The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Magic Square Bonecrusher & Scavenger now ordered. I await the pre-order for Hook, Long Haul and combiner pants :D 

Pondering the purchase of a can of pepper spray to enforce social distancing in supermarket queues 'cos I'm sick of people standing too close. Wearing a mask is annoying enough as my glasses constantly steam up but having people getting in my personal space is a pet hate at the best of times, let alone during a pandemic.

Bought Rebecca a new bag of dry food at Pets At Home which is a slightly more expensive brand than before. It says the ingredients helps promote healthy teeth which means more wounds for her human chew toy :D 

She's also becoming a fan of Transformers packaging as she's learned how to open some of the boxes I haven't yet disposed of and even got all the way into the box for Netflix Soundwave. She's not likely to chew any accessories or anything but she likes sinking her fangs into the plastic trays :D 

@Siege Fan,
    I was OK with the NES as my best friend at the time was very spoiled and between him and his brother they got loads of games so I was able to borrow a fair bit. Same thing happened with the SNES.

A lot of the kids at school had Sega Master Systems but I never liked any of the games enough to want one. I only ever owned one Sega console, a Mega Drive for a few months and never really got on with it aside from the very first FIFA , Sonic and Golden Axe. I never really paid any attention to the pissing contests, I just went with what had the better games for me at the time.

@motorthing,
    I think that alt mode does a better job of being a "robot in disguise" than most as it's a more everyday vehicle.

Obviously sports cars or military vehicles make more visually intresting toys and there's the dramatic license taken with the cartoon and the comics so nobody batted an eyelid at an F1 car or a Lamborghini driving over rough terrain without tearing their underside to shreds but that's just one of those things that sticks out a bit more when viewing it with older eyes.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    I know why for me: MP Skids has put some faith back that TT can make a solid effort that'll look great, move well AND not crumble straight out of the box. So I'm willing to give the first one a go.

Plus Omegalock have it at £115 instead of the stupid £150+ it is everywhere else still. If this wasn't an option it would still be a no from me. That's WAY too much for what we are likely to get.

There should be Laws against that sort of thing.

@bcm77 - completely agree. I'd be happy to have a few more incognito ALTs that made actual disguise sense, and the modest nature of Skids/Reboost is what actually appeals to me.

They can't all be F1 Cars......

• Like Like x 8
  3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Will the Buzzworthy KupJumper make their way over here to retail? Or likely to be an import jobby…..

• Like Like x 5
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I've never been hit by it short of going over £135, I order from them at least once a month.

• Like Like x 5
  6. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It makes some sense if it's a toy like Earthrise Ratchet that was only available as an exclusive. It's very cheap for others IMO - especially Kup as that was already supposed to be screen accurate!

• Like Like x 4
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@motorthing,
    Whilst the concept of grounding something in reality is usually one that makes me head for the hills, it strikes me that Transformers would be a more intresting franchise for doing it because of the robots in disguise thing.

If nothing else it'd be the perfect window of opportunity to make a Transformer that turned into a bus :D 

• Like Like x 8
  8. Strafe28066

Strafe28066 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kapow have SS Bumblebee Wheeljack up for pre order, scheduled for February

• Like Like x 5
  9. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Apologies all it's another thrilling sales post.
    I've cut prices, hopefully there's a bargain here with your name on it.

All prices include UK shipping.
    (Pictures available upon request)

Edit - Sold:
    Robots

Takara Encore G1 Skids £25
    ER Starscream £15

Marvel Legends
    Note all figures sold without BAF parts!

Buy 1 = £15
    Buy 2 = £28
    Buy 3 = £39
    Buy 4 = £48
    Buy 5 = £55 + Get Mega Bloks Skeletor & Panthor Free!

No Way Home Dr Strange
    Gamerverse Miles Morales
    Shriek
    No Way Home Spider-Man
    Morlun

DM if interested.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 6
  10. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

You'll need to buy one for your ER Sky Lynx :) 

• Like Like x 9
  11. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    He's working overtime. Fighting crime.

Fighting crime.

Actually he's one of the Vikings from the MC longship, stripped of armour and accessories. It's the closest I have to 'a normal one'.

I don't know what the practicalities of mould storage and use are, and I get the feeling they're not kept forever. It's rare that we get releases of moulds older than 10 years though. The strangest one I can think of was the original BW Terrorsaur mould turning up in the AoE line.

I'd love to have that mould as some fun new character, as I never got my mitts on one. Onslaught and Hardhead I've got more fitting versions. Shame Clench was a hen's tooth, that one was bonkers.

Ooof, I felt that picture. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Siege Fan

13. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw this earlier today. One of the less shocking news items I've read recently.

If I'd not seen the campaign though, and came to it cold, I'd be blown away that it didn't fund

• Like Like x 4
  14. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I know you've told me before but which Goldfire is that? I really rather like that design as an upgraded Bee over Goldbug

You all laughed when I said it but watch this be the first evidence of my speculation that expanded Buzzworthy Bumblebee is gonna fill the RotB hole in their release schedule :D 

Yes

Ninja'ed! :eek: 

Ah but they're commonwealth and all that! ;) 

Oooh he looks cool! Is he the one erroneously called Devastator in the first film in dialogue?

But can the boxes all be assembled into something? :D 

Now imagining you cosplaying Soundwave and launching Rebecca as your minion!

Rebecca deploy. Operation: Mischief!

Thankies!

• Like Like x 10
  15. Siege Fan

Yup, the mismanagement has been unreal. Insane amount of projects in one year, 'tiers of a clown', multiple brands all going against each other...

• Like Like x 6
  16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Please don't tell me these were preceded by a full walk of Ikea itself in order to 'get a feel' for how things might look.

• Like Like x 10
  17. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Universe Onslaught was a great figure, I also liked the Hardhead repaint!

@Xaran Alamas,
    Wouldn't be a bad way of going to the shops as launching Rebecca would be a great deterrent to people standing too close in the queue :D 

She's not fussy, she'll chomp anyone :D 

• Like Like x 8
  18. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's another way? :eek: 

• Like Like x 8
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Allens keys at the ready!!

I just tell myself that IKEA stuff is basically giant sized lego and try to have fun with it, but 37 boxes seems like some sort of cruel punishment.

Congrats on the new gaff! When's the housewarming?

Ha! He does look a bit like good 'ol Alex. Some time travelling MASK mischief is now my personal head cannon. He lived with the vikings and fashioned himself a new mask with horns and the whole 9 yards.

I often wonder that myself. Every now and again they do pull a g1 reissue out of the bag, or more recently the Beast Wars vintage guys. So maybe they keep long enough? I often think of YOTS Omega Supreme and his remolded bits, and just how unusual that was.

Clench was my favourite use of it - never parting with that guy. But the OG mold is good, and with one of the Stronghold or Butcher Head Robots kits it can make it a new character.

• Like Like x 10
  20. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, the Star Wars one was the one I had the "too big to fail" politics bet on not being allowed to fall short.

The money really must have been tight on it afterall.

The question is now does this make Hasbro just retreat and become even more conservative about what fits this model, or will they actually listen to some of the saner fan-voices and actually learn something.......?

"Our lines are open, buy a Skystriker........please!"

• Like Like x 9