The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Ah, I got my Junkions in a muddle!
    Crashbar's chest implies a potential rehead/reuse as Road Pig, and it's been mooted might serve as Axor's motorcycle if we get a 2-pack.
    I'm still hoping there's an alt. Junkion head for him at some point.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ratchet101

Ratchet101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both would be nice.

Roadpig and a dirtbag redeco could make a nice G2 eye burning combiner.

• Like Like x 5
  3. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find these reveals ever more underwhelming. I'm not sure if this is a sign of aging, hype-avoidance, or the fact that unless Hasbro are giving me Headmasters or later G1/G1.5 I'm just not that interested. Anyway, there are of course a few I'll pickup: Bludgeon, Detritus, Bombshell (although that head is janky and if I wasn't already in on the deluxe-sized insecticons, I'd stick with the old legends sized one) and maybe Trashmaster.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Well, now, Kapow currently have Scraphook at a rather amenable £15.95, so a pair of him and a classified Zarana for less than getting all three in the Power Day Sale will do me!
    Now whether to bide my time in case I can pick up a cutprice couple of Crashbars for my nefarious purposes, or settle for the current Smyths best of £19.99?

EDIT: Jiminy Jillikers!?! I did a quick half-hearted Ebay search and happened across Hobby Ultra's listing of Crashbar for £14.99 a piece with £3.45 postage, I've taken the punt because why not but I'll believe it when I see it as they have a few recent TF Legacy figures at some stonkingly ridiculous prices - Legacy Twincast at £26.64 including postage?
    I'm crossing my Fings!
    If successful Junkion shenanigans will ensue!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  5. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

It seems I'll have to get the new Junkion, as I picked up Crashbar and Scraphook recently and enjoyed them.

I missed out on Prowl and Ironhide previously and part of me finds this appealing, although I'll need to get some yellow eyes!

Volvo Prime may also be on my list as I have Holiday Prime and he's actually a decent transformation for me. A shame my copy came missing a wing mirror.

I also love the alt-mode of SS Mirage, a licenced porker definitely appeals, but I'm concerned I might want it to be Jazz too much. I've not seen the film and rarely venture into the film figures save for a few exceptions like Evasion Prime, since my original splurge back in 2007. (Most of which are re-boxed, packed and stored until I can move them on).

Finally, I want just the Quintesson From the troop pack, but don't want to waste 3 figures!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Same little toyshop that I recently posted about the RotB window display and competition leaflets gave me this nice little A3-ish sized poster.
    RotBposter1.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  7. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

I have no idea if Transformers have arses, but if they do Overlord has definitely shoved at least one robot up his.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Okay, reveals. Nice to see random promo shots pop up on instagram on my way back from work, completely zoned out there was an event today.

ROTB SS Primal---big, fat yes. He manages the beefy gorilla and slim bot better than the other versions. Little bit unsure why there's so much plastic wasted on a chain link that wasn't in the movie.
    ROBT Mirage---very strong possibility of yes, especially if the head is changed further.

All the rest are big passes with the exception of Dreadwing. Strongarm looks really poor, Bludgeon looks like a KO Tarn. Legends 3 pack is fun but 35 quid for 2 legends and a box with about 5 parts? Nah, thanks. That level of money nets you a single fully painted 3p legends,

• Like Like x 5
  9. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I’ll maybe pick up Shadow Striker. The rest are snoozefest for me.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Detritus as he’s a merc and a Con, probably Shadow Striker, otherwise it’s a whole lot of Autobots, not sure I prefer that Bludgeon enough to the HFTF version I have already but still a nice set of bots, Primal looks great just wrong faction

• Like Like x 5
  11. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

That’s pretty damn good…… 2FD52420-10CE-4663-8AFC-FA02BE0B745C.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  12. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

News Credits:
    Okay, so today's stream. Brain dump imminent:

SS ROTB Mirage - alright looking Porsche but a pass.
    SS ROTB Munky - was a bit excited for this but felt deflated; those legs in munky mode and those calves in robot mode, bother me.
    BB SS 86 dead bots - on order already, kinda had to, eh?
    BB Legacy Troop Builder pack - I only want the Quintesson trooper, someone please sell me theirs if not wanted, don't make me buy the full set.
    Legacy Bombshell - yes!
    Legacy Bludgeon - probably yes!
    Everything else - meh or just not for me.

I bought the first two Junkeons, Crashbar and Scraphook. I'm not down for the full set. Will be selling these guys, let me know if interested.

Hope you saw something you liked.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Ooooh, there's my boy. SS primal looking pretty swish!

• Like Like x 7
  14. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    SS Primal is really impressive! Is he leader class? Not seen anything like those weapons before, I'm well excited!
    I've managed to avoid buying any of the Maximals so far but i may go all in.

Mirage's bot mode is a bit of a disappointment if I'm honest, perhaps my expectations were too hight at generations, maybe these designs will work better as MPs? Here's hoping Yolopark announce a mirage and Arcee soon.

I really wish Bludgeon was a retool of anyone but Tarn (or Jihaxus). It's a great body type, but used for both "comic only main baddie character" is just too much. I was looking forward to a cool display with the three of them but Tarn and B will just look too similar. May chance down a different Bludgeon now.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Bombshell and begrudgingly bludgeon.
    He deserved a new figure. Makes me concerned about what we might get for Thunderwing…

• Like Like x 8
  16. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Disappointed that Bludgeon doesn't look more like , well Bludgeon, he's a character that deserves his own mold or at least retool the chest and the guns, maybe the feet, he does remind me of the Cyber verse version which isn't a bad thing. Maybe he'll work as an early/Cybertronian Bludgeon, ROFT Bludgeon with the upgrade kit is still main , which isn't a bad thing, but would have been fun to see robo metal cover samurai, as opposed to Tarn with Sunday dinner colour scheme.

Strongarm should be broader, the Minerva mold is just way too narrow for her and she kinda looks like someone's cosplaying as her rather than being her.. Bombshell will be bought he's my favourite and the best Insecticon, but wasn't much of a reveal since someone on you tube "acquired" him early so spoilers I guess..

• Like Like x 6
  17. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    One of the sets I'm really hyped to get is Sora's Bike Mech :D  as for prices, eh, they tend to come down well enough on various sites if you wait so it's all good.
    As for Markets... it does appeal, but I need to sort out my room to have somewhere to put it. And that's with me also still wanting to get Gardens which I imagine will almost certainly be retired at the end of the year if not start of next!

I just finished Dragons Rising earlier. No spoilers but I am looking forward to more. They've certainly shaken things up and it has a different tone, but I still love it as Ninjago :) 

Have they ever really had like Optimus' trailer be a transformer? Only thing I can think of from perusing the wiki in the past is Unicron Trilogy I think had someone who was a very weird looking trailer who was basically just parts for Optimus' super mode. I'm talking one that transforms into an actual more traditional trailer but with a robot mode.

And now you've got me thinking that as well as those lips he has a very shapely bottom.

I still wonder if they'll retool Jhiaxus into Thunderwing.

• Like Like x 13
  18. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

I mean they don't call him Overlord for nothing... Heh.

Would love a commander class Thunderwing but maybe they will do that, and then a Black Shadow too most likely

Oh and a third company did a Roller that turns into a robot but don't think they've done it for his trailer

• Like Like x 8
  19. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

Is there anyone else who is being taunted by the SSGE's to want the Planet X Dinos?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Current mood:

• Like Like x 6