The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

IMG_20220915_140829__01.jpg
    KO Thomas has finally landed.
    I'm thoroughly impressed. Can't find fault with it other than the slightly fiddlesome transformation and crap instructions, but those complaints would apply to the real thing, too.

If they release a toy coloured version, I'd 100% be in for it. As is, I'm even thinking about another one just for train mode display with the Zeta bots.

• Like Like x 19
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent, enjoy! :) 

• Like Like x 4
  3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    A most precarious but handsome landing platform. :eek: 

• Like Like x 7
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Bus-former please Haslads

Ebay:
    Did I miss a new rumour about thunderclash, or is this just this mornings speculation?

Thunderclash if and when he appears will be a repaint. I love the character and g1 toy deeply, but I'm wise enough to know he's still too obscure to get his own mold.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speculation. Specifically, who or what is "LDR 2" in the Velocitron series 2 leaked listings. Presumably a Leader class; as TC was in the recent Wreckers/Speedia 500 comic, people are wondering if it's him without his trailer, based partly on the early Motormaster spec sheets making mention of a TC alt head (but you probably know that bit already :)  )

• Like Like x 7
  6. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

I’m at work but does the master of motors share any plastics with his trailer? If I recall he’s rather different to the grey/yellowed plastic that makes up the main trailer mass, he’s mostly black plastic and even the whites painted if I recall?

• Like Like x 7
  7. Siege Fan

8. motorthing

motorthing No, not really.

News Credits:
    Sad, but true.

Mr. Maestro Cue the Metallica please.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Siege Fan

Lol, the MOTU Origins He-Man 4 pack has lasted a whole 6 minutes so far because even the scalpers aren't buying it in great numbers for $150 before shipping.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The best thing about Hobby projects is one is not tied to an urgent deadline, so it's quitting time today after having pottered out some of the missing decals for G2 Sandstorm (along with some prep for some of the missing G2 ramjet decals that will need printing on white backing), a LEGO "Screen" Compatible Windblade Idol Poster, De-Autobot badged WFC medical shuriken crosses, and a couple of slight re-size options for the Star Lord Football Pitch/Screen.
    It's thinking cap on for how exactly to proceed with a swing at the Proto Art's knee pad sticker details, and to figure out what else can go on what seems like quite an acreage of space still on the page at the mo!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  11. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Velocitron LDR2 is Kingdom Megatron with go faster stripes. Or painted on stockings and suspenders. Next level racy!

“Out with the old, good Senator…”
    From Transformers: The War for Cybertron#3 (September 2023) ‘And You And I’
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  12. BQuantum

BQuantum Well-Known Member

I can’t remember who it was that was talking about it, and it might have been mentioned already, but IDT have added Marvel Legends to their current sale and the Eternals are in there. I’m sure someone was after Druig for the Build a figure piece

• Like Like x 6
  13. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

You’re a fuck of a sight wiser than the septic tanks in the Speculation Thread then. Mind you, so is the clump of hair I pulled out of the plug in the bath last week, to be fair

• Like Like x 10
  14. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

• Like Like x 3
  15. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

The Royal Mail stamps situ has been semi-accidentally resolved...
    I wasn't getting answers from RM after 'Erm, no, the *real* terms and conditions are these secret ones you didn't get to see before' so I opened a PayPal dispute, and it looks like they didn't get anything in the way of a decent answer because they've just closed the case in my favour and refunded all the money...
    On the one hand I almost kind of feel a bit bad because I do actually want to keep the 'prestige' limited book (admittedly partly because of seeing the scalpers rates and with an eye to the future after the life of the god emperor was cut so tragically and unexpectedly short and how very normal people are being about that).
    On the other hand... They were almost actively crap, so... Yeah...

I shall spend the refund wisely... On a preorder for a trailer for KO Thomas, I think. Or put it in the diaclone pot.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Toyhax sets for W'N'R Springer & Cosmos are up!
    The Cosmos additional toy sticker detailing homage is exactly what I was planning to do if they didn't but they have so that could be a job saved, not so bothered about the electronic gear falling out of Springer's legs G1-accurate detailing but the wee blue apps on his shoulders/pontoons/wheel wells are mighty tempting (and another job less homebrewing for me)!

• Like Like x 6
  17. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Thanks Kapow for the 10% deposit option on Battle Diaper. I am buying two and reselling one bundled with Minerva.

• Like Like x 4
  18. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Ah. Wouldn't be surprized if that is the case. Bonus points if his G1 Trailer can still hitch to the new figure :p 

Like I need the excuse.....

Found myself re-watching some Kind of Monster last week, and with more mature eyes... yeah Lars still looks like Supreme dick! I reckon Kirk and Rob are decent enough lads!

Idea for next Collab: SS86 Kup, with zero limbs retooled to look like the boyo off the One cover...
    [​IMG]

I mean... we've seen stranger repaints.

I'm going to be conservative with my guesses for LDR2. So far what we've seen of the line is straight up repaints; so I'm not expecting anything on the level of Cosmos and Override in terms of brand spanking new stuff. So most likely a quick repaint/retool of one of the WFC leaders we haven't had a repaint or retool of yet.

So... I'm guessing a repaint of either Astrotrain (that ellusive white version that nobody keeps banging on about), Stalker (finally) or .... BW Megatron retooled to his transmetal form so he can use his roller blades to race.

What we won't see? Nova Prime from Galaxy Upgrade Prime, Straxus from Kingdom Galvatron or Thunderclash. Because the universe conspires against me at this present moment.

That has yet to be confirmed by science good sir. I once put toothpaste on toast while in a sleep deprived state.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So Sonner have presumably gone under and are starting again:

• Like Like x 9
  20. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    @Seeaich oooh those Cosmos stickers look the business. Haven't ordered anything of toy hax in years at this point, might need to grab these though!

Ouch. Not my favourite retailer by any stretch of the imagination (aren't a few of you still waiting on your Roddy Primes?) but you hate to see smaller outfits struggling.

Hope anyone with stuff on order with them get sorted out in proper order.

So today was to be the first day of my Sister-in-law minding our kids part-time as the wife was doing a keep-in-touch day with her work.

Naturally, instead my eldest woke with a fever and runny nose, and when we rang to say we'd postpone, turns out my sis-in-law had fainted while standing at the top of the stairs. Thankfully other than a few bruises shes alright - prone to the odd faint when she's between b12 injections.

Course meant muggins here had to look after the wee ones and work tonight. We ended up having a 'spagetti hoop party' for the eldest's paw patrol toys. She told me it would nice to invite 'her' robot friends. This involved her spending 30minutes bowling over puppies with G1 Goldbug while the baby laughed his hole off. Ended the day watching ghostsbusters cartoons.

Picsart_22-09-15_19-24-47-045.jpg

I love my job, and the folks I work with, but if it was financially viable, I'd become a stay at home dad in a heartbeat. Even if it involves dealing with nuclear nappies.

• Like Like x 20