The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

It’s kinda strange how any version of these fellas are a bit of a grail, I have no attachment to the Jumpstarters what so ever, although the Titans Return Twintwist and Topspin are still in my collections hall of fame for being some of the best deluxe Transformers ever. They do everything right.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hey folks! New vid up if you fancy it. :) 

• Like Like x 14
  3. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

That’s Pipes preorder gone in with Kapow, given that Puffer and Rager turned up the other day, it’s odd to have the repaints first!!

• Like Like x 10
  4. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

My Bro told me to pick a bot I like for around £65. Just at that, this guy appears on my feed. I’d been eyeing it up for a while as
    I’m a huge fan of the CW Magnus and this guy does lots of similar stuff but is different enough to justify grabbing! Hadn’t seen it anywhere for under £100 before then so didn’t think I’d ever snag one.

I haven’t had him out the box except to check he wasn’t broken or anything but can’t wait to try the transformation on Christmas Day.

I’d have maybe liked it if he was taller - but maybe his charm is in being more like a hammer wielding dwarven-esque vibe.

(Stock photos as I don’t trust myself to take him back out the box for a photo-op and not start posing him!)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I suspect a few things were added late going by the more random moments and animation quality in parts of the final episode.

Full wave of MOTU/WWE, £40

Masters of the WWE Universe Series #1 (Complete set)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shinsei

Shinsei Well-Known Member

I won’t spoil it for you, but all I can say is you chose a wonderful robot.

• Like Like x 5
  7. AcidStormReflux

AcidStormReflux Somewhere, a village is missing an idiot.

Rock & Roll Collectables have got a good sale on too as well as their usual selection of MOTU/WWE rare figures.

The WWE MOTU ring is currently down to £14.99 and I think the big one is down to £89.99 from £109.99

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kapow have 10% off any instock item with code BF10.

Its just a shame MPM-12 is now OOS

• Like Like x 9
  9. Siege Fan

That ring's worth owning just for standard MOTU figs!

• Like Like x 2
  10. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

Good to hear! Do you reckon £65 was a decent price To get it for? It seems to be in mint condition, box in good condition, instructions not opened. Don’t think it’s ever been transformed either. But can’t say for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    I second that. Mach Kick reissue (give me that sweet horsey hair tail) or a few 'domesticated' bots for the Scavenger lads to saddle up

[​IMG]

Or a modern version of this unreleased boyo.
    [​IMG]
    horse-jet. Yes please m'lord

I have been described as god-like by my many and varied lovers, but still being known to suffer the odd bought of existential ennui. ;) 

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  12. Shinsei

Shinsei Well-Known Member

Yeah for sure, I paid near enough £90 new when it released I think.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

That is some BS that GNT are pulling. I'm livid for you mate.

• Like Like x 5
  14. motorthing

motorthing Not Inert.

News Credits:
    Just had the Covid booster.....so that's me wincing like a gunshot victim if anyone even looks at my left shoulder for the next couple of days. There was a surprisingly long queue to get done which is...... encouraging I guess considering the general drift towards yet another slo-mo car crash.

Anyone know if IDT are really snowed in at present? Ordered an in-stock item on Monday and it's still not dispatched......that's not like them usually.

Toysarama have just sent out my MOTU Rev Wave 3 so that's something to look forward to next week. They've also got Faker in stock for cheaper than Forbidden Planet too.

Robots? Not really.

• Like Like x 12
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Ok, I'm gonna ask. Anyone near a smyths with a netflix soundwave willing to pick me one up? The nottingham one went before I had chance to go and now the closest to me is well over an hour away. Or know where one is available that isn't ebay's 80 quid plus?

• Like Like x 5
  16. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rattled off another email that was less blunt than the one I sent late last night/early hours of the morning that apologised for me being somewhat ‘miffed’ and asked if Artfire being in the Bf sale was an error and if not what they thought about that in the context of my purchase/customer journey. I can say I have had a reply from Nick the owner of GNT a few moments ago. He has said will be shipping my copy of Artfire today and will be refunding £3 to me as well. I am pleased they made that decision. The right decision and hopefully restores our confidence in them going forwards for potential future purchases.

I’ve received this half an hour ago. My PO of Pipes went in to Pulse yesterday. Totally agree it’s weird getting the repaints first.

96E70C3D-AF9E-445A-812C-3774F25C6EA1.jpeg 86162F71-7537-40F3-B938-E3A1E8B58C2E.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  17. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

On the subject of Geeky Nerd Toys, I have ordered from them twice. The first was a pre-order that they never filled. After multiple attempts to get an update from them I cancelled the order. It then took weeks and raising a paypal claim before I got my refund...
    The second order was more successful; I took a punt on some in-stock sales items, which arrived a few weeks later.
    I'm not sure where they source their product, but I suspect they are at the back of the queue in receiving stock, behind the bigger more established sites.
    The biggest problem with them is their lack of comms. I'm sure they must be inundated with emails and enquiries which must be very time consuming, but at the end of the day they are running a business, and IMO good customer service is paramount to making a success of that. If they responded a bit quicker to people, maybe they'd have less messages to respond to, as people wouldn't keep asking them for updates!
    I was miffed that I had to resort to paypal to get a response to my refund request. They also did not provide any shipping notification on the goods they did send out to me, the package just turned up one day out of the blue. As I said, piss poor communication.
    I have never ordered from Sonner, but from what I've read here, I'd lump them in the same boat.

My take is, GNT (and Sonner probably) are ok if the item you want is in-stock, but I'd avoid pre-orders like the plague.

Talking of pre-orders, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a ball-ache to get Slammer and Pipes. The last wave of a line is often iffy distribution wise, so nice to see plenty of stock of these guys around. Maybe Hasbro are finally learning? ;) 
    Now, where's my Blaster?!

I keep looking at X-Spanse in the sales, he has really dropped in price, but I can't quite pull the trigger. I do have some of the other crossover figures (Ectotron, Gigawatt and Maverick) but not sure if I'm feeling the X-Jet.... I think it's down to half remembering some dodgy reviews when he came out. Probably I'll panic later with FOMO and get him :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  18. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    That's proper decent. No company gets it right 100% of the time, how they respond to an error is the important thing.

Much better than being gaslighted by a mega-corporation; "no, Puffer and Road Ranger were never in the sale".

• Like Like x 9
  19. Siege Fan

Can't remember if I posted these but I know I didn't post the funky artwork,

20211125_190043.jpg

20211125_185952.jpg

The Sorceress had a quick danger **** before she dealt with the literal Horde outside. "Oooh, Master of Power Suction!"

20211125_172503.jpg

"Keep that away from me!" Even the sea creatures knew about Stratos.

20211125_172534.jpg

"'Leave him alone, they're dying out', Beastman?! Really?"

20211125_172553.jpg

Skeletor was about to understand why Jitsu was formerly called Chopper.

20211125_172607.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    The only item I really was hoping to see in a Black Friday sale was Axel Stone by Storm Collectibles. Comics and Cocktails have him in stock but not in their sale. Shame.

If anyone sees one, please let me know.

• Like Like x 4