The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

upload_2023-1-26_17-0-4.png

I'm really excited by the WFC entries from that Smyths list. I wonder what classic heroes will be

• Like Like x 8
  2. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    To be fair it would probably work, he takes up a lot of room that one. Really thinks something of himself he does Commander Class Captain Modesty

• Like Like x 6
  3. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

Yep his Botropolis codpiece extension might do the trick too.

• Like Like x 6
  4. XaaronPrimus

XaaronPrimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    SO, With the arrival of SG Soundwave the other week, I decided to bust open my other SG mainline figs!

Blaster

Megs

Prime and Ratchet

I’ve never interacted with any of the moulds previously so I thought it’d be interesting as a kinda retro review of the moulds as well as the figures.

Please note AFAIK these are just redecos of moulds, no retooling.

TL;DR – The cons been done dirty bro!

Soundwave

G1 Soundwave is nigh on perfect. It’s a tape deck, it turns into a robot with a simple transformation and looks pretty toon accurate for the time. Nice and blocky in both modes but feels like a proper robot in disguise with even his weapons becoming batteries! – We’ll ignore the size/mass issue, the Cartoon always did!

Everyone clamoured to grab the Netflix version of the character and TBH I am not sure why having got this one. He’s got an extra gun for some reason, the weapons just get stuck on the messy back in Alt mode his kneecaps stick out of the side for some reason.

Transformation is alright, and the robot mould is fine – new head which is nice. But his weird under arm bits just don’t have a place on the figure at all – I understand they are from the Siege version, but that’s just lazy reuse (more on that later). He also comes with a weird add on gun, and not sure what that is all about :S
    Lazerbeak and Ravage are alright I guess. I THINK a retool of LBs head again who is defo the better of the two.

Megatron.

Oh dear, talk about Lazy Reuse. He’s still a tank , but with some plugin addons he’s kinda a space plane? I do NOT care for this mould, the ‘tank front/plane rear does not want to stick together, the head doesn’t want to click in place, he’s trying to be G1 Megs in robot mode that doesn’t suit his alt mode (grip stylings on the legs, the hammer parts on the shoulders). He can’t be both. NEITHER suits a space plane.

Also he comes with this weird Gun/Sword thing that splits apart and can pivot, but has no place in alt mode and just seems weird – I guess this is a nod to the Energon figure?

He’s much more cream, than Soundwaves White – if his discoloured it’s universally, so at least I have to assume it’s the intended colour. Not great, but That’s mostly the moulds fault – I assume it’s Siege, cos I heard the Earthrise one was better…

Blaster

Now we are getting somewhere. I CAN see why everyone liked him, and surprised he ended up reduced so much – I blame the Legacy release so close to the Kingdom one. Transformation a bit fiddlier in how the arms go in alt mode, but got there. Much cleaner back and while the weapon placement is not subtle, it is much cleaner than SWs.
    Eject was always going to be easier to pull off, and he’s a nice wee addition. I think he is much better feel than SW, so surprised he seems to have been reduced far more.

Ratchet.

OMG WHY THE BIG FEET!??!

It detracts from what is otherwise a great figure – G1 nods are there with the multipurpose sled, he looks decent in both modes but WHY are his feet so big and sticking out the back? I can only imagine it’s worse cos of the colours, but really, they could have done something to stick them in the back or cover them with the sled/roof bit. I may well have to go hunt for an upgrade kit for him cos it’s so glaring and should be so easy to fix.

Prime.

Wow

Simply Wow. This is brilliant. It’s G1 esque in all the right ways, clever transformation, fits together smoothly. Perfection. Wish I’d picked up an Earthrise or Kingdom one for my 3yo Daughter to get in a bit with the trailer cos it’s just soooo good.

Only minor quibbles are the fuel tanks in alt mode don’t like to stay out, and the ammo clip sticks up above the cab when it’s stored, but minor minor indeed.

Summary

I really don’t get how the Autobots seem to have so much better moulds than the Cons do – I don’t much like the Siege seeker mould either (mostly cos the chest panel keeps popping off in alt mode and the wings feet are a bit crap in robot) and I know the Cons can have great bots (Snapdragon, Spinister immediately leap to mind) but at least from the shattered glass variety they’re outnumbered AND been hard done by.

Now to find a Prime in proper colours...

• Like Like x 12
  5. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

News Credits:
    I’ve hugely reduced the number of pre-orders I have due to: the lunacy of the deliveries, being burned by CD, the egregious price increases.

Re windows for packaging. I prefer it and prefer a plastic (or environmentally friendly alternative that is not an aperture). Whether brick and mortar or online delivery, I want to inspect that figure before I open it. Fully enclosed Hasbro I’ve had issues with:

Kingdom Roddy
    Legacy Motormaster
    HasLab Victory Saber
    Legacy Blitzwing
    Coronation Chicken Starscream
    Legacy Metroplex
    Siege Jetfire
    Earthrise Commander Modesty
    Siege Omege Supreme
    Kingdom Ark

So, yeah. Most of the last few years product. There’s more and that’s off the top of my head.

MP is fully enclosed and so is all the 3P I’ve had. The quality has been a lot better with MP and 3P for me, therefore, less if a concern and confidence with product quality is higher.

• Like Like x 8
  6. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What would people say is a fair price to sell Legacy Menasor for? I know he's only just fully come out and I finished him only last month, but I feel its too big for my display and want to upgrade to the Magic Square figure instead. I was thinking £160 but is that too much?

• Like Like x 2
  7. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I think £160 is fair if it’s the whole set, do any of the Stunticons have any upgrade parts like gap fillers or Reprolabels? I’d tweak a bit if so.

I personally would happily go for a £200 price tag if it had upgrades and stickers if that would be what you would throw out there

• Like Like x 5
  8. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Alan Moore, 40 years ago. Sadly everyone else isn't Alan Moore...

Yeah, it's the one that lives inside "IF EX-44 City Commander Final Battle Armor". He's great. Transforms, ball-jointed head, waist swivel, ankle tilts - even light piping!

It's a quote from a song, so blame Jim Moir and Bob Mortimer! :) 

Awesome. I really want the BlackZarak version of that Scorponok.

I'd buy that. Sounds delicious.

That's rough. Hope you're as okay as you can be.

From memory, weren't all the Decepticons in that game pretty much identical black block-men with blue wheels in different places? Never finished it, to be honest, and don't really understand the love for it. Felt like a generic Gears of War clone with Transformers to me, and that's not what I'm into. Transformers: Devastation, that's much more my bag. Hope the new toys are good for everyone that likes the game, though.

• Like Like x 12
  9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    As I said, MP triple changers aren't my bag sadly. Reckon someone will grab this though, looks great.

• Like Like x 4
  10. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No add ons or anything, but I have all their instructions and Menasors box. Thanks for the advice!

• Like Like x 4
  11. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    No problem, I’m by no means a “professional” seller but if I were to sell them as they are all together anywhere between £160-£200 for all 5 and the instructions is fair I would say. If it were me personally I’d spend a bit more and get some upgrades on them as an incentive to maximise some profit but that’s me :) 

• Like Like x 4
  12. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classic Heroes is basically the continuation of Rescue Bots under a new name, featuring more classic characters like Optimus Primal and Starscream rather than the new characters from Rescue Bots. They’ve been out in the US for a while, but haven’t shown up in the UK.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Neat! Thanks also to @RoboW4rrior298 for clearing that up :) 

Looking forward to seeing what gets revealed next week, fingers crossed for Metalhawk and maybe some news on the Comic book license.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The post from SAF since no one could be bothered posting :p 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been busy with exams, but I did manage to pick up Scourge and Galaxy Shuttle from Game as well as Core Wheelje and Ratchet from Amazon.
    Scourge- the figure is quite good though the shoulders still bug me. The black, clear pink and metallic teal are gorgeous, though I will probably at some stage repaint it to be more show accurate.
    Galaxy Shuttle- he's nice. The headsculpt is great, the colours are lovely with the metallic blue really popping (the metallics on all of Legacy's exclusive sublines have been spot on). Shuttle mode is nice, train mode is allright but I'm not fussed about the uniform black. The launchpad being coloured like the rocket base is a cool touch.
    Wheelie- surprisingly good. Fairly well articulated with a satisfying transformation- just a shame the hands stick out the back of the car. Seeing as you can swap the legs between this one and and the pack in version, it demonstrates how big a difference knees could've made.
    Ratchet- he's good, rather ingenious transformation and the accessories are nice. Not much to say, it's a small Ratchet innit?
    IMG_20230125_190803.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  16. Ukmets

Ukmets Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So what's the general consensus on tarn and lio convoy? I keep looking at pictures and tell myself I don't need.

Still have MMC Chromedome and rung for sale, along with maketoys swerve with mfb. Please someone take them off my hands before ms bruticus is released.

• Like Like x 5
  17. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All this talk of DX9 Gewalt gives me a good excuse to dig out this picture again.... (I really like the toy, and always a sucker for MP triplechangers...)

triplechangers.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  18. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Honestly, not bad for £15
    Picsart_23-01-26_14-58-41-998.jpg

@Convoy you can have him for £45 ;) 

• Like Like x 14
  19. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    Don’t suppose I can tempt anyone with a complete Siege Ironhide for £20? :)  no box but comes with the rocket hammer. One of my favourite weapons from Siege.

• Like Like x 7
  20. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They're an online retailer right? How does windowless effect their sales? Man all my interactions with them have been pretty bizarre, par for the course I guess...

• Like Like x 7