The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    I mean we had about a 15 box IKEA delivery when we moved in here the week before Xmas 2 years ago….. but my heart (and multiple sizes of Allen keys) go out to you @Skywarp SCS !

• Like Like x 7
  2. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

A classic case of greed, arrogance and stupidity. Will probably be a module in business studies for decades to come. The clearly didn't think it could possibly fail after all the recent HasLabs smashing through their backer targets.

For me, all they needed to do was launch this (without competing projects) for £250 to £300 (max) throwing in the background and bones as "a bonus", for 8000 backers, then:

Tier 1 - loose Gammorean Guard - cheap add on for them - 9000 backers
    Tier 2 - Carded Luke Skywalker - 11k backers
    Tier 3 - Carded Rancor Keeper - 13k backers
    Tier 4 - Carded Oola - making it clear that due to the tiimes we live in that this is never getting a general release - 15k backers

But instead it was 9000 backers for just the £350 Rancor - with the Keeper being thrown in at the very last minute to try and stave off disaster.

T1 - 11k for the Carded Gammorean (a figure a lot of people already have multiples of)
    T2 - 13.5k for the backdrop and bones (reused assets from a failed toyline)
    T3 - 16k for a Carded Salacious Crumb figure (Not connected to the Rancor!)
    T4 - 19k for Carded Luke (a figure Hasbro would clearly then repackage to all)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Is that all just for one room? :p 

• Like Like x 5
  4. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

IKEA = My Dad refuses to go in the place but when I've needed something he's gotten a chuckle from sitting in the car park and watching people who emerge with lots of boxes without thinking how they'll fit them into their cars.

One time when I'd been in for a Detolf he was waiting outside looking amused and when I asked what had tickled him he said he'd just seen 3 people faffing around trying to fit everything in and the bloke thought he had it sorted only to eventually realise he'd forgotten to leave space for one of the passengers to sit :D 

When I worked at Argos I had a similar situation with someone who bought one of those gaming chairs which came in a fairly chunky box.

I got asked to carry it out to the customers car which was fine, only to discover the car was tiny and it took about 20 minutes to get it in there and the silly sod had the nerve to get arsey with me at which point I politely asked if she'd looked at the measurements in the catalogue and checked with her available car space.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Opened Netflix wave. My first experience with the wfc cassettes. Ravage is fun, if a bit wtf? But decent for a mainline figure. Laserbeak is fun. He's always fun though. I think I'll be sticking with the MP's for my classics cassettes, and while these two were originally going to just live in Soundwave and Soundblaster's chests, I think they're fun enough to warrant being out. So, Netflix Ravage can be repurposed as Nightstalker, but I need someone Laserbeak could be repurposed into....

And now to transform the main man into his tape deck mode!

IKEA, I always joked as a kid when mum wanted to go that we needed our passports, because the shop was so big and meandering it went across borders. I do remember once my brother and I had a compatition to see who could get the most pencils out of the shop. I walked out with 23 in my pocket. Didn't need to buy a pencil for school for years after that!

• Like Like x 11
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Our boiler was condemned yesterday, new technician did a service and condemned it on the spot, and said it wasn't safe, was leaking fumes and the guy who was doing it before him basically didn't bother servicing it properly for ten years.

Upshot is, its fucking cold and we have no heating. Landlord has dropped some electric oil heaters around but even at a moderate temperature in one room its going to triple our energy bills. I have asthma. Wife had no immune system and already seems to have picked up a cold overnight.

And because of ongoing supply chain issues which totally aren't related to the single most destabilising to trade event in a lifetime, they don't know when they can install a new boiler.

Might be a very unmerry Xmas.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

The minimum they need to learn is the tiers should mean getting something relevant and an actual exclusive... then realise you can't just have all the projects.

I definitely recommend this for the MOTU fans :D , it's only £14 too.

20211207_140244.jpg 20211207_140224.jpg 20211207_135926.jpg 20211207_135824.jpg 20211207_135545.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Much sympathy Brendan. My wife (then girlfriend) bought me a gaming chair for Xmas 11 years ago, and in order to get it from her mums house to our own gaff, I had to ask a mate to help move it, because her mums house was in a street with no parking and up a hill, and if you remember the xmas of 2010, it was apocalyptic snow and ice for weeks, so getting it down that hill was an education in prat falls. Then had to try and load the thing into my car 'without damaging the wrapping paper'.

Good times.

Poor chair finally succumbed to my massive arse/ nuclear farts this year.

That is pure shite mate. Hope your wife shakes the cold quickly.

They seriously can't be claiming they can't install a new boiler before Christmas. Surely they can do something for you. Relying on portable electric heaters at this time of the year isn't exactly feasible.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

@CZ Hazard Don’t know how much use I’ll be, but reach out via PM if you need an ear :) 

• Like Like x 7
  10. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a decent sale price on Kingdom Magnus? Definitely looking for the Daz Automatic white version rather than the off white one.
    It can wait as long as needed - no rush on this for Christmas or anything. Just starting to look at rough prices that are around just now.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Hi Sid - might be worth doing some digging around yourself - I work for a company that supplies/installs boilers (albeit commercial) but as far as I’ve been told, no shortages on boilers due to you know what.

There is an issue with things that use chips in, as there is a processor chip shortage globally (I.e got a customer waiting for new dryers, but can’t ship them until we get chips and fit coin op machines) - but not aware of boiler issues. Worth your own investigation :thumb 

Wish you all the best.

• Like Like x 8
  12. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

52 this year and never been in an IKEA - Its become a matter of principle now.

• Like Like x 16
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

He'll be £30 in Smyths soon I reckon, currently £45 and a massive shelf warmer in every hue!

Hasbro's Star Wars Black Series Rancor Haslab Campaign Fails To Get Funding, Is The G.I. Joe Skystriker Next?

• Like Like x 3
  14. danlevan

danlevan Well-Known Member

Some places have him down as sold out now, he was wave 2 of Kingdom so might not be getting restocked a lot of places anymore. I wasn't checking for it, but he's old enough that I'd have expected him to be in some Black Friday sales, possible crop back up in Christmas/Boxing Day too.

Smyths still have him in, I think they might be the cheapest at the moment.

• Like Like x 6
  15. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  16. GrahamFA

Thanks - I’m mainly wanting him for the white cab-bot- might spray the red and blue armour white and red later. Basically getting more additions for our ‘Plex set up and he’s looks like he could find a place.
    The pure white MP Magnus is great but seems hard to find and way to pricey - especially as it’ll see daily play time.
    Partly motivated by how much I enjoying the Nemesis prime, so thought I’d try a white one too!

• Like Like x 8
  17. GrahamFA

• Like Like x 4
  18. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    @Xaran Alamas yup. Good ol' Brawlvastator

In other news the first non-Transformers t-shirt I've bought in 2 years arrived today and in time for Halo Infinite tomorrow.

20211207_123941.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Oops! Didn’t see the postage on that. PROMOTEN should reduce the price to £35.10, though. But postage bumps it back up. Boo hiss, etc.
    Has do have an ebay shop which is regularly in the 20% discount, so might be worth keeping an eye out there. The studio series devastator set has been below £200 a few times thanks to that.

• Like Like x 4
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

The moving job with your mate assisting sounds like the modern equivalent of those old comedy routines consisting of two dudes moving a piano up some stairs, fun for bystanders but not for the people doing it!

I was working at Argos in 2010, I remember freaking staff out by not wearing a coat whilst I helped unload the delivery trucks on winter mornings :D 

If I remember right the car I had to try and fit one into was something like a Fiat 500. When I finally managed to get it secured the customer said "I probably should have had a home delivery" and I had to stop myself from saying "No shit".

I wonder how many of those chairs have been seen off in that manner? Seems to me like fart resistance should be something that should be tested for before they leave the factory :D 

• Like Like x 9