The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

Despite thinking January would be a quiet month it's becoming more expensive than ever! :eek: 

[​IMG]

All this stuff and a little more has arrived since New Years. I don't know where to put it all! Thanks to mark_h for Thundercracker and Starscream. :cool: 
    Plus so much more due towards the end of the month. Then in January it's more 3rd Party crazyness!
    All I can say is thank god 85% of the Beast Hunters is pure poop in a bag :p 

2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Thats a good haul! Must be the wheels, but Blaster's alt mode looks like an armoured wagon, lookin' to pan for gold down in ol' Californee!

3. Hosta

Hosta Banned

has that series been canned? or is there a 2nd series coming this year?

4. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm on PS3. Username is thebigbingowski

On a separate note, had a go at painting a spare G1 Galvatron that has been in a box in pieces for over 2 years. I certainly won't win any awards for painting but I'm pretty chuffed with it. It is also my first attempt at anything like this.

Attached Files:

5. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added! That sucks dude, but I think I'm home this Tuesday. Nudge me if I get on!

That's quite an impressive haul! How is Blaster? Steeljaw looks remarkbly good for data disc-former. Just Phantom and Eagle for me this month, though that's plenty I think. Gotta sort out Beachcomber and Gears next month as will probably nab them as a birthday present, will have to order Blackbird too then. But that's it for transformers for me, until Falcon and Harrier arrive! At least, that's it for what we've seen and heard of thus far, who knows what could happen between now and then.

:lol  it does actually. It's pretty cool, but I just can't accept Blaster into my collection as anything other than a rad boombox.

6. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    January been abit slow for me spending wise,
    Think all I've brought is fantoys quake wave and lego hobbit sets of goblin king battle and mirkwood spiders attack,
    On pre-order i have mp Soundwave, tfc eagle, mp cassettes (both packs)
    And umm that's it, might not seem like much, but there a good 500 ding dangs there,
    Dammm, when were on here, we really live in a different realm,
    A realm where we spend £100 like it was a £10'er, and we all enable each other,

7. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    January for me is a pretty variable month. For pre-orders, I have put in for that Macross VF-171, plus both sets of MP cassettes. I have also picked up an Alternators Rumble (thanks Nellie) and I finally picked up a WST glow G1 Ultra Magnus, just because I wanted one. I have a Takara Kickback on pre-order from December, but I have no idea if he is released this month. I have also asked a friend in the US to pick me up all four twin packs of the FoC disc minions. I have also picked up Classics Inferno (the RID Prowl redeco) and the latest arrival is yet another Cybertron Defence Hot Shot. Its been a busy month already, but not a single thing at UK retail, and the rest of the month is going to be very quiet for me. In fact, I am mostly done now and I am not sure what else there is that I am interested in the near future.

8. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have you guys seen this?

Lamina Nixie Clock

Damn thing is beautiful. I really really want one now, a shame there aren't any laser printing labs around here or I'd be all over that shit.

DAMN, I hope he gets them down to a reasonable price when they get mass produced. Such a beautiful thing.

9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    ^^ Looks like the teleporters from The Fly!

10. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They make me think of Raptue, from Bioshock. I've never heard of nixie tubes before, but they look fantastic.

11. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I love Blaster! Couldn't stop playing with it. My mindset though he is my Classics scale Blaster. So by not thinking he goes with FOC helps a lot. I think the scale is rather large for that plus I don't even see him as a repaint. The chest and head help a lot for that. Plus he comes with a gun too.

He does have a great armoured car look. I plan on painting him more like the Takara version. I still think the disc system is a bit flawed. Steeljaw is more acceptable than say Ravage as he's bulkier anyway. It's Ramhorn that looks to be the one to watch! :cool: 

I read there was going to be another Season. It's ok but not great at times.

12. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm very very curious to see whether anyone takes FoC Blaster as parts for a Boombox Blaster, very very curious indeed.

He does look great though, glad they finally got him right after all these years. Just a shame he's not the classics one I was hoping for.

13. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

I forgot to say there is a kinda boombox mode been found. Like the WFC version.

[​IMG]

Also I paid £30 for Blaster as it's an import ofc. I wouldn't pay more than that honestly or you may have second thoughts.
    The grey legs is kinda G1 like but I do find it a little cheap. Another reason I am giving it a make over. Bens Collectables did a YouTube review on him.

14. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good move, he's an excellent figure :) 

15. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Fort Max - that's a big maybe, I've got some family reunion things happening in August which I shall have to attend to. Will check dates.

Regarding Borgen: "it's just like The Killing only even more bureaucratic" (qu. Mark Corrigan, Peep Show). Accurate. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Off to the Prince Charles Cinema tonight: They Live, free beer and pizza with every ticket. Bang.

Dayum, Blaster looks sweet. All over that if I see it at retail.

16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    January is a good month. Red Alert and Grind Rod due for my birthday, so that saves me some money. I want to get Thundertron from Argos (I'm somewhat tempted to try to pick up the Beasts from Beast Hunters, and Thundertron looks cool in his own right.). And that leaves me to decide between Quakewave and Steelcore from Kapow.

If I go mad I might pick up both, just to tie up loose ends. I don't need food, right?

I'm hoping that MP Soundwave gets a heavy remold into Blaster at some point, so I'm holding out on the FoC version. He looks good, though. They've gotta re-use those mp cassettes for someone. Even now my bank account is trembling at the prospect of MP Kiss Players tapes.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  17. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Noizu and Graphu or GTBHO, Hasbro.

Seriously, though, we need some obscure MP cassetticon-bots.

SCROUNGE, dagnammit.

18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    booo i'm on the ps3 so can't join in the fun lol got a spare few squid so might invest in a x box in the next couple of weeks

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That's awesome for a first paint job, far better than my failed first attempt!!

Oh and belated welcome to Brum Bot :rock 

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    btw anyone on the ps3 add me if you want :) 

user name: djwarpedcore