The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From Transformers: The War for Cybertron#7 January 2024 ‘Ever Since My Accident’
    “I had thought that I had made the chain of command clear last time, Prowl”
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  2. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    I started it but didn’t really get into it. It was more everything else that was going on at the time. I’ll give it another shot.

I love the bit in the 2017 Power Rangers movie when they combine for the first time, then go face down as they try and coordinate. They did something similar in Cyberverse.

I would love to, but who is going to give up hours of their TFN?

• Like Like x 9
  3. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

I'm just going to gyrate my way thru TFN with the Salsa lot, in a Megatron print mankini. Happy to pose for personal pictures, all requests considered.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Two birds can be killed with one stone by combining RPGing and social drinking. I mean, seriously, does anyone really give a fuck about panels?

• Like Like x 11
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

She's ok for a tenner. Not my favourite by far but for ten, worth getting just to complete the set if there isnt anything else taking your fancy. I paid 12 for mine, and really to get free shipping. Her being the only fossilizer on my shelf helps play up the screwyness of her not being fully formed. Nice to have, but far from essential.

Lol, my lg blurr is holding the same position. And lg kup and hot rod.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    They had daleks
    20230102_165202.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  7. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

Paranoia - wow, had forgotten about that game. Blast from the past. We were more Rifts/WHFRP/40k FRP etc. haven’t rolled an actual dice in years favouring PC stuff like Never Winter Nights.

Still eyeing up Cursed City/Heroquest though, but reckon I’ll ruin the nostalgia if I actually try replying them now.

• Like Like x 10
  8. XaaronPrimus

XaaronPrimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Smyths at the Beach is your best shout TBH.there is 'Toy Town' in the Trinity centre but that will be very hit and miss if they have anything, or what it is. TK Maxx in Union Square will have their current fair (likely BW reissuess and Dragstrips).
    Game at Berryden and Bon Accord might have something in, but again, total pot luck.

With Forbidden Planet gone and the Entertainer not bothering in the end there isn't really anywhere in town for pickings - even the supermarkets are very hit and miss - Nowt in Big Tesco for example.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So futzing with Goldbug has put my mind on the next "Collide" 4-pack, and I am wondering could the mandatory 'Bee be the WFC Sports car bod with a new Animated 'Bee bonce & deco OR could it be a "Comics Universe" Goldbug in appropriated redeco (yellow Goldbug bonce with black/blue-black thighs & forearms, maybe also fists)?
    One Goldbug straight after another seems pushing it but the turnaround on Kingdom Dinobot/Maximal Grimlock/Toy Colours Maximal Dinobot does seem to show a relaxation on the cooling-off period between repaints?
    Likewise would Animated Universe 'Bee be more likely to get a fuller retooling, or even new sculpt?
    I'm kinda hoping he does get a dedicated sculpt or at least a substantial retooling as an Animated 'Bee done in the aesthetic of Legacy Animated Prowl might just serve me well as a different, modernised G1 'Bee on-shelf.

• Like Like x 8
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Ti's bloody caul today
    Picsart_23-01-02_19-37-29-941.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  11. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    So just finished a minor Xmas money splurge on discounted bots. A total of 3 figures. All of which I either owned or have owned before, technically.

SS BB Thundercracker for £24.99 cos seekers.
    Red Cog, owned the original, sold it, saw this for £17 and discovered his huge amount of guns. Bought it for tge guns plus he'll fit in better with SixGun and Slammer now.
    Legacy Voyager Soundwave for £24.49 cos I like the Siege mold but not the battledamage.

Weej.

• Like Like x 8
  13. XaaronPrimus

XaaronPrimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Amazon.co.uk : external usb floppy drive

They are pretty cheap, the most key thing is more likely how your PC/Laptop OS handles it tbh. Not sure how many people have tried it out on WIn 11 for example, as they will no doubt eventually stop producing drivers for them at some point...

As an example, the Top CHoice one has people saying both that it Does and Doesn't work on Win 10...

• Like Like x 7
  14. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Greetings Thredicines! Here's my first TF of '23. Had the original SS Voyager Prime but disliked his dull, muddy colours, then got annoyed with Prawn Megs not fitting together properly in tank mode so sold all my Studio Series figures (and then bought them all back again because I really like the Bay designs). Hence had been wanting an Optimus to lead the SS Autobots from Movies 1-3, this Buzzworthy one has nice bright colours and although the accessories are offensively cheap I knew that going in and it's nice to have a Jetwings Prime again. He is swooshable! Also I think I saw a rumour implying that Hasbro might re-release Jetfire, who is a Space Ent. Would be nice to combine the two.

20230102_202511.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  15. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I was to at some point get one flagship 3P Legends figure that'd have good articulation, look good, be reasonable value for money, and work as a standalone piece, who should I go for? Probably not near future, but as the number of figures I want dwindles, both from past lines and Legacy, I've been looking to get some neat things from outside Generations.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

[​IMG]

Thunderclash, what a guy!

• Like Like x 20
  17. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

Still feasting our souls on Fort Maximus, SG Jetfire amongst others but already eyeing up the Botroplolis set as the next purchase.

I know there was a recent deal that I missed but wondering what a decent price would be sometime in the next month or so? Any thoughts?

I’ve got someone offering a MIb ER Sky Lynx for ~£35, so that’s happening too.
    Should fit nicely our Max/Plex city set up. Colours all work well together.

• Like Like x 13
  18. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

The £20 Botropoli are long gone, and the £40 SAF ones are gone too now. If you can get one near 40 now its a good deal, but they are hitting 50 on ebay and only gonna creep up from there

• Like Like x 7
  19. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Comics might still have a set, not sure.

• Like Like x 5
  20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Pretty sure Asylum Books and Games are still going in Aberdeen, wonderful shop run by a chap called Mike who I used to chat with at Diamond retailer days, worth a look. Support indie retailers!

Meant to say, I did another 3rd Party Year in Review after having a few years off, if any of you want to head over and vote for your favourite 3P of 2022 you've still got a few days.

Third Party Year in Review 2022

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 13