The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    That'll do, pig.
    Until tesco gets that creator car...
    20230211_103659.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Orbital rock! Might put them on when I get back from the offie (it's my mate's birthday but the useless MP collector won't come out 'til 6PM, I mean come on bruv, it is the weekend!)

• Like Like x 6
  3. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

I am pretty old…. Way past vintage myself

• Like Like x 6
  4. Vertex

News Credits:
    Eh..? **puts ear trumpet to head** What's...that...you...say, young...laddie....you....saw....vintage....G1....yourself....

Oh hi hi hi hi hi **coughs for 35 minutes, neighbours bring sidecar** oh my eye

You...saw....G1! On...a...shelf! **high strange piping noise issues from mouth, summons Yog-Sothoth**

• Like Like x 8
  5. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want extra copies of Needlenose's Targetmasters to repaint to give to Spinister and TR Quake!

*Don't suppose anyone doesn't want theirs who got Needlenose? :lol 

*Half serious question

I really need to start a selling thread as I have quite a bit I need to get gone. Anyone interested in a complete reissue MMC Carnifex with very mild paint customisation (screwholes painted and 1 face painted white pretty much) or MMC Kultur again with similar paint customisation. MMC Spartan to go as well in the same vein.

Also have a couple of other 3rd party stuff that will have to be sold dirt cheap as I've actually modded them with a knife/file in various ways. May even be tempted to sell my TR Trypticon as I have no space for him in my current geek room and he's literally been in a box for the past few years, but I love him so as he was my first titan!

Edit: also have all 4 Earthrise Scorponok shoulder cannons from DNA as I preferred the stock ones he came with, I'd probably be willing to sell or trade for 2 more Scorpy cannons.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Vertex

News Credits:
    In my current place I have room for one Titan at a time!

Don't sell Trypti, he can live under the bed for decades if he has to, he is one of the best toys.

Only T30 Metroplex is better, and then only with the UT kit.

Keep your city dinosaur! I sold all my MMC besides the Queens, it's fantastic we got a modern townzilla at all, don't chuck him! :) :cool: :) 

• Like Like x 5
  7. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

I know that shop from the telly! YouTube counts as telly, right?

If anyone hasn’t seen this, by the way, worth a watch - they have a look at the collection of someone else I know from the telly. Well, the bit of his collection that’s in his office. Microman aplenty…

• Like Like x 14
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Anybody need this? Priced wrong lol

20230211_115630.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. Vertex

News Credits:
    He has MP-1 too I'm told. Several of my ol' chinas are on the telly now. You'll know some of them! Nobody told me that would be a thing. Or that TFs would still exist either. We chose wisely....didn't we?

• Like Like x 7
  10. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Only just got around to opening mine. Rocksteady has barely a mark on it, but Metalhead looked pretty squished and had ominous rattling coming from inside… but even though the front window is cracked, it was just a hand that’d come loose, and everything is fine.
    I’d heard not so great things about the QC on these two, but both of mine seem fine, plus they’re pretty fun and deffo feel worth this price. Not quite enough to keep getting more, though!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Lil birthday treat for myself from TK Maxx.

IMG_20230211_092700.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    And now for the CORRECT :bday , not misled by Haribo! All the best!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Vertex

News Credits:
    What, is @Lothar Hex still alive? Goddammit Rodimus I gave you all the shanix.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Hobart Paving

il_570xN.2889117202_t421.png

• Like Like x 11
  15. Vertex

News Credits:
    Slut.

ObTF: Skids, and he knows it. :) 

Edit: also flatmate solved quantum while [deleted] and also [deleted] and at the same ti-- [deleted]

I swear it's actually proof that the [deleted] is [deleted] which I figure means [you need more booze and so do I]

Sitting here since the [confirm your cookies] times, playing with old toys....

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  16. USSCrazybat

USSCrazybat I beg, just a crumb of Sunstorm

Where's good for TF in Central London besides FP? I'm over for a match and I have a free day tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last year I sold a bunch of liked-but-not-loved TFs to fellow forumites. It was worth it, as the money/swapsie power got me two grail items (Siege Omega Supreme and MMC Kultur)... I will probably end up rebuying most of them - already started by reacquiring the ER Runabros - and now thinking of rebuying Dreadwind and Blackwing from POTP. Buuut do I seek out those versions? Or sit tight on the grounds that, in a year or two, we might see new versions (either giving me new toys to buy, or driving down the cost of the old toys)?

Lots of you are better than me at looking at a mould and saying "this could be partialled into X". I know the character names aren't in any of the leaks, but are there any clues on existing toy tooling that might point to their reappearance down the line?

@Lockdown91 - I could be persuaded to part with Legacy Needlenose's little gunny friends, though I've no idea on price. £8 all in? (i.e. including postage and fees)

• Like Like x 7
  18. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Just been to the local smyths - Tarn and Lio are both in now, and the tf section remains much smaller than it once was, and with nothing pre-legacy, and in fact I think only the most recent wave(s?).
    Two Tarns but both with pretty shoddy paint jobs so I left them, and enough Lio that I feel no need to rush.

I’ve now got Dragstrip, Deadend and Wildrider on the way to go with Game Menasor, so picked up a Breakdown (of the 12 there, it’s about 2/3 that had crappy paint jobs…).

He’s… ok? That backpack is pretty bad, and he just barely stays together in alt, but it completes the set, so that’s… something. Doesn’t really feel like £25 worth of toy (especially when the XTB toy version is only £20 or so more…) but it could be worse.

Banzai and Bomb got here on Wednesday from @Genetic, but I’ve only just opened them up (nicely packed etc).

They are… definitely a mixed bag. Pretty crap articulation, and that rubbery build others have mentioned, but the sculpts have a certain something about them such that even with the limited articulation, they look pretty dynamic. Plus silly colours. It’s a shame the RED line couldn’t have done more interesting bots like this at that price-point.

Razor-sharp is bafflingly lazy, especially given the RRP on these. Just do not understand why they wouldn’t just put a little bit of extra effort in there, and when you compare it to the bundle of bits you get with Metalhead it really feels a bit stingy. Neither of these have enough of an ab crunch that you’d miss it if it were left out, so cut that, and make Razor-sharp a bit less naff.

And to really rub it in, Needler has an articulated head! Plus looks a lot like an MST3k nanite

920831CA-AA04-47DA-803E-C76284E19E61.jpeg

So, yeah. Mixed bag, but worth what I paid for me, and they’ll definitely be sticking around for the foreseeable.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Hobart Paving

From Transformers 2010, episode 7, "Starscream's Ghost".

IMG_1387.jpg

"You absolute c***."

• Like Like x 17
  20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, boxes on mine were damaged but everything was intact. Apart from slightly but not critically loose legs, all good. I laughed at Forbidden Planet trying to sell recent ones for £80 like the internet doesn't exist.

• Like Like x 5