The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes it's up and ready to order. Got mines in

• Like Like x 6
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

[​IMG]Street Bikers by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Junkheap = I like the differences in the tooling from Wreck-Gar so I might get Scrapheap as well if the price comes down a bit.

I've also just ordered that new Animated Prowl 'cos it's only £14.50 on Amazon at the moment and that's another bike mode for a Street Fighter figure....I'm thinking Chun Li or Cammy!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 19
  3. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Hard agree there, you've done a great job improving an already spiffy figure. Who do we think he'll be repainted as that I can most easily headcannon as not one of the seekers I already have? (Trad trio and Coneheads)
    EsG_S24XEAAtB52.jpg
    My current version is the G1 re-issue and even though he's a brick he's hard to beat!
    CTIo_zkWIAQNzK8.png

• Like Like x 12
  4. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    https://amzn.asia/d/6E5it9n

• Like Like x 4
  5. number13

number13 Well-Known Member

A Parade o' Primes

PXL_20240410_170952123.jpg

And family-photo style:

PXL_20240410_171246221-EDIT.jpg

Lunar Prime's going to look like the odd one out given the colour scheme, but Earthrise should fit right in!

• Like Like x 23
  6. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    It's good to have them altogether now.

The original in the middle, a Japanese homage on the left, and a homage to that homage on the right.
    20240410_165440.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  7. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Suki's back from the vet - 'three or four' teeth became twenty-three once the x-ray's were done (probably as a result of the cat 'flu she got when she turned up at a colony on a farm looking for help - she was a feral six-month-old with five kittens). She's recovering now, and in a few days she'll feel better than she has for ages now they're out. Cat 'flu is a fucker - it killed two of her kittens, left her with breathing problems, and even Kenzo who seems fine gets flare-ups every now and again.

Touched up Prime Rumble's head with some black paint - spot of varnish to match the gloss and it'll look as good as new!

Hmm. Universe Ramjet might be the best bet for that?

LOCtoy-Ramjet.png

Glorious!

• Like Like x 18
  8. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

• Like Like x 9
  9. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone put the wings on the legs on insta asking mark/markclonus about dirge and his reply was a flat out "no skywarp"

zhuxd7yf07rc1.jpeg

Latest xmen 97 did not disappoint. Using material from my favourite run of xmen!

• Like Like x 11
  10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skywarp was a Thundercracker repaint in purple for that line.

Wasn't the Legion class sold as in Skywarp Colours in Ramjet Packaging too. The small Ramjet is a nice colour though I'd not mind that or Novastorm in that mould... I think it is a better idea to make a character that DOES NOT have a Voyager already though.
    So no Dirge and no Thrust (since Starscream was clearly Thrust).

Oh and say Novastorm as I consider Sunstorm to be Orange and Novastorm to be a better pick for a yellow toy.

-------------------

As for the question of if Prime Wars was any good.

Honestly I don't know.

• Like Like x 6
  11. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    I'm aware however that's straight from the horses mouth and Skywarp was also an sdcc exclusive Legion starscream repaint.

Cybertron_Legends_Skywarp.jpg
    Skywarp (Armada) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 8
  12. Hobart Paving

Yep, Legends of Cybertron Skywarp was an SDCC '05 exclusive, and Ramjet was a BotCon '05 exclusive - both were repaints of LoC Starscream.

Retail-wise Legends of Cybertron had Sunstorm as a Starscream repaint (Thundercracker was his own mould).

Takara's EZ Collection had their own version of Starscream, plus a clear version as part of a box-set.

Later Universe would include Thrust and Ramjet (with red instead of blue) in a box-set (both LoC Starscream repaints) - and more repaints would be used for Dark of the Moon Cybertronian Starscream and War for Cybertron promotional Starscream.

I may not know too much about Transformers, but I know that figure! :) 

• Like Like x 11
  13. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
  14. Moabanger

Moabanger Well-Known Member

Bad News - I got scammed today :c Good News - picked up my copy of Skybound issue 7 and MMPR : The Return issue 2 and 3!!!! :D 

• Like Like x 7
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anyone else suddenly having a very small number of thread titles display per page ?

Indeed I mentioned him in the post you quoted.. that is the crux of what I was saying.. that I am happy to see the ones that only existed in the small size be given a bigger toy but if Skywarp is off the table (maybe they are doing a reissue of the Siege one instead ?) then a Ramjet would be OK too.

If they wanted to really blow people's mind they could sell the weird one with yellow accents as a "Videogame" tie in.

I vaguely recall that Skywarp and Ramjet had the same instruction sheet so he's Skywarp as we say he is more than what is on the packet.

I only brought it in case of the situation were they decided they wanted update Thundercracker and wanted to leave themselves somewhere to go with the repaints.

It is easily solved by just attributing that Skywarp to a different Universal Origin.

This did remind me though.. in case people forgot there is some VERY STRANGE stuff in the background of Armada episodes they could legit farm if they wanted too. Much as there is a whole planet of beasts in TF Cybertron that never got any toy love either and some of them even had speaking parts... much as was the case with Nu-RID some things just got no toy love or very little at the time. Even speaking characters

• Like Like x 5
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Plus they gotta keep their pal, Thew, hooked up for 'Warp! :p 

After Sandy's Decapification yesterday, todays tweaks have been a bit less involved and stressful - I've needle-filed the two back ports of his engine block section as they were way too tight, and stressing from Sandrail mode, then gave the part a wee steam to de-stress it.
    I've decided on the "chip away" technique for the rest of his tweaks continuing with pincapping & other clear construction parts blending with paint by going a single colour at a time in each single mode, though I did cheat that a bit by beginning the buggy mode once-over with silver-capping his wheel pincaps before doing black area touch ups only this afternoon.
    As well as blending out his front bonnet section, and getting rid of the side window pins, I needed to touch up some minor misses on the heel detail apps, and I'd already decided I was gonna paint his orange landing gear wheels because they are small landing tyres on the chopper anyway, and now, as I suspected, they just disappear into the undershadow!

I won't argue that it isn't compromised but my affection for this mode is steadily increasing, sure it's something of a janky jalopy but it looks like an actual Sandrail with the forward leaning look giving him the feel an angry snarl in the form of a desert-running car, this thing is AGGRO!
    Forget pacific peacenik Paradronian, this thing's gone full commando - I can totally see this monster charging out of the desert night, guns blazing, into an unsuspecting Decepticon encampment, engine roaring into full throttle, with a not quite as heavy as the Tumbler growl (I'm hearing something like engine noise meets lion roar), after he's rolled up silent running until striking distance to flip his headlights, gun the throttle, and start blasting!

He's a Shoo-in for my best figures of the Year list!
    I will be suckered into buying him again for "handsome face"!

• Like Like x 10
  17. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Finished my eel backpack, its not perfect but it will do until I can get a 3D printed one or Hasbro pull their dick out of their arse and do a proper Retro figure with the correct backpack, gun and flippers:

[​IMG]2024-04-10_09-45-11 by Martyn Lesbirel, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
  18. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 9
  19. Hobart Paving

That’s better!

IMG_2830.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  20. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    You did however you also went on a tangent about ramjet packaging and circled back to ramjet and reffered to skywarp as "off the table" so I think you've missed the context there much as its interesting botcon ramjet came with sdcc skywarp instructions . Mark doesn't mean "no skywarp" as in they aren't doing skywarp he mean no..... Skywarp! as in not dirge as the person suggested but skywarp is instead the intended repaint.

That being said a ramjet down the line to go with the old generations dirge version and close to thrust coloured cybertron screamer you mentioned would be a nice release none the less.
    reduced-galery_image_724_1338.jpg

• Like Like x 11