The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but I'd have to put in the time and effort, and I could just paint the original since any printed part would need painting up anyway.

Just waiting for 4pm to tick over so I can declare myself done with work for the week, Birthday tomorrow and no point working Friday immediately after so 4 day weekend sounds good. Hoping to use Friday as a painting day if the weather isn't awful, got a few projects I really need to get cracking with and the airbrush is cleaned out so good for some spray painting once I locate my respirator mask (remember kids, don't breathe paint or solvents or resin fumes if you can avoid it)

• Like Like x 11
  2. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That did cross my mind plus cannibalising and painting the original one would be a lot less hassle.

Happy birthday for tomorrow. The day off after your birthday and giving you a 4 day weekend is a great move.

For somebody first starting out using airbrushes, can you recommend any?

• Like Like x 8
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

IDT have shipped my 2 Cliffs, 1 Kup o_O 

• Like Like x 11
  4. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Mine too, nothing on Cliff though

• Like Like x 6
  5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It can vary and depends on if it's something you intend to get good use out of, cheaper airbrushes tend to get clogged easier or not give as good a finish. The advice I have around 10 years ago was to go for an Iwata airbrush, they are more expensive but the quality of the build is great.

also look at gravity fed airbrushes rather than side fed, not sure why I was told that but didn't question it. Good advice is get a compressor as well, mine was only a cheap vogueair one but it still works all this time after.

Paint wise you should look at the Vallejo airbrush range, they already come pre-thinned so you know what thickness you're looking for if you ever need to thin something else down.

This is the one I use, the Iwata Neo, this is the cheapest I can find it online Iwata NEO CN Gravity Dual-Action Airbrush

• Like Like x 9
  6. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Hey everyone, before I jump on an evil-Bay listing, does anyone have a TR Chromedome (IDW not retro version) they're looking to shift?
    Much thanks,
    J

• Like Like x 7
  7. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

No box or instructions, and I'll have to figure which is his weapons (may need your help, I can't tell the difference between the takara and hasbro guns), but I could sell you my guy. I have a tr Rewind I could do with him if you are interested in making that pair?

Me too. I was about to say HOW BIG IS THAT LYNX??????

@SJW I'm passing on blackhide too. While the black and the striping looks nice, I can easily skip it.

• Like Like x 9
  8. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Ooh, excuse me while I BITE your hand off. Moving to PMs.

• Like Like x 9
  9. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

G1 Toy Boys!
    Really happy with these 3 and if they end up re-releasing Kap as a Hosehead (perhaps change white bits for grey?) I might have to bite.

AF7AF992-141E-40F3-BF89-EBB96E4D92FB.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  10. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Hahaha! I've already heard back from Omegalock to say they've logged it and will ask XTB for replacement parts after CNY.

TBH, I'm weighing up just asking if I can return him for a refund. Not sure yet though.

You're in luck as they ARE doing a Hosehead deco one! I kinda hope the feet on that one are red as I feel that's closer to the original toy's molded feet look.

• Like Like x 7
  11. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

Absolutely love these, come in 2 flavours but I've only had the Cheese version.

Hmm, not sure if this is Luck or not.
    I perhaps might not have bought Kap (given both Jap/UK toys were the same) and I guess Kap is based off Masterforce cartoon rather than that.

This leads me to either than have to pickup the 2 Masterforce bots or buy "Hosehead" and sell Kap hmmmm indeed.

• Like Like x 5
  12. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 8
  13. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for imparting that info and knowledge to us mere novices looking at moving away from just using spray cans and paint brushes. I’m looking to use the airbrush with Mcfarlane Warhammer 40k figures.

Totally agree. Looks nice but an easy skip.

@bcm77 - that MMC Sky lynx looks to be 30% larger than the Siege one. Price is about six times the siege one :eek:  .

Understandable you looking to just get a refund. Hopefully Omega looks after you whatever you decide. Feel gutted for you on the figure. Mine seems ok but I haven’t transformed yet and given what has been said in the Jenssen thread, I’d be nervous to put in tank mode. Clearly pushing the arms out from the inside and taking care isn’t a dead cert to avoid the breakage you experienced. I really thought XTB had upped their game with Janssen. I think the figure is too heavy all over. I would have preferred the weight to be more in the feet/lower area and more strategic with it.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Popped into town to grab my comics and FP had a restock of this guy so I picked him up as I missed him last year.
    4084AA9E-DFD2-4788-8EBE-A18D5FD728CE.jpeg
    When Buzzworthy Kup gets here from Pulse I’ll have my first two purchases of the year. I think I did okay to make it to the 26th before caving in and buying something new.

• Like Like x 17
  15. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    What a good choice to start off the year though!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

And that’s a shipping notice for Tigatron too, I am excite :p 

• Like Like x 8
  17. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

News Credits:
    UT Peru Kill? It's a lovely looking thing and I ordered the reissue.

On the SG Starscream front, and just like Shattered Ass Misfire, I am seeking a replacement for the replacement. The panel on the back of the lower leg, despite being one piece of plastic, was at least two shades of yellow; not a crisp, bright white, or even uniform yellow.

Think someone mentioned SS Perceptor is landing next week, hopefully SS86 Starscream follows shortly thereafter.

I was on the fence regarding Legacy Leader Laser Optimus Prime but I think since seeing the video yesterday I'm going to pick up this figure. No great affinity to the character, however, the transformation has swung it for me.

Last thing for the time being... Currently watching Beast Machines and I can't help thinking Nightscream's appearance (face) was inspired by Michael Jackson of the time. Does anyone else see this?

• Like Like x 6
  18. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Yeah can’t wait to break him out later. Really looking forward to having a play around.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    It seems increasingly like they used two types of white plastic for SG Starscream, one of which seems highly prone to yellowing... I kind of wish they'd used black plastic for those bits. It would still have fit the colourscheme having it on back of the legs and in joint pieces which seem to be the parts most prone to this weird yellowing.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    It is definitely unaccountably heavy. They absolutely should have made the internal shoulder armature out of metal and lessened the amount of metal in his thighs. As per usual, though, people are claiming that heft is entirely a good thing and making it all into an FT V XTB thing. Ugh. Those other threads.

• Like Like x 5