The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The (IMO) Step Back towards Bayverse in the ROTB designs, and structure with the inklings of a very generic fetch quest (yet another "thrilling" global race for mysterious ancient artefacts) from the Kids Books extracts give me little confidence for the film either, it's all on the performers, crew and director to pull this one off.
    Hopefully it's the best yet but it's still a disappointment to me as Bumblebee was the perfect way to take a slower burn Iron Man-thru-Endgame build up to and epic blow out finale/high point, and please can it be the last TF film of this structure, they've managed to make both "since the dawn of time they have been among us" and "Ancient (alien?) Artefact/s of Incredible Power" yawnsome!

• Like Like x 12
  2. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

I'm almost exactly with you, apart from Super Ginrai and Powermaster Optimus Prime. :)  If it's from a Western series (comics, cartoon, et cetera) I go with the Western name/character, and with the Japanese name/character if it has a Japanese origin. It works for me, anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My phone camera is buggered (really need to get it fixed.

£45 Goldbug etc are now with me though

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  4. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Oh yes.
    IMG_20230114_113448.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  5. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

My Smyths had a butt tonne of the minifigs, but they were all on hooks next to the tills - not with the other Lego sets. I spent a fruitless 20 minutes molesting the bags to try to identify the Spaceman on 3rd January.

My local Tesco also put two boxes of them out on their toy shelves, but by the time I got to them they had been thoroughly ransacked for their Spacemen, Orcs and Falconers.

The nearest Morrisons, Asda and Sainsbury's have all been minifig free zones so far.

• Like Like x 6
  6. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Morning All,

I’m trying to work out what Xtransbots Solstick figure represents - my guess would be a targetmaster. Did they sell that with another figure or was it standalone? Any guidance or help from the group would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

@4249david - I find it comical how many collectors swoon over FT figures. It’s funny when FT are touted as nailing toon aesthetics but when they don’t their fanboys give them so much leeway or make excuses which they would crucify other figures for. We have seen it in the XTB threads where FT fanboys frequently post negative stuff about XTB but when it’s the other way, the FT blinkered lovers get all precious. I guess a bit like how there are devout defenders of Hasbro in this site even when Hasbro puts out a figure that is a POS, not a bad word is allowed to be said. I took flak for criticising Legacy Breakdown and Haslab VL for being short waisted and VS having Jeremy Beadle sized hands. I’m still a sucker as I bought all of those. Lol

Anyway, I have a number of FT figures and I think out of the 3P market their build quality is top notch. Just a pity that they currently put so much effort in blinging the figures with pearlescent paint and I’d welcome them providing better articulation instead. My most recent MP purchases clearly show how FT seem to be backpedaling in this department. XTB Ultra Magnus has far superior articulation than FT Rig and Jive. Phantasm will be no different. Outback and Brawn done by FT are the same in that area as Huffer and Jazz that they have done. All have very limited/minimal ankle movement.

I’m dithering on whether to pay the balance with Omegalock for FT Phantasm or pick up the TE figure instead. I thought TE nailed both modes pretty well. Did you have any problems with yours? Were the joints for the legs pretty loose for your copy or just a widespread thing for that figure?

@fwestivus - looking forward to more photos!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

My Creatures Collide set has just come safely! Never thought I get Goldbug let alone get him for £15.

• Like Like x 14
  8. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fantastic result. I coughed up loads for that set when it first came out and only wanted two of the four figures. Still haven’t moved on two as there were a glut of them up for sale. Will be even more now. ;) 

I tried to get this set on the cheap but no joy with Game/Sports Direct and HoF. Now they have altered the price I’m out.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

20CM tall from memory, the classes in the kids' stuff is even more of a nonsense than what just arrived for me...

• Like Like x 4
  10. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

My local Tesco had two boxes of them, so they are out there.
    I had a quick look, but the figures had all been well rummaged through already, seemed like all the most desirable ones had been snapped up.

• Like Like x 7
  11. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

How does Red Cog feel to you? I felt it was a cheaper
    Plastic compared with what was used for Cog and Aragon. Mine also has quite loose fitting legs that fall off quite easily. I love the look of him and the ridiculously long rifle that can be made, but feel like he’s a bit cheaper made than his variants.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  13. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Well my Cc set is somewhere in limbo going to game. Who knows when delivery will happen… there is no way to track delivery unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Loosecannon

My hope is that the CC set arrives in store and I can use the £5 voucher for Tonk. Would be perfect!

• Like Like x 5
  15. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It depends on what you're after. I put both side by side and looked at the toon. After that I couldn't not go with FT, articulation be damned. But I'll switch him out if TT do one...

My first-run TE one was great. I had to do the hip fix but it was simple and didn't affect the joint. Otherwise, joints were fine all round. I sold it on this very board a few weeks back, actually

• Like Like x 4
  16. Loosecannon

Is it scamming to sell the 3 remaining figures from the CC set for £15?o_O 

• Like Like x 8
  17. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TE for me all day long. Something just looks a bit off about the FT for me

• Like Like x 2
  18. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 19
  19. Contrail

Contrail Well-Known Member

I ordered him from In Demand Toys :) 

• Like Like x 3
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The notice email said 1-2 days, I suspect that refers to the usual "working days" where weekends (Sat/Sun) don't count, so I suspect the front end of next week to midweek.
    Considering that the less exclusive alt. use of Skywasp, Buzzsaw, is still listed at £17.99 on Smyths *technically* you're still selling at a discount, and thus still *technically* passing on a saving despite making a profit. Ransack is *technically* an entirely different character (with an extra head option if you include it, or the stock Kickback head if you swap it out for the better-coloured antenna - plastic beats painted in this case IMHO). Scorponok also has an extra head, and is pretty well aftermarket now as a Kingdom release. It's between you and your conscience, innit?

• Like Like x 5