The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I have the Road Rage version, it's my only HasTak MP but yeah it's a pretty fun mold :)  glad you're enjoying having it back!

• Like Like x 7
  2. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks David.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Re the Haslab Rancor, I think Hasbro have really lost the plot with this one. Not only is it struggling to hit the target number of backers, but the number has actually dropped as people have pulled out.
    There are a couple of reasons behind this as I see it:
    A. There are too many Haslab projects - the collecting community isn't neatly pigeonholed into Marvel fans, Transformers fans, SW fans etc. There is usually a lot of crossover; toy collectors often collect multiple toy-lines. So pushing out multiple projects in a short period of time, as Hasbro have done, is forcing people to face the reality that the majority of us can't afford to back everything. I personally have backed both the Razorcrest and Star Saber, I couldn't justify the cost of another.
    B. Some of the projects, like the Rancor, aren't really special enough to warrant crowdfunding IMHO. The Rancor and the GI Joe Skystriker both feel like items that could/should have been released in stores. They are also massively overpriced for what they are. Ok, the Black series Rancor is bigger, but they have released several 3.75 scale Rancor's in the past, and at a fraction of the price...
    And C. The tier unlocks were incredibly disappointing to SW fans. Some repacked figures, a few skulls and a cardboard backdrop. That feels cheap, and certainly doesn't warrant the £330 asking price.
    A total cluster F### really. Let's hope Hasbro learn some lessons from this.

This is one of the biggest problems with eBay. The justification for the change at the time was that buyers wouldn't leave genuine feedback because they knew they would receive negative feedback in return from a seller. Great, so there are only bad sellers then are there? No such thing as bad buyers?! I have used eBay for many years, and I can honestly say I have encountered far more problems when selling than I ever have buying. There should absolutely be negative feedback for buyers, so that other people can be pre-warned of what they are dealing with.

Getting back to Transformers, I finally completed the Powerdasher trio! I originally passed on these guys as unessential, I never really looked at them as actual characters, and didn't even bother tracking down the G1 releases (and I do love me some G1!). But then I saw some pictures of them all together and that little collecting brain itch started, I'm sure some of you know the one... Suddenly I needed them! Cromar was easy, loads of him about. Zetar took a little longer to find at a price I liked but got there soon enough. But bloody Aragon has evaded me for months. Until now! :D 

20211201_123745.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    They are definitely better as a trio. I never really liked the originals as Transformers, I always felt they worked better as Diaclone toys with drivers, but their inclusion in WFC really makes them Transformers in my eyes, finally.

• Like Like x 7
  5. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's take your kids to work day!

Cheers @joetele for this flaming chunk of a bot!

_MG_2781-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    If you fancy a hunt for the set, which also has a neat pair of generic swords it's called the Valkyrja set and it's a Doctor Wu joint.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  7. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Amazon UK have my Mutant Tigertron listed as arriving tomorrow... but not dispatched, so I won't be holding my breath for it to arrive. :inquisiti 

• Like Like x 4
  8. danlevan

danlevan Well-Known Member

A well packaged and quick delivery from @AllSpark Ferret today! Much appreciated good sir.

[​IMG]

Bruticus felt a bit under-armed out of the box with no big gun so he's been given some of Astrotrain's extra weaponry which I think fits him nicely, and intentionally mis-transformed shoulders for a cleaner look that emphasises the cannons on his back.

[​IMG]

Now to try and find some space on the shelves to put them on..

• Like Like x 11
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

10. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    I think that'd be cool too, but I think the issue with cool concepts that weren't made is they may want to take a crack at making them or something similar in the future.

It was pretty cool but I think it was just a repaint of the astro squad or something.

Yep that's the one!

• Like Like x 9
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The Blurb said "ASTROSCOPE" so I did wonder if they considered just including a straight re-issue of one-third of the Minicon Space Team (the satellite lad) but just handwaving him as a "Micromaster", or if they originally intended a WFC Micromaster Re-do version like OS's Countdown? The former would make me feel even more justified in picking the full Armada team up!

P.S.: @GrahamFA Looks like TF-Direct still have some!

• Like Like x 8
  12. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

That did occur to me :-/

Huh, do you know if the Astro Squad repaint in the Bottropolis set was the one originally intended for Sky Lynx?

• Like Like x 7
  14. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

No that’s something to come home to….

image.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  15. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    My question is what happened to that vaguely star sabery design for starscream.

Astrosquad are great too!

• Like Like x 8
  16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    It's never too late for doing that original concept for 2008 universe galvatron at the right scale :p 

• Like Like x 8
  17. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Who was interested in my GI Joe bits on ebay? Can't remember who it was. You can have both for £75 shipped.

20211102_233642.jpg 20211102_234321.jpg 20211102_235127.jpg 20211102_234234.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  18. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Great mold, superb vehicle mode

• Like Like x 7
  19. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    The Jurrasic Price set is on UK Pulse - for £113. At that price it's still a Phukno from me.

Edit: it's up on SAF for £100 so obviously a bit better, assuming ID and Kapow will post later at similar.

MP Skids tomorrow. Allegedly.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

It was me, but I’m skint for the next three weeks now I’m afraid:( 

Hey look, it’s wave three of a line of figures that hasn’t even seen wave fucking ONE released yet - including yet another official non-transforming Tarn figure!

Absolute fucking pisstakers.

• Like Like x 5