The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Shite news that @w00dimusPr1me - thoughts with you sir.

Reflecting the weather outside…… Grim.

8BB4799C-0F63-44AE-8423-3623357482E6.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

@w00dimusPr1me So sorry to hear that news. Thoughts are with you and your family.

I really hope NWH does open with UCK?! That would be way too funny.

Charlie Cox is confirmed as being back in the MCU? That straight up legitimises the Netflix shows as MCU canon then. I hope the costume has a little revamp, it was a bit too dark for me to see any details properly. And let's get Frank back, with that damn skull chest going on. They did him awesome in DD S2, only to crap the bed in his own show.

There's an unseen 'Uncle' who is meant to be running things with the criminal gangs from the shadows in the Hawkeye show. We know nothing about him and only briefly saw a hand in flashbacks, but it could possibly be Fisk. This news makes me even more convinced it is him, and D'Onofrio back as him would be the icing on the cake. He really was perfectly cast as Kingpin. Though if they put him in a body suit to bulk him up, I hope they don't do a fat suit, but make it a muscle suit. After all, Kingpin has 98% body muscle, the guy is a freaking tank!

• Like Like x 8
  4. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Can you do a review of a toy you already own in a different colour? Maybe a cheeky quick one

Optus Nox has arrived!
    PSX_20211206_145817.jpg

Was convinced that I had no place for Pexus in my collection but all that articulation sold me on him as a one off. Then of course there's no place for Nox, but he does look a bit like Batman so.... Ugh I'm so easy.
    Man, he is everything I wanted from this figure.

The joints feel tighter, which in most cases makes them a touch too tight for comfort. But of course Pexus felt the same a year ago and he's perfect now. Possible downside is the fingers feel like the perfect tightness right so maybe they'll be a floppy mess in a year? Who cares, that's next year's problem!

The colours are what you expect in black red and teal but the highlights are so sparingly used, they really stand out so much more than the usual Nemesis Prime. That said, I do wish his knees had a splash of dark grey on them, maybe the same as the shins, they look a tad unfinished.

PSX_20211206_145640.jpg

Accessories: The sword is fucking ace. Love the way the Matrix is in the hilt. The broken mask head sculpt is so fucking good I don't think I'll ever display him with the other, maybe just to take some pics. Didn't think I'd be so into a grey and purple matrix, all my evil Matrixes (matrices?) have a red core. However that gives this a whole new life (or death) making this seem not like an evil Matrix, but a dead one. Again, I really appreciate the subtlety - purple is only used in the core of the two matrixes, very well done MMC!

There are two guns, where Pexus got four. I'm fine with that. The Pexus spares were great to give to some of my MPs but I don't need any more. If anything, the second gun is a spare given you have the sword. The guns are all black this time though and again the missing silver highlight makes them seem unfinished. I wish they'd used that dark shin grey again here. There's also a nice sheathe for the sword that plugs in great to either version of the mold.

There's also the cape - I'm not the person to review this, I've never owned a toy cape with a wire in it before, I'm already scared shitless of snapping it. That's going to happen, I've manifested it already. I'm okay with that but I'll take my time with that one.

PSX_20211206_150411.jpg

I'm lucky enough (thanks to the advice on this thread) to have gone for the PSX version. Can't say I particularly care for the extra box sleeve, but, uh, yeah, that spare head it pretty fucking badass.

Overall, Nox is not a quick one to pose and snap pics of. There's so much to do, adjust, play with, it's amazing. If anything, I think these colours will mean it'll take even more time to get it right, and I love that. I rushed through taking these because i'm excited but Pexus lived on my desk for a month, I imagine Nox is looking to do the same if not more. The best analogy I can think of as a mainline collector is that while I'm happy to do shots of my other toys or down them in chasers, Nox is something to take your time over, savour and sip.

PXL_20211206_151036766.jpg
    He also passes the most important test of all, ignore the rest of this review, he touches his toes so 10/10

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    The latest episode of Hawkeye teased what everyone thinks is Kingpin - so he may show up in that too in the last three eps.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I hope so too :) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    "Autosmurfs, transform and Smurf out!"

Wait, that ISN'T an a Optimus!?:eek: 

• Like Like x 7
  9. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Fittingly given the weather….

IDT are demanding payment for…. The Rainmakers!!

• Like Like x 10
  10. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Optimus Box?

• Like Like x 4
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Insurgent,
    Feige has said in the past that the MCU Daredevil costume will have the classic DD logo on the chest which would be awesome.

@Insurgent & @Rodentus prime,
    If that's how he's introduced then I'll never see it because I've no intrest in that particular series but I have no problem with that possibility as it'd get him in the continuity.

Had there been an MCU in the 80's the perfect Kingpin would have been wrestler King Kong Bundy,
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

Thanks all.
    It's genuinely appreciated and has cheered me up some reading all your nice words :D  (and apologies to those who may post anything after this)

He actually hasn't sadly but he's seen many pictures before he got as ill as he is now.
    My Grandma (his wife) actually passed before we knew about the pregnancy also, he's the last standing grandparent as my mum's parents both passed a couple of years ago now.
    The wife and I both agreed that a care home in the middle of a pandemic is perhaps not the best place for a 4.5 month old and given how bad my Grandad is after seeing him today, I doubt he'd actually know he was there.

• Like Like x 13
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Finally dug out the CW Box (well, lifted the CHUG box off the top of it) to put away me Repro.Man RipperSnapper blaster to "complete" the Terrorcons....aaaaand the gun's off-white isn't the same greyish off-white so the CW box got returned to stowage without it once more whilst I give it a bit of a colour match-y app! *Sigh*
    DSC_0117.jpeg DSC_0118.jpeg
    Maybe a little too little neutral grey in there but still closer to RS's cooler grey off-white.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Hang on a minute, that blue and grey bot holding that gun, that's not Rippersnapper.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah OK that makes more sense why people would care when you throw Starscream in there too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That's actually the first time I've been at all interested. The more creative the approach the better, in my opinion. Still, I'll probably be more interested in the redecos. We'll see.

See, I was going to say just that. Easily the best design of those guys.

But I tell you what. Here's an idea. Just savour this one. Let it roll around on your tongue for a while.

SS Arcee... as Drag Strip.

[​IMG]

Can you see it? In your miiiiimd?

Ha, it's nice to be reminded of the real world every now and then. Something like a quarter of teachers at my place have been off with Covid so far. I'm honestly amazed I've not had it yet. Weird to remember that that's not normal.

Don't tempt them. That's literally how they got hold of their knock-off, non-union Peter Cullen.

I've been trying hard to remember what happened in the comic series it's loosely based on. I don't remember who the eventual big bad was, but I don't think it was him? It's kinda weird, as the comic and the show have a lot in common, but the situations are really far removed. The Tracksuits were still dorks though.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That's Gubbins.
    He's a Neutral Cybertronian.:p 

Yeah, I've finally gotten wise enough to not repaint guns using the actual figure's mitts as a stand - too easy to accidentally redeco them too that way!
    In fairness Chris Latta is not losing out on a job here, of course I do not condone skipping surviving and/or non-union actors.

• Like Like x 8
  18. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Ger-Car mode.

20211205_211437.jpg

The head on Reboost makes me really want a toy head for Skids now.

20211206_171014.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  19. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

• Like Like x 11
  20. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Hope you're all pleased with yourselves. MP Reboost ordered. You've done it :D 

• Like Like x 11