The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

@MyTea Boc My deepest condolences to you and your wife. That's terrible news. Big hugs.

• Like Like x 8
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Went up to the depot this morning to enquire about Newage Grimlock and they don't have it. As I suspected the 18 digit tracking number isn't a Royal Mail one and they couldn't tell me who's it is, nor can I find out via any tracking sites so I've started the after sales process with Show Z Store to see if that will bring any joy.

Never had this with anything I've ordered from there before so a worst case scenario will ideally be a replacement being sent out or a refund if they're out of stock.

• Like Like x 7
  3. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

what's the story with Rumble and Bombburst?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like those Dungeons & Dragons (cartoon) figures but they are to expensive to buy for the small nostalgia of them.
    If they end up dumped on clearance outlets like Power Rangers and Gi Joe did, i'll bit their arm off but they are to much hastle to buy at present.
    even the wholesale price is £19.26 each.

I'll have to go check to see if Amazon cancelled my Mysterious Amazon Prime too.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    I got Bomburst a while back. He is good.

The story with Rumble is one of frustration, verbose complaints, and googling Chuck Tingle novels.

Space-Raptor-Butt-Invasion-by-Chuck-Tingle.jpg.optimal.jpg 9798693666207.jpg 51wYQJVle0L.jpg 51Cy9eGUD1L.jpg 41La9QDNo9L.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  6. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stick the number into 17track, it should identify the carrier for you

• Like Like x 6
  7. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Sorry man, that's awful, glad you've been able to be supportive and to BE supported, even a little, by us loons in this thread. Lots of internet hugs to you mate.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Oh, I mean Disney massively damaged their own brand there's no doubt about it, but Hasbro are even sinking their own franchises through sheer greed and laziness. Star Wars is merely the worst of it in that sense, but the problem itself is inherent.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FlyingKato

FlyingKato Well-Known Member

For all the hate that Disney received for their handling of the sequels, they’ve been on a great run of form since then.

We’ve have two excellent seasons of the Mandalorian, a superb ending to the animated Clone Wars, the Kenobi show we’ve waited years for, and Andor was some of the best Stars Wars we’ve ever had.

The Bad Batch and Tales of the Jedi were both well received too.

I think the only duff series we’ve had is Book of Boba Fett and that was purely because there was no way the show could ever live up to the hype that’s built around the character the last 40 years.

When it comes to the toy lines, the Black Series is still pumping out great characters, both old and new. It’s just got bogged down in repaints recently which you have to imagine is linked to budget, and like all lines, there’s the odd weird character selection - Bib Fortuna anyone?

And friends I know who collect Vintage say the line is in a great place, with some definitive versions of characters being produced - see the latest Darth Vader.

For all the doom and gloom surrounding Star Wars and Star Wars collecting, it’s in a good place that fans of some franchises could only dream of!

• Like Like x 10
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Christ, Brian, I'm so sorry to read this. That's awful and feels incredibly unfair. I hope you're all taking care of yourselves, and I'm glad this place has brightened things somewhat! Much love to you, my friend.

"Targetmasters - Attack!"
    From The Transformers: Headmasters#4 'Brothers in Armour!'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

All I get is the same info as when I click on the tracking number on my order page on Show Z Store.

It cleared customs on the 21st of November and the last update was 6 days ago that says "your parcel is at the delivery depot, we'll let you know when it's out for delivery".

Which delivery depot isn't specified and neither is the carrier, hence the problem.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

News Credits:
    @Convoy and @MyTea Boc -

I’m very sorry for the sad news, my thoughts are with you and those around you.

For anyone else experiencing loss, pain or sadness, I hope you have the support you need and wish for your situation to improve as soon as is possible/appropriate.

I ordered some Legacy Evolution deluxes from SAF earlier this week, not yet despatched (not complaining, expected a delay). Hoping for a pre-Christmas arrival because I definitely need more Transformers.

Trying to amicably resolve my 2 x HasLab VS quality issues with Pulse. I recommend phoning if you can, irrespective of whether you have a ticket raised.

Day off today, son off school sick (you wouldn’t know from looking at him). Probably going to hang out with the kids and dust some Transformers.

• Like Like x 12
  13. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    What usually happens is that it gets passed to a UK courier who assign a new tracking...who tells the Chinese courier which don't tell ShowZ. A quick message to ShowZ usually via your order page (Mike) gets a tracking number.

Bit shit yeah but it'll get to ya.

• Like Like x 6
  14. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 5
  15. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Cheers for that info, hopefully the message I sent Show Z Store earlier will set the ball rolling. Just seems weird how it's worked out as I paid for G2 Grimlock and Trans Art Rattrap after the toon one and they both arrived no problem but with all the postal upheavals in the UK it's not hard to see how things slip through the cracks.

• Like Like x 5
  16. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Fedex is amazing. It's the shittiest delivery service I ever experienced, even a newspaper boat would be better.
    "Package out for delivery"
    "Delivery not attempted"
    WTF?

• Like Like x 6
  17. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Btw guys, legacy breakdown is available to pre order again on pulse. No longer sold out. Just nabbed one myself.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    My condolences to you and your wife :(  she sounds like she was a legend though :) 

Best wishes to you and your family :(  cancer is a bastard. Best wishes for as much time (and as painless a time) as possible for the time she has left.:( 

Geeks getting involved in their own stuff isn't always bad. Some of the best things I've seen have been made by fans. Granted it can ALSO end horribly so much like anything there's a balance to be had. I know we have different views on this specific show but I do personally feel that the Ms Marvel show benefited greatly from Iman Vellani being a huge Marvel nerd, added a lot of authenticity to her performance.

I actually like the current Lightning Collection approach. Sure it sucks for those trying to complete teams, but if Hasbro had taken a chronological approach of completing each team and moving on it would have screwed over people who came to Power Rangers with a later season, as well as those like me who came to Lightning Collection late, and missed figures from the early series, as they DID release the whole Mighty Morphin' team early. If they hadn't released the 2 2-packs with the second Pink and Yellow Rangers, I likely would never have got into Lightning Collection. As it is it's proving tricky to track down the MMPR characters and I hope we will see some re-releases for the anniversary.
    They're not really 'skipping' anyone as they're not taking a linear chronological approach to who they release.

• Like Like x 9
  19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Go on then.

Masterpiece-MP-15-16-E-Box.jpg

Looking for this set of 4 Cassetbots/Cassetron if anyone has them going.

• Like Like x 10
  20. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

“The greatest swordsman in the universe”

14AFAA9F-2F38-4A17-A5AB-4189BF431557.jpeg

• Like Like x 25