The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's a shop in Swansea called The Comix Shoppe. They don't have an e-commerce store and only tend to stock the 2000AD figures. I'm pretty sure they are £28.99, he had Mean Machine Angel when I was in there on the weekend.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Apart from Flame Convoy, Ligerjack, Fang Wolf, Dino Shout, Saidos, and Terashaver, of course.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok I understand now, that wasn't at all clear and I wouldn't ever assume that someone working for Hasbro in 2024 knows what Universe Dirge looks like without looking it first on TF wiki. I couldn't really remember which way around the packaging thing was so it looks like it was Ramjet sold as another Skywarp then.

Inserted Tangent : [ Odd to be talking about Legions.. as with the weather improving a little I was thinking about having a sort through my Legion Class as they've not had an airing for a while and it might be nice to see some of them again. there was some really stand out ones in there like Flak for example he's pretty great, so is Legion Class Hound too ]

But yes I'd BE OK with a Skywarp repaint of Cyberscreamer so long as it is black and not purple. Even if it might put the breaks on a Siege Skywarp repaint, at least some people might sell that off in return for this new one and so lower Siege Skywarp's price on the secondary market potentially.

OK, not of immediate use as the Movie related stuff is a bit more obtainable
    The UK supplier currently can't get Hiya Toys Gi Joe (for some reason and I've been unable to find out if that is simply because much of it wasn't released yet or because they are not allowed to sell it - kinda like with some Bandai Star Wars stuff I guess).

I guess it is going to cost me much coin from Hong Kong then. But at least there is 'A' Supplier for them so that is something, I just wish it was more than one that is practical for the UK market to buy from.

I do like them enough to pay that small premium for them as they are REALLY NICE & I think they will put some new life into my old Gi Joe vehicles too.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Genetic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The UK supplier has been stocking GI Joe and there's another supplier for them too which comic shops use. I don't know who you've been talking to.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I hope they wave at me then so I can see them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Glad your furry friend is alright

Bad craic. Hope whoever scammed you has hot oil and lice poured on their arse crack.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    Has anyone spotted legacy wheeljack at forbidden?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Genetic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Or you could message me? Lmk who you've been talking to and I'll let you know who the distribution are.

• Like Like x 5
  9. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

"I sell action figures"
    "How many movies?"
    "What?"
    "You should make a movie series"
    "A toy movie series? why?"
    Screenshot_20240411_081558_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

By chance, if anyone with a titans return galvatron and one of those 3p heads, would they be willing to sell me the leftover titan master? Decided the combiner head is just too big for the body.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I enjoy their Sunstreaker kit, but it sucks that there's no way to store the gun in alt mode with the engine block attached. The Hound kit looks tempting, but considering the figure cost me £35 to begin with, I'm not sure how much more I want to spend on the guy for seats and a steering wheel. Maybe later....

Sorry to hear that. What went wrong? :( 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I should still have it. I'll have a look through my bits drawers and boxes. If I find it you can have it for nowt.

• Like Like x 6
  13. number13

number13 Well-Known Member

Really not liking the new comics at all. I don't think it's just that I've got such affection for the IDW ones, I think the new run - at the moment anyway, maybe it'll find its feet - just feels like it's desperately trying way too hard to be edgy/grim with very little in the way of levity to break the mood a bit. Coupled with not being keen on the art and especially the lettering, it's leaving me a bit cold.

Frustratingly, Lunar Prime is arriving tomorrow when there's no-one in the house - thankfully Kapow are sending it via Royal Mail rather than Evri, though, so that at least feels like it's got a better chance of not being randomly left in an entirely different building. I am excite!

• Like Like x 6
  14. Hobart Paving

I'm not a huge fan either - but I've ordered the trade and will give it a second chance. I've stopped reading it until that arrives. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood, and it'll be a different experience reading them all together with the pages physically there than my iPad screen was. Plus, I think initially my expectation, based on past comics I'd read, was that I'd love it because it was DWJ - so that doubtless coloured my reception of it.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Very much appreciated. I spotted a custom someone did where they mounted that face onto the menasor head and did funny stuff with horns. It works very well so I'm gonna do an inspired by bit with that, see if I can do it without mangling the motormaster.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Hobart Paving

I think the DX9 Mini Super Ginrai will fill my Masterforce-style needs. I’m not super-fussed about cartoon-accuracy, and it’s always more appealing in a small scale than an embiggened one to me. Plus no worries about paint when crashing it into other toys! :) 

IMG_2832.jpeg IMG_2833.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  17. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That does look really good.

Dx9 aren't messing around right now, they have grey models for two MPs (and various remoulded repaints) and stuff in Mini, too. Don't know what happened but they're definitely back with a bang!

• Like Like x 3
  18. number13

number13 Well-Known Member

I'd be so tempted to try and paint that and totally ruin it!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Hobart Paving

I actually really like the look of that Sideswipe they showed, I'll be interested to see it in colour.

They released a fully-painted version of Doubleclouder after the initial unpainted one, so that might be a pattern they repeat with all their releases? Personally I'll go for the unpainted one, as even without chipping I much prefer the feel of plastic to paint (most times). :) 

• Like Like x 5
  20. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And I thought Powerbaser looked bad! This maybe looks a bit better than Powerbaser

• Like Like x 5