The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

While it would be nice to get the nemmy pack for 40, there was no telling how it was gonna go and honestly, with all the extras, i feel it was worth full price. If you wait and take the risk, you could very easily miss out on it entirely. It's unfortunate, but thats the way it goes. A lot of things would be done different with himdsight.

Also, booked tickets tonight to see no way home on friday afternoon. Surprised there's plenty of seats left, but hey ho. The joy if being a smaller cinema out of town centre i guess. Also went for the cheaper tickets, so smaller screen than we usually see but it was also 15 quid for two tickets instead of 22 and i get to see the film before the internet spoils it all so bonus me! We usually do meerkat tuesday or wed so its usually 11 quid for two tickets on the big fancy screen, but would have to wait till new year if we did that and i aint waiting that long.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Bumblebee Soundwave out in shop(s?) in the US already, apparently.
    I'd hate to see hasbro try to organise a p*ss up in a brewery. You'd get the hangover a week before, then a massive bill only to get served water all evening...

• Like Like x 8
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Belfast recently got a Cineworld and I personally hope it dies on it's arse. Variable pricing on blockbusters before you pay even more for 3D or whatever? Get in the Lagan. There's any amount of cinemas in NI and you could drive to them and back and still have it work out cheaper than if you lived on Cineworld's doorstep :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 4
  4. Insurgent

Variable pricing? They didn't have that last time we went pre lockdown. How can they even justify that? We used to do cineworld in nottingham because we had the cineworld card, it worked out really well, but we got rid of it at the start of lockdown for obvious reasons. A smaller cinema called Arc opened in the summer this year in one of the suburbs and while it's not as big as cineworld, that's to it's advantage as you don't get as many people crammed in, and their prices for the standard screen works out a good bit cheaper than cineworld (8 quid a film). They have 11 quid for hypersense screens, which are big and fancy. But with the meerkat movie offers, it's 2 for 1 in tue and wed.

Which... if we go the standard screen using that, me and the wife can go the cinema for 8 quid. Works for me. We don't intend on going back to cineworld.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Siege Fan

Yup, it's around £8 in your average cinema here too, but Cineworld seems to start at a tenner from the various movies I checked. Possibly it's cheaper if you go during the day, but from my perspective they can get screwed.

It'll hurt them badly over here, most of our other cinemas have free parking where they don't, are roughly the same distance away, and aren't actively running a blatant scam! Plus 'papers please' hasn't exactly enured the punters of a night out.

• Like Like x 4
  6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    'Rodimus believes his hype'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  7. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_12-14-08.51.13.jpg

"Okay, looks like I finally lost that pair of lugnuts!"

- The Transformers S04E18: 'Cause Correction' (3/5)

---
    I'll put it out there again just in case, if anyone is thinking of getting the Kingdom spoiler pack and doesn't want the purple Paleotrex, I'll happily buy it off ye.

• Like Like x 14
  8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ahhhhh. Nice.

Cheers for the offer, we'll see how it goes. I do have 2 extra calendars on order as spares (because y'know, in case things go wrong with post) so if I do get any non payers you can still get one. Having said that, there's only one of the peeps left to pay that I'm unfamiliar with, everyone else is a regular.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shinsei

Shinsei Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but if you have Kingdom Terrorsaur incoming, these pieces are wrapped in a small piece of tissue paper taped to the box innards - don’t throw them away!

81291087-5621-4428-A9F5-55C16E5C7285.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  11. Siege Fan

Yup, I'm glad you and PvP mentioned it because it's the sort of thing I'd forget even after marvelling at the stupidity of it with Behold, Gaviscon.

• Like Like x 5
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Wednesday.
    Got a message from Royal Mail saying a package will be here tomorrow which'll probably be MAFEX Psylocke :) 

Hot Toys have teased a Richard E Grant Loki which'll be intresting to see as it's probably the closest there'll ever be to a 1:6 scale Withnail,

"Balls, I want the Cosmic Cube and I want it now"
    "Thor you terrible cunt!"
    :D 

@Dobbie,
    If I get any Christmas money from my sisters and niece the two figures jostling for purchase are Fenrir or whatever Newage are calling their Nemesis Prime.

Congrats on getting Delta Magnus, how's the transformation of the white Prime? I watched a stop motion video for Magnus and it looked pretty good, I also liked how the trailer only broke into 6 different pieces to form the armour.

@Ottertron,
    I reckon it'd work very well as an Earth mode Tarn! Fair play to you for even considering customising a large figure like that!

What's the Optus Pexus noggin for?

@Siege Fan,
    Last time I looked into ordering something from EE was their Exclusive comic style Marvel Legends GOTG pack a few years ago and shipping was more than the item back then so I shudder to think what it is now.

That said it may still be worth a look just in case things have changed as I used to avoid Ringside Collectibles like the plague for the same reason but they improved their international options at some point which made it more doable for smaller orders and I didn't have any customs charges with any of the orders I placed recently.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  13. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cheers, that's handy to know. I felt a tiny surge of despair reading this. That's a wee bit cackhanded.

'Rewind does things he shouldn't'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    CALENDAR UPDATE

Zounds. Calendars are printed, but not enough people have paid for me to pick them up, let alone send them! Hahahah.

Anyway will foot the bill for now. But will need to chase down everyone who has yet to pay. If you've not paid yet, expect a message later today...

• Like Like x 8
  15. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazon are allegedly delivering Slammer by 8pm today, when it hasn't even been dispatched yet...

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

• Like Like x 9
  16. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    #Deskbot Wednesday! It's G2 Selects Sandstorm, aka the other "rare" conehead that is easier to get than the 3 main ones.

20211215_100123.jpg

I like him because planes with the WW2 shark teeth is my weirdly specific fetish.

• Like Like x 14
  17. Insurgent

Went on youtube to load up some music and right there on the front page is a video of no way home end fight scene filmed on a potato with a GOD DAMN SPOILER IN THE GOD DAMN THUMBNAIL SO IT WAS GOD DAMN IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 

Looks like I'm gonna have to avoid the internet completely for the next few days. Didn't even think it came out for another two days.

• Like Like x 7
  18. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Balls!

I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Especially as it's not out in the States yet. Flight mode time!

• Like Like x 4
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Iron Factory have another Conehead coming that appears to be based on this deco although so far it appears to be lacking the shark teeth which is a shame because I also think it's a good look on a plane, particularly the A-10 because it's also got a minigun sticking out of it's "mouth".

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    This was me last week with Halo Infinite though luckily it turned out said spoiler wasn't *that* big as it was from before the last third of the game but I didn't know it at the time.

• Like Like x 6