The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Wait for the upgrade kit, the hands are closed in the standard version….

• Like Like x 12
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@SJW,
    Sometimes I can be super focused and stick to specific things, others I'll get carried away on different tangents.

With Transformers I do prioritise Legends scale above all else but larger figures do still find their way into my collection although I'm becoming far more picky with official stuff because if I think something needs gap fillers and additional upgrade kits and it's not a favourite character I'll just not bother with it.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    He's a lovely fig but yeah the weapons are weird. Those whole light up flip out weapon things that line had were weird. I think some of them are meant to look like their arms transformed into weapons but it never doesn't look awkward when the actual arm is right there. Give me some over the hand weapon mitts any day!

Makes sense to be Titus. I do hope that gets addressed somehow.
    As for Chaos, I'd be up for another 'Hijacked by Ganon' with a different race but I kind of hope it's NOT Chaos. I could see maybe Necrons? It would need to be someone who can go head to head with a Marine and while that may be true of some Eldar I don't see that really WORKING with this sort of gameplay whereas fighting a big-ass metal skeleton monster could totally work. You could also potentially have some interesting conflicting motives with Necrons and Tyranids.
    Mind you they might not follow the exact same plan. Tyranids can both be swarmers but also have big strains that can fight a Marine (particularly a one man army 'Movie' Marine) one on one.
    It will be interesting to see how they do it. Also will it all be on one planet or might we travel between several worlds? I am excite to find out :) 

Ooh yes, I almost mentioned her! I just like red :D 

Good point! #TeamDragonzord!

I totally get why they went with doing the OG Megazord (at least as far as Power Rangers is concerned) first, particularly as Lightning Collection is basically the Generations of Power Rangers right? And people who grew up with MMPR (like me :D  ) are now in their 30s and probably prime target audience for this.
    I've no doubt if this does well they'll start working through the other Megazords. From the interview I read with Warden this whole 'Ascension Zord' thing appears to be an ongoing plan for doing Zord figures.
    I'm not sure what other Megazords I might get, though I would be mightily tempted by a Ninja Megazord and Falconzord as that was the one Megazord I had as a kid :)  I also had Warrior Wheel :p 
    Hah, now I'm imagining them doing a massively chromed version to replicate how the Ninja Megazord looked in The Movie :lol  from that early era of CGI where they just figured out how to do chrome textures so everything was shiny and chrome! BW did that with Transmetals

Also I have to say I like the touch that the little Ranger figs are all striking the poses they have in one of the iconic team poses from MMPR used (I believe) on the opening and possibly also when they first summon the Zords :) 

Aha, I had noticed you had been on a liking spree :D  Thanks!

One of my vaccinations (all Pfizer) my arm hurt so bad I couldn't lift it it had swollen up so bad.

Aww that's a sweet story. <3

I'll just borrow Imperator's reaction to that:

:D 

To quote Foggy Nelson in the original Daredevil movie:
    "As your Attorney I advise you to marry this woman!"
    (Annoyingly I could not find a gif of that :(  )
    I also see you have the Aussie variant ;) 

• Like Like x 13
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's more suited to the Takara Arms Micron spiked balls they suit the mould better.
    I'll be using the bulk knuckles with the new one next year assuming the tolerances work OK - that is an options too.
    The first edition is a far superior mould naturally - but this RID one is abit less finicky I guess.

Today I am listening too :

• Like Like x 8
  5. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Retro video-game soundtracks! A surefire way to summon @Large !!!

• Like Like x 7
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Postulation.

Is Anime deco Cliffjumper indication of the start of a new trend ?

Also as Kup and Hot Rod both have a repaint* (ore maybe more than one in the case of Hot Rod) does that suggest Blurr will get an alt deco other than SG one too ?

If so then all we need is to add some Targetmasters.

*New Version Studio series with no yellow hinges on the car roof.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Buzzworthy Bumblebee SS86: 04 II Hot Rod (Magenta Deco) CONFIRMED!!! :p 

• Like Like x 7
  8. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I only have one self-imposed rule: "sell more TFs that you buy", and it's been observed:
    0 times

• Like Like x 9
  9. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still at Heathrow. Her flight delayed by an hour. Arriving 9.56pm. Bollocks. Should have been 8.40pm.

I’m parked up in McDonalds carpark. Woofed down 20 nuggets and 2 cheese burgers. I did have dinner so didn’t want to go overboard. :D  I guess a coffee would have sufficed to secure the wait in the carpark. McD only allows for an hour in the carpark. Shame not 90 mins. Now I have to drive about to find somewhere else to wait before going to the short stay carpark. Refuse to pay extortionate parking costs in Heathrow airport.

Sounds like you had a raw deal there. Reminds me of my first AZ jab. Second one no problem at all. At least you are all done before Xmas.

Those moulds you mention and the Siege seekers are the ones I seem to have acquired a lot of. Did you get both Deep and Deep Deep Cover? I forget which one had the better blue.

Good to hear I’m not alone in this. Great story about your dad and doing a Steve Davis on you. I spent some of my teenage years down my local snooker club. Should have been doing my A levels but far more fun having a beer and wager on best of 3 frames with my mates.

Don’t do it @RoboW4rrior298. ;) 

You never opened any? lol.

I’m just glad my wife has got back as I had visions of her not making it back for Xmas. She has got caught out with having to test prior to departing and will have to do the same again when back home up to 2 days on arrival. Bit of a faff/ballache. Totally understand you mulling over whether to cancel based on current situation.

Haha. My office could pass as a toyshop now. Wife goes in and says where do you actually work... Sounds like you have a plan. Just make sure you have the other half on board.

Brendan, I’d say you are far more focused and organised on collecting than I am. I’d like to think I have acquired most of what I want and can take it easier.

Has collecting during the pandemic seen many of you acquire more figures than you would normally purchase? Or is it a case that the long time collectors in the group are very disciplined irrespective of distribution woes that we have been hit by?

Wife has called to say trying to get through passport control and baggage retrieval.

BBL. I’ve got a nice 90 mins to 2 hr drive home. Will be midnight when I get back home.

Enjoy your evening All.

• Like Like x 15
  10. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

I'll just leave this here for my fellow 80's kids then, still melts my brain that that this entire game is about the size of a modern email. The C64 SID chip really was a miracle worker.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    It’s an awful situation to be in, @w00dimusPr1me , but it sounds like it really was for the best as far as he was concerned. He’d have suffered more if he’d carried on, sadly. In those situations you have to only think about the person who is suffering and not the effect on those around them, but it sounds like you know that.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Is anyone using RED figures in their Generations collections?
    Would do an Alpha Trion, as don't necessarily need a transforming version of that old wizard.

• Like Like x 8
  13. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Looking at buying an Ark and saw this making me laugh:

Screenshot_20211211-233936.png

• Like Like x 16
  14. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Should I feel insulted?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Broken rules? Not buying any tf's till new year. Not gone crazy, but the odd one has popped in. Also, not getting mpm figures. That rule has broken.

There does seem to be a case of buying stuff in lockdown more than normal. But it is what it is.

Glad your wife made it back to the uk. Safe drive home.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    I'm feeling Christmassy.

Sausage hey, sausage sausage hey hey.

IMG_E0374.JPG

:) :D :cool: ;) :D :cool: 

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 21
  17. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  18. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Admit it, you posed him stood on the Sing Star Take that just waiting for the comments to roll in!

• Like Like x 8
  19. Shinsei

Shinsei Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  20. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I mean, it’s a picture I’ll Never Forget. :D 

• Like Like x 10