The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

So just finished He-man Revelations. It gets my thumbs up.

Fisto and Clamp Champ...
    [​IMG]

Mutilated, murdered and condemned to hell

• Like Like x 9
  2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Me sir. 3 sets left. Doing them for £60 shipped for the pair.

download.jpeg mech-ideas-robot-man-salt-man_1_c9cbfef3f2e2a82488d092ca2218cb38.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'm kinda hoping...
    if it's not resolved off-camera between Seasons, should we get a 2, then I hope it's a side quest to Subternia during the course of the next adventure.

• Like Like x 5
  4. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Having bought a set from @CZ Hazard earlier this year, I can confirm they are awesome, and he is a top gent to buy from.

Definitely would be down for that.
    Did watching it give the itch for any more Eternia inspired Fozzilizer decos?

Passion for ships
    PicsArt_11-25-11.34.20.jpg

This little 'ooooh' face is just too much craic.

• Like Like x 17
  5. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Attaining oneness
    PicsArt_21-11-26_00-04-57-699.png

• Like Like x 14
  6. DrakenDaWolfy

DrakenDaWolfy Well-Known Member

Hate to be that kind of person, but has anyone seen Series-Inspired/Netflix Bumblebees anywhere? Online or local retail? Hell, I'd even take a KO. I'm mainly looking for one in collection and another to customise.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

been pondering some toyhax labels for a while (Jazz & Smokey) and when i finally decide to pull the trigger, they are out of stock. are they likely to get them back, or is that them done now?

• Like Like x 1
  8. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are welcome on the tip off from me re: Artfire on Amazon. I’m still waiting on my Artfire from GNT.

I’m a bit pissed off at GNT on Artfire like @CZ Hazard is with Hasbro Pulse regarding Puffer/Ranger going into the BF sale because GNT have done exactly that with Artfire. They still have my Artfire as processing despite having had the full amount from me since May. Sticking it in the BF they are doing is galling.

CFBD5B2C-664D-44D3-AE4D-88DDF66AE822.png A7E5FAFC-3C83-4A7C-9393-0D49C30AC1A8.png

• Like Like x 6
  9. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

[​IMG]

Picked up a bunch of stuff I still had away for me in FP - had to leave The Ark and a couple of other bits til next month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trailbreaker is fine - I still need to get Hoist too - with quite a nice transformation (despite the emptiness of the front end in alt-mode, which could easily have been filled with his forearms given an extra hinge/joint each), I think I lucked out on the QC with Tracks as his only real issues are ridiculously floppy hips - still hate that lower leg transformation SO VERY MUCH - and am as disappointed with Rhinox as I suspected I was going to be - another fucking awful lower leg transformation! Did make him look a little better by turning his lower jaw around, though...

[​IMG]

In hindsight I wish I'd bought the T30 one :( 

• Like Like x 7
  10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Just cancel the order and get a refund and then order it again in the sale price. That's bullshit.

• Like Like x 8
  11. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I saw that, that was my thinking but because it is at processing I don’t know if I will lose a portion of the payment. Having said that, the order has been in place for 6 months. I’ve got to re-visit the T&Cs.

I’m not buying anything else from there again.

Just got my Black Zarak order to ship from GNT. All paid off.

EDIT: @CZ Hazard

Just found this on GNT website. It’s late and I’m knackered. Under 1.18 I can cancel and get a full refund as I POd back in May. Easier if they refund the difference (£3.60) and ship my order rather than me cancelling and re-ordering.

12906DB1-B656-4BCD-AA40-CC3E2FA402A1.png

BF price = £36.99
    Postage = £3.20
    Total = £40.19

I’ve paid £43.79.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Similar sort of thing with sonner. Been chasing them over an order for ages, finally got them to ship out the stuff that was in stock and cancel the out of stock, only for a couple of the things they’re finally shipping to turn up in the sale, and they haven’t yet sent stuff out or started the refund for the rest of the order. Bleh.
    3C953E2A-A09F-4821-B731-9E23DE036779.gif

If anyone wants to roll the dice with them, they’ve some decent deals for BF. I won’t be touching them, though.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    Anyone bought from Onbuy.com? Just ordered a Prime Wars Trilogy Titans Return Repugnus for 37 quid delivered, what are my chances of receiving said item?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Kapow have Hoist for £13 in their sale so go quick if you are.

They've done the same to me.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_11-25-08.38.57.jpg

"A tracking device in the transformation cog? The Decepticon has betrayed us! Run!"

- The Transformers S04E15: 'Sector 7' (5/5)

They were in stock at Smyths and a few other places... about this time last year I think? Maybe a bit later? Anyway, they sold out pretty quickly and while you can probably grab them from the secondary market, it's not likely they'll be on shelves again. The vain hope is that the Goldbug rumoured to be included in another Buzzworthy four-pack might use the VW shell rather than the Cliffjumper one... but that's a very big 'might'.

• Like Like x 7
  16. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

If anyone has Pulse, but not bought Artfire yet - he's in their 15% off Black Friday sale for £38.24

• Like Like x 5
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Afraid not, though Stridor may have tickled the urge for a Horseformer - C'MOOoooooN, Hasbro!
    As @Pin sez, any out-of-stock sets you want are worth placing in your cart's 'save for later' as it seems that they may be doing demand-based runs of sets, I think it was at least a 4th or 5th run of Smokey sets before I managed to snag mine having missed previous restocks.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

There's Pipes preordered from saf. Nice and simple. Much easier than how it was the last two years certainly. And while I was there, spotted SS Grindor and Ravage for 20 quid. I wanted the little ravage, and though I like the blackout mould, I wasn't going to pay £55 for it. But for 20? Slipped in a cheeky order.

Looked at toyhax. Not enough of a discount to warrant purchasing any at this time. And trypticon is out of stock anyway.

Finished Revalations. I enjoyed it. I can't help but wonder
    if He Man's line at the end "It's not about us!" was added after all the hubub surrounding part 1. And wow, a god like entity having an existential crisis is not a good thing at all!

• Like Like x 7
  19. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Big love to @Skywarp SCS, always goes the extra mile and secured me the last robo turkey on the shelf at Christmas, very much obliged big chief you are a diamond.

I majorly cracked on getting him as the CW version as much as I love it, doesn't have the 'magnificence' that this breeze block of a figure has, c'mon feel the heft of it. Like a Unicron trilogy figure in terms of mass.

Stupid idea as a transformer really but really appeals to my childish brain.

Couldn't be more happier with him.. a commanding presence on the shelf... 2021-11-26-06-33-11-940.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Not how I read it
    It seemed to me exactly in keeping with Rev He-Man as actually well-adjusted highlighting he's not in it for the thrill of the fight, caught up in the clash of ego Skeletor thinks he's in but for the good of Eternia, see also him not mercing Skeletor for Sorceress' murder but recruiting him for the final fight, 100% proper He-Man SF Space Dad behaviour IMO.

So can we give Smith the Feige role for handling Superman stuff now, please?

• Like Like x 6