The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's Storm Jet so quite easy to Storm-something/Something-jet it but "Storm Jet" doesn't really say "Space Shuttle" to me, seeing as technically it's a "rocket ship" with rocket engines, no jets!
    Plus their base colour is off white compared to the prior Micromaster, and so some time ago...*Wobbly Video Flashback transition effect*
    Not before I get my Toy Colours Galvatron, dammit!

• Like Like x 7
  2. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Well thats Super7 Tarn and G2 Megatron pre-ordered. I was aiming on only getting Tarn, but the reveal that the G2 Megs gets his comic blue face and a hand that holds the extra Bludgeon head that will come with the Bludgeon figure was just too tempting. So that's some classic cover re-enactment going on next year (hopefully).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Possibly since it’s the first use of this mold. My money is on Armada Red Alert.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Appears to be an all new and Ford-licensed mould, my guess would be it’s a one-and-done like Netflix Bee as Ford will always want their slice; let alone any stipulations set out by Universal?

As always, I’m happy to be corrected….

• Like Like x 8
  5. motorthing

motorthing Not Inert.

News Credits:
    Gorgeous. And there's no doubt I'll end up with the Set at some point - it'll just be sub £100 when I do.

So the Haslab Rancor gets Fat, Sweaty Kebab-in-a-welder's smock Bloke as a desperation bribe? Hmmmmmm, tempting but still a no.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully this

Screenshot_20211201-205802.png

• Like Like x 8
  7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    That's got to be a joke right?
    Otherwise these sick fucks need locked up.
    I thought it was bad enough KFC tainted their gravy with mayo for that gravy burger, but this is a national tragedy.

Beautiful.
    And I concur.
    Think tyranancon is my favourite version of the Kingdom mold so far. Jurassic Park on the outside, evil dinobot on the inside.

• Like Like x 10
  8. RoboW4rrior298

• Like Like x 4
  9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 6
  10. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That’s coming tomorrow. ;) 

Thanks dude!

The JP93 mould is completely new. As it’s a modified Ford Explorer I can’t imagine we’ll see it used again for anything other than Jurassic themed repaints if at all.

There was a repaint of the Explorer planned planned for series 2 of Kenner’s Jurassic toyline back in the day, but it was ultimately cancelled. I’d love to see them do that, but it’s so obscure and niche it’s 99.9% certain they wouldn’t. There’s only a single picture of it in existence, from the old pack in catalogues.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    I'm afraid I must play curmudgeon here, I really hope T'Other Red gets a dedicated mould, although Legacy Skids having similarly unsightly knee blocks may not bode well on that front.

• Like Like x 6
  12. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Look, I'm not saying I buy plastic robots because it's cheaper than therapy, I'm just not not saying it.

PicsArt_21-12-01_21-20-56-862.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  13. RoboW4rrior298

If I had to define the last few years in a sentence that’d be it. How is this guy? Not attached to him but vaguely know of him, still loving my little Siege dude.

• Like Like x 7
  14. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

I would be tempted but what I really after is a junker G1 skids with a reasonably intact rear wheels and bumper so I can repair my original one, which was my first ever tf. Has anyone got anything suitable?

• Like Like x 5
  15. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef!

IDT have the Jurassic Park set in stock for preorder again. Got my order in. Will be keeping the Dino but the vroom vroom can take a long walk off a short cliff!
    If anyone just wants the car then keep me in mind!

Been a slow week for bots for me. Instead I bought some tools that I arguably don’t need!

• Like Like x 5
  16. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    :lol  Brilliant Bobby! Mad scientist…..

The toy gods have been kind to me tonight. As I’ve mentioned, my lad is wanting Fasttrack for Christmas, and was going to be heading for an online purchase as per the suggestions from you kind folk. Online Smyths says :
    762D9F40-F180-424E-BF10-C64C342D3F96.jpeg

Had to go to get a click and collect Xmas pressie for the little one tonight, a leapfrog laptop, and just went for a passing ramble down the TF aisle……

F87E8628-DAB7-488A-9833-E0E79768FCD9.jpeg

Score! Bargain price of £12.99 to boot!

• Like Like x 21
  17. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Warrior '96 by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Opened up the RSC Exclusive Elite Wrestlemania 12 Ultimate Warrior and it's pretty good.

Same body mould and articulation as every other Elite Warrior so far which is fine, the guy was like a walking action figure in real life and the parts Mattel have used work really well.

The headsculpt is another new one and the main paint apps on his face are excellent but the way the hair is painted is a bit splotchy and doesn't really show the sculpt at it's best, it's supposed to show the darker roots under the bleached hair he had at the time but it's a bit random and doesn't quite work as intended.

I have seen someone mod this head with the hair from another Warrior figure which looked much nicer but I'm not about to start cannibalising figures to attempt that so it'll do.

The entrance attire has all the right details printed on very nicely but the material is so thin that it's got no weight to it and is best put back in the box.

One thing that's new to me with Mattel Warrior figures compared to older ones I have are the way they've done the arm tassles as seperate pieces that peg into the arm bands.

This is an improvement to the older style where they were cast in one piece as it allows for a bit more movement and they can hang more realistically in a variety of poses. They do have a tendency to pop out fairly easily but with a bit of fiddling they look pretty good.

The knee pads also have some tassles that attach in the same way then the boot tassles are a one piece sculpt that fits nice & snug over the boots. I have a small blemish on the back of one of those pieces but I can't see it from the front so no big deal.

The wrist bands on this figure are reused from a couple of other Elite Warriors and are nicely painted as is the rest of the attire.

He comes with the following hands,

2 sculpts that might be all new as they're meant for doing a gorilla press pose. I tried it with Black Series Admiral Ackbar and he held him pretty well :D 
    2 closed fists
    2 grabby hands

The packaging insert folds out into a backdrop based on the entrance way for Wrestlemania 12. Pretty well done for what it is and it's the same size as the ECW one that came with the RSC Exclusive Cactus Jack as they share the same packaging template.

Of the 4 Mattel Warriors I have this is possibly the nicest even if it's not the most iconic of attires. The changes to the arm tassles and the new hands are a nice evolution from previous Elites and like most figures of him it's very colourful.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  19. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Diorama progress, just waiting on the sand to dry to repopulate. Steps have had a wash with both coffee and tea. Plinth and both thrones made from card. Just waiting on some tyres and a TV from ebay to complete IMG_20211201_215008.jpg IMG_20211201_210403.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
  20. Orion Ghia

Orion Ghia Co-Host of AARGH! MY OPTICS!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    For those of you that miss the good old days of MP where show accuracy wasn't the overriding priority and the carbots felt like the natural successors to Binaltech AND they didn't cost an absolute fortune. This guy is for you, he's really fantastic.

PXL_20211201_202738024.jpg PXL_20211201_202926149.jpg PXL_20211201_185342469.jpg PXL_20211201_190239142.jpg

• Like Like x 28