The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

I'm sticking with Mr Bennett.

"And then mother demanded another custard cream, but all I had left were some terribly wilting Garibaldis. She gave me a look that encapsulated all the disappointment I'd ever caused her, and there was more than a little stored in that particular closet. She still took a biscuit. I'm from Leeds, y'know. Glory to the Decepticon Empire."

yc6eb8r9shv51.png

Soundblaster can fit two cassettes into his robo-tits.

• Like Like x 13
  2. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Matalhawk looks a lot like the sort of cheap KO you'd find in B&M/Poundland etc. Cheap, bright plastics, and enough of a marginal remould to get by legally. On that basis I'd be all in.... but this this going to be way more expensive than it's worth, I suspect.
    So... I guess I'll wait for clearance... Like with basically everything now...

• Like Like x 11
  3. Hxssanm

Hxssanm Well-Known Member

tbh same here but that’s gonna be for most of the next waves for me cause it’s just cheaper especially being on a budget

• Like Like x 5
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep me too, I might buy Hound when he comes out as I wanna play with him, but otherwise Like with Hotshot he can sit and wait until he's a bit cheaper so long as it looks like the stock is reasonable on him.

Sometimes I just don't buy something "yet" as I can't be bothered chasing it which is why I don't have Inferno, Armada Starscream and SS-86 Ironhide yet.

But to be honest I'd rather spend my money on stuff I know I'll play with and I have a lot of catch up to do on upgrade kits anyway so by the time i've waded through those some more stuff might be cheaper.

Some traditional Diaclone enabling ;

• Like Like x 7
  5. Hobart Paving

Bill Oddie's least favourite Autobot.

IMG_1320.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

If you're selling peru kill accessories, any chance you'd be interested in selling the seed?

• Like Like x 5
  7. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Used to see golden eagles flying over the forest from my office window, now it's seagulls. Much more dangerous!

Good morning Thredibreks, still want urban Beastformers. And Super Seagull Killer as an adversary.

sekrobotmode.jpg sekrobotmode.jpg sekrobotmode.jpg sekrobotmode.jpg

:lol  And just as useful as drinking mercury they are too.

Oooh, face sculpt! Who is this handsome chap?

Yes, they do! Would very much like new Mini-Cons, 2 POA would do, they could be almost as simple as Pointblank's targetmaster gun and it would be fine, although in that case they'd have to be a multi-pack.

Jolt, Swindle, Sparkplug, etc...the ones that came with larger toys. Good way for Hasbro to tease future offerings!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thread's already peaked today.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Hobart Paving

Squirreltron vs. Super Seagull Killer box-set. I'd buy it. No, seriously, I would buy that.

I've absented myself from the Super variants of the Car Roboys. Much like the promotional clear versions of the Animated Legends, I suspect that way madness lies...

• Like Like x 5
  10. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Heading to work later than usual today due to super-long day yesterday, grabbed the shirt from the top of the pile...

Super Patriotic Tee.jpg

...it was the last survivor of my patriotic tees from the K-mart! Bit faded but clearly an omen. So where's my Squirreltron, Hasbro? Super Seagull Killer is waiting.

• Like Like x 8
  11. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    @Orion Ghia I really enjoyed the Furman interview. I particularly oved hearing about the very early years (year?) of the comic, the relationship with 2000ad, and his thoughts about how 'modern' the TF:UK was. I've been going through old issues of 2000ad and I was really struck by how old fashioned it feels until you get to around the 350-400 mark. The stuff about how obscure the cartoon was to UK kids of a certain age (I'm 44 too) really resonated. Great job! I'm really looking forward to listening to whoever comes next.

I'm underwhelmed by Metalhawk. This may be a pass. I'm also wondering where the budget is going. Of the 7 Voyagers we've got listings for, 4 of them are redos, and we're only getting 2 new Leaders. Compare this to Legacy, a line with 3 waves compared to Evolutions 4, a line where we got 5 new Voyagers molds, and 3 new Leaders. Yikes!

If it helps, that's always been my view. I also have Yaphet Koto as Overlord, and Patrick McGoohan as Megatron. I could go on.

"At least let me see your face."
    From MTMTE#51 'The Sun in Flight'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  12. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Which Furman interview was that? Have I missed a post somewhere?

• Like Like x 2
  13. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

@Orion Ghia interviewed Simon Furman for his aargh! My optics! Podcast…

• Like Like x 8
  14. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Well, I'd say you ninja'd me on the Evri joke, but I only came to it this morning. Also you joke about SS86 Blaster, but it may as well be seeing into the future. Especially as we don't have his special cardboard background scene yet!!!

I'm happy to sell my seed, everyone. The kids will be very cute but it'll all start going downhill from about age 30. You don't want to see 41.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Deciding to be more discerning with my purchases this year is smacking my new bot buying dopamine addiction in the face...which was the point of trying to do this.

Does mean I can revisit some lovely weird classics though.

IMG_20230131_100310.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  16. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    FAFBF29C-F28F-4616-91E8-142B2EFF617D.jpeg
    Mini Tyranny.

• Like Like x 15
  17. Hobart Paving

Lovely shot. Got my boys down off the shelf to show them. They approve.

IMG_1322.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well then gentlemen, it's the 31st of January, we've all made it to the end of the longest month and while Hasbro has a little treat for us later the real prize is of course the inaugural edition of...

Altar

of

Acquisition!

Quark,_2381.jpg

So, let's see what you've acquired!

IMG_20230131_103535.jpg

A strong start to my year, despite initial projections that pointed to a fallow period with the Diaclone set being the only guaranteed acquisition
    but a bountiful benevolent bargain bonanza has seen me acquiring new toys throughout the month topped off by the super lucky find of the last blind box MGS figure I was looking for.
    I also brought a Gauntlet 'fighter' which is, ok.

Highlight: Gotta be the lucky find of the Grogu trooper, the shear elation of finding him just peeking through a torn open packet left on the shelf is what toy hunting dreams are made of and something we don't often get to experience here. The brilliant transformation of the Laser Prime mould would have taken it otherwise.

Lowlight: Crankcase, he's just, not good. The Gauntlet was a contender but I knew what to expect from that, Cranckcase was disappointing in hand.

Next month: What would have been one of the undisputed highlights of my entire year has been cruelly pushed to April and now I have almost no expectations for next month.
    Amazon may or may not be shipping me a dragon megs and wave two of Legacy Evo calls but no definite acquisition plans at the present.
    Probably just as well as we are on holiday next month (and getting married no less!) so I'm trying to keep it in my wallet until then.

How did you all fare in the cold dreary misery of January?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 17
  19. Hobart Paving

I can barely remember, honestly!

Too much Iron Factory stuff - KOs of Bruticus, Jetfire, and Overlord and real-boy toys of Black Shadow, Blitzwing, Sixgun, Slammer, Galvatron, Runabout, and Runamuck. Samurai Ironhide still on the way, as is a Grimlock KO that will probably be terrible as it was so cheap (and I don't even know what it's a KO of! :) ). Got the Perfect Effect Reflector three-pack, too.

Hasbro-wise my big score was picking up Kingdom Terrorsaur for £20.60. That was good. I also finally found a Netflix Nemesis Prime without the trailer and other gubbins, just with the gun, and got him from France for only a few quid more than that. Which was nice.

Core-class Slug, a few Spy Changers, two Micromasters, and a couple of Legends of Cybertron toys and that was my month. I think. I may have forgotten things I bought or added things I didn't buy in January. It was a confusing month, and way, way, too expensive! :) 

• Like Like x 7
  20. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heading to Liverpool today, what are some good places to hit up for TFs? Or anywhere nice to see in general!

• Like Like x 3