sick alright. Hope you, your Grandad, and the rest of your family are as okay as they can be.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  3. Hobart Paving

But how many ninja will there be?

• Like Like x 7
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

But unless they're taking out the producers...

Maqio

Screenshot_20240411-211804_Brave.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And parked in a cityscape a lot of the time...

Does Ironhide get a pass? I reckon he would kinda blend in. Ratchet less so, because Ambulance.

Trailbreaker too, because America is all large vehicles and stuff.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Hobart Paving

So speaking of cars, who's the most conspicuous on a normal street (the space-car lot excepted)? G1 Mirage? G1 Dragstrip?

I reckon, they do, yeah. But they're not cars*! :) 

*Is Trailbreaker a car? Are SUVs cars? I dunno.

• Like Like x 8
  7. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mirage, because livery. Even Wheeljack comes into the conversation there, I suppose.

Otherwise, pimped paintjob Tracks?

• Like Like x 6
  8. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 22
  9. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    :lol  Was just thinking the same thing!

• Like Like x 12
  10. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 23
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The die has already been cast but my belated Ha'pen'orth he is, like Sandstorm, a triumph of design work over the constraints of the cartoon model, absolutely nails the robot mode, and despite the limitations his slightly GMC Topkick'ed truck mode looks better than a 100% faithful G1 toy or model sheet homage would've! He's better in-hand than in-photos IMHO.
    Have to agree with Lothar & David Willis (as with @Vertex it just popped right in there), it's Wheeljack of the cars (because IIRC there were TWO rally cars in G1 Smokescreen's livery) BTW Best wishes to your Gramps, the Fam, and the car, LH, today can indeed get fucked!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 11
  12. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Despite the intriguing name, even Devastator was meant for external play.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a hole bunch of Series 4,5, & 6 Botbots showed up cheap that would be delightful.. especially if it got some new people into them.

Everyone needs a Botbot to love.

Steve.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  14. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF: One trailer spoilers from cinemacon writeup
    CinemaCon 2024 got to see the very first trailer from the new animated movie Transformers One. The story follows a young Optimus Prime, still known as Orion Pax (Chris Hemsworth), and his brother-like relationship with a young Megatron, known as D-16 (Brian Tyree Henry). The two robots do handy work together in the underground world of Cybertron, but their friendship grows shaky when Megatron wants to rebel and find out why no robots are allowed on the surface of Cybertron. Optimus reluctantly decides to help him figure out the truth behind this mystery because he can’t help but support his best friend, even if it may not be the best idea. The two decide to embark on a journey together to unravel the secrets of Cybertron, a journey that will eventually make them rivals.

The entire scene shown at CinemaCon 2024 focused on Orion Pax and D-16 breaking into a train facility with the help of the not-so-helpful B-127 (Keegan-Michael Key), soon to be known as Bumblebee. They are eventually caught by one of their Autobot friends on patrol, Elita-1 (Scarlett Johansson). Elita-1 tries to report them to the authorities for breaking in, which leads to a colorful chase as the train the group was looking for actually takes off and sends them all on a scenic trip across Cybertron. Orion and D-16 catch up to Elita-1 as it surprisingly reaches the surface of Cybertron, which leaves them all stunned in amazement. The surface of Cybertron looks beautiful with its galactic views and electronic landscapes, which leaves perplexed and asking questions as to why none of them are allowed to be up here.

Suddenly, a large cybernetic force appears in the distance, almost as if the surface of the planet itself is morphing into a monster with tentacles that doesn’t want anyone to see what the outside world has to offer. Orion reveals to Elita-1 that they have found the “Matrix of Leadership,” which is the reason why they want to uncover more of what the leaders of Cybertron are hiding. The footage then ends when we see the group try to escape from the monstrous force on the planet’s surface. There were also other significant bits of footage shown, like D-16 molding the first-ever Decepticon emblem from lava. The 3D animation is incredibly vibrant and sleek, with loads of color and fantastical designs on full display. Cybertron is full of other kinds of cybernetic creatures and landscapes, which all look gorgeous in this film’s animation style.

Transformers One looks like no other film from the series, even the iconic animated from the ’80s. Fans will be happy to know that Chris Hemsworth is almost unrecognizable as Orion, aka Optimus. It’s hard to tell that he’s voicing the role. Meanwhile, Keegan-Michael Key brings his comedic charm to B-127 and Scarlett Johansson brings strong resilience to Elita-1’s voice. Brian Tyree Henry, however, sounds the most exciting as the soon-to-be Megatron as he goes from sounding like a loveable brother to Optimus to a suspicious adversary on a dime. Their robot designs, which borrow various elements from the classic ’80s cartoon, the Transformers: Animated series from the late 2010s, and the fan-favorite War for Cybertron video games, all match perfectly with the respective voice actors.

TF: One trailer spoilers from io9 writeup
    Transformers One looks like no other film from the series, even the iconic animated from the ’80s. Fans will be happy to know that Chris Hemsworth is almost unrecognizable as Orion, aka Optimus. It’s hard to tell that he’s voicing the role. Meanwhile, Keegan-Michael Key brings his comedic charm to B-127 and Scarlett Johansson brings strong resilience to Elita-1’s voice. Brian Tyree Henry, however, sounds the most exciting as the soon-to-be Megatron as he goes from sounding like a loveable brother to Optimus to a suspicious adversary on a dime. Their robot designs, which borrow various elements from the classic ’80s cartoon, the Transformers: Animated series from the late 2010s, and the fan-favorite War for Cybertron video games, all match perfectly with the respective voice actors.

As a massive fan of Transformers: The Movie, few films on the upcoming calendar fill me with as much excitement as Transformers One. Directed by Josh Cooley (Toy Story 4), the first animated theatrical Transformers film since that 1986 masterpiece is coming September 13 and, at CinemaCon, Paramount revealed footage for the first time ever.

The film is entirely set on Cybertron and tells the story of how the two most famous Transformers, Optimus Prime and Megatron, went from best friends to mortal enemies. Chris Hemsworth and Brian Tyree Henry provide the voices of Prime and Megatron, only they’re not called that at the start. They’re called Orion Pax and D-16, respectively. Filling out the cast are Scarlett Johansson as Elita-1, Keegan-Michael Key as B-127 (who’ll become Bumblebee), as well as Steve Buscemi, Laurence Fishburne, and Jon Hamm.

So how did it look? I have to say, I was disappointed on multiple levels. The CG animation looks more familiar than not—just the kind of basic “robots running around” you instantly picture when I say that. The tone seemed aimed at a very, very young audience. And any hints of this promised feud and betrayal are completely missing. Obviously, Transformers is based on toys so, at its core, it’s a kid franchise. But after decades of violent, live-action movies and rewatches of the dark animated original, it has, at least by reputation, developed a slightly more serious tone. Not totally serious, but a balance of humor with gravitas. Transformers One, at least based on this first footage, isn’t that.

We meet Prime and Megatron as young, lowly worker robots that don’t have the ability to transform. They fool around, fight, and act like teenage brothers. Also, it’s important to note they don’t look like the characters we know and love. They’re almost like a base-model robot without any upgrades. They don’t even have faceplates, so each character has a full face: eyes, nose, mouth. Aesthetically speaking, this was, as they say, a choice.

After messing around in the depths of the planet, an epic journey takes the friends to the forbidden surface of Cybertron, which is off-limits and deadly. Eventually, we see them get the ability to transform but it’s not something that happens instantly. The footage shows the characters attempting to figure out how to use their powers and bungling them a lot. Prime tries to do it but then only hides his head. Bee becomes a car, but can’t figure out the wheels so he falls down a cliff as he screams about not having wheels.

Later, a big villain emerges and the group decides to use their newfound powers to stop him. But they still don’t have the hang of it and act all shocked and surprised as they develop things like laser hands or face shields.

Basically, the whole thing looks like a bunch of dumb kids who slowly begin to grow up and learn responsibility, and they’ll make a lot of mistakes along the way. One assumes, since we know the film is building to a lifelong rivalry between the main characters, things do eventually shift. But there was very, very little sense of that in the footage.

Even an extended scene in 3D, which 100% added to the experience, was more humor-focused than action-focused. The action seemed to occur just so the characters could fumble their way through it in ways that were more funny than exciting.

So yeah, Transformers One might not be the spiritual followup to Transformers: The Movie we hoped it would be. Or, maybe it will be, once we see more of it. What was absolutely clear from the footage screened though is that this Transformers is not aimed at 40-year-olds who collected the original toys and were shocked to see Optimus Prime die. It’s aimed at their 10-year-old kids who could care less about that. This is probably a smart play in the long run, but today, at CinemaCon, it was a bit of a shock.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
  15. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

She’s the one for me

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  16. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    1000035918.jpg 1000035912.jpg 1000035913.jpg
    Who let Lunar Prime be this damn good??

• Like Like x 20
  17. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

That's what i loved about tf vs mars attacks. Cosmos got to actually blend in somewhere at the end and was the one to turn the tide.

Best wishes for your grandad.

• Like Like x 9
  18. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Presume that bot transforms into a stapler, but I still read your text as 'a hole punch'.

• Like Like x 7
  19. number13

number13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hot Rod has to class as fairly conspicuous, I'd say. Unless you're classing him as a space-car?

• Like Like x 7
  20. Retrograde

Retrograde Well-Known Member

One shall stand. One shall fall.

1000023157-01.jpeg

And some Jetfire action.

1000023187-01.jpeg

Finally the one robot even Unicron fears. Scooter 2000

1000023185-01.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 15