The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

In reference to the MP Coneheads I thought I would share a very simple mod I did recently :) 
    [​IMG]

Just a little bit of black paint to the nosecone really improves them! :cool: 
    I was a little nervous to paint such a pricey item at first but I figured as it was purely black I should be ok. I still need to do the other 2. Also I put on the Reprolabels.

2. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Nice one on the grandus. I have DAG base somewhere, which was the brave version. I do like my bricks!

Have any FOC voyagers been sighted in this country, wouldn't mind blaster, as MP soundwave has made me decide i don't need anothervone of him! Also anyone with quakewave got buyers remorse?

3. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aye, rare Japanese only TF and you're not wrong but still kind of groovy! Still fascinated by and jealous of Erector's new purchase. Always wanted the Galaxy Shuttle over Grandus but it's another cool G1 base. Brick? You bet :lol 

Edit: Azrail? The black nose cone makes it. :thumb 

4. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah the same thing happened to Maz with Joustra. There were a few of us interested in them 10 years ago and they were pretty cheap cause people only collected Japanese Diaclone. Even as recently as 2 years ago Joustra was pretty affordable until Maz started doing the articles for TFSource and then loads of other people jumped on board. 2 years ago I bought a MIB Joustra Trailbreaker for £150 and then last year sold it for £400.

5. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Quick question guys, is Trypticon black or darkgrey? Is there toy versions in both or is that me seeing things from the online photos. In the show, scramble city he's black i think.

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yup makes a big difference, looking good! That's the first thing I did to my 3 before sticking them in display.

7. Genetic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    He's dark grey.

8. mcluskyism

mcluskyism Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Break it up rather than sell as one lot. Issue #1 is the only one you'll get decent coin for, but I recommend selling #1-10 separately, then the rest in batches of 5 or 10 issues up to #300. Then try #300+ separately, as the last few should net a little bit more too. Sometimes the issues with free gifts still attached will go for a bit more, but depends on the gift.

Classics UK is reprinting all the UK exclusive stories, essentially in publication order, including the annuals and inserts [Special Teams 3 page thingy for example]. First time some bits have ever been reprinted [Raiders of the Last Ark, annual text stories!]. Also shows you the free gifts that came with issues, and a chunk of background info and story introductions from creators which is the real draw. Currently on volume 3, with #4 due in April which will take you up to #145, including the Action Force crossover. Planned to be 8 volumes in total.

If you want the Marvel US stuff, the current IDW Classics volumes are ok, but have their problems. They tried to correct some colouring and text mistakes, but have made it worse in places. Also doesn't reprint the Headmasters mini-series in the correct place [between #37 & 38], instead it'll be in volume 6 after they've done #1-80. The Titan books are better if you just want the stories, but the IDW ones should also be reprinting the Universe entries which is a plus for me. Not sure if that'll be in the last volume [presumably 6] or in its own book.

9. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Thanks Genetic, i'm working on a little creative exercise/endeavor which i'll hopefully reveal in good time when completed. I think i'm leaning towards black as a representation colour as it's more show accurate and more menacing.

10. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    All this talk of Breaking Bad only highlights how much I want the next few months to go away so I can watch the end of that wonderful show, and then get the MP Datsuns. After MP16 is released in a week or so, I actually have no transformers to buy until August. Not sure what I'll do!

11. Genetic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hexatron

12. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're selling, i'm buying. Let me know!

Also, re: Breaking Bad, I followed a car on the M1 link road Wednesday that had a Heisenberg sticker in the back window (in the style of Carlsberg). I thought that was a brilliant reference to one of my favourite shows, and I got right up his arse to have a better look. Turned out to be something to do with a chef, and not BB related at all. True story.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

PM'd you dude.

14. tarikq

tarikq Well-Known Member

My COD emblem
    [​IMG]

15. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Nnnnnnnnngggggghhhhhhhhhh. Maybe. Must resist...

16. Genetic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You know it makes sense.

Attached Files:

17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Oddly, Hexatron does absolutely nothing for me.

18. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here, just can't get excited about Hexatron.

Man, that is bad all round. The Joustra stuff is really interesting and any pre-Tf history is gold-dust but what a kicker that through a desire to educate and show an interesting less well-known side to Tf colecting, it has come back to bite you both. Sad to hear but at the same time thrilled that the info was shared. As for the Trailbreaker that is a ridiculous increase in price, really glad that Joustra interests me but have no burning desire to own the toys - phew!

Edit: Has anyone seen the new images of MP Prowl? They have fixed the mangled English (or photoshopped it)- no more Patorol!

19. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Late to the party, but yeah, anybody feel free to do what they like with Shitbot.

Shitbot is not a possession, it is not a trademark, it is not even intellectual property. It is a thing for all the world.

Once this week is done, I'll have time to draw more / breath in and out / etc.

Could try knocking up one for AA ID t-shirts. (Ironically, I won't make it to AA, yet again, but it's a legitimate thing this year rather than me being lazy.)

20. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay, Shitbot to take over the world!