The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Kapow have Hoist for £13 in their sale so go quick if you are.

They've done the same to me.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_11-25-08.38.57.jpg

"A tracking device in the transformation cog? The Decepticon has betrayed us! Run!"

- The Transformers S04E15: 'Sector 7' (5/5)

They were in stock at Smyths and a few other places... about this time last year I think? Maybe a bit later? Anyway, they sold out pretty quickly and while you can probably grab them from the secondary market, it's not likely they'll be on shelves again. The vain hope is that the Goldbug rumoured to be included in another Buzzworthy four-pack might use the VW shell rather than the Cliffjumper one... but that's a very big 'might'.

• Like Like x 7
  3. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

If anyone has Pulse, but not bought Artfire yet - he's in their 15% off Black Friday sale for £38.24

• Like Like x 5
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Afraid not, though Stridor may have tickled the urge for a Horseformer - C'MOOoooooN, Hasbro!
    As @Pin sez, any out-of-stock sets you want are worth placing in your cart's 'save for later' as it seems that they may be doing demand-based runs of sets, I think it was at least a 4th or 5th run of Smokey sets before I managed to snag mine having missed previous restocks.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

There's Pipes preordered from saf. Nice and simple. Much easier than how it was the last two years certainly. And while I was there, spotted SS Grindor and Ravage for 20 quid. I wanted the little ravage, and though I like the blackout mould, I wasn't going to pay £55 for it. But for 20? Slipped in a cheeky order.

Looked at toyhax. Not enough of a discount to warrant purchasing any at this time. And trypticon is out of stock anyway.

Finished Revalations. I enjoyed it. I can't help but wonder
    if He Man's line at the end "It's not about us!" was added after all the hubub surrounding part 1. And wow, a god like entity having an existential crisis is not a good thing at all!

• Like Like x 7
  6. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Purple Member

Big love to @Skywarp SCS, always goes the extra mile and secured me the last robo turkey on the shelf at Christmas, very much obliged big chief you are a diamond.

I majorly cracked on getting him as the CW version as much as I love it, doesn't have the 'magnificence' that this breeze block of a figure has, c'mon feel the heft of it. Like a Unicron trilogy figure in terms of mass.

Stupid idea as a transformer really but really appeals to my childish brain.

Couldn't be more happier with him.. a commanding presence on the shelf... 2021-11-26-06-33-11-940.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Not how I read it
    It seemed to me exactly in keeping with Rev He-Man as actually well-adjusted highlighting he's not in it for the thrill of the fight, caught up in the clash of ego Skeletor thinks he's in but for the good of Eternia, see also him not mercing Skeletor for Sorceress' murder but recruiting him for the final fight, 100% proper He-Man SF Space Dad behaviour IMO.

So can we give Smith the Feige role for handling Superman stuff now, please?

• Like Like x 6
  8. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Whats the size and range of motion like on them? As it’s payday next week and they look pretty cool…

• Like Like x 3
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Oh I fully agree, and I loved that characterisation for He Man (never watched the 80's one and only watched the 03 version once when it first aired, so I'm not familiar with how he is usually portrayed). This right here is what a hero is about. Only using his strength and only calling on it when others are in trouble. It goes with him using his Adam form in Preternia, letting Skeletor have his 'Champion Form' in the final fight so he doesn't get splattered, it absolutely is in character for him to say that. And he's right, with all of existence at stake, Skeletor just wants to have his little fight and it's not about them. Probably reading too much into it, but there is a small part of me that wonders if it was snuck in. Although given how naturally it did fit with the scene, probably not, it was just the planets aligning for it's delivery (sorry, couldn't resist!).

And can we add to the quotable badass one liners for the ages list:
    "There's no where safe!"
    "There's one place. Behind me."

• Like Like x 7
  10. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

This big sod is rather charming.

I think because of how toys were identified in the first few years of the line this lead to much greater variety than a given new character would have today. And not variety for the sake of variety, it was purely a, “we need more toys”, situation.

Look at original Omega Supreme, Jetfire/Skyfire, even the differences between Microman and Diaclone.

• Like Like x 7
  11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    When they were released they were small deluxes, now they're just standard Deluxe size. Articulation is insane, more like standard action figures than Transformers. Fun transformation and huge fiddle factor with the weapons too.

Overall I think they're great fun.

• Like Like x 9
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

In a bid to light their darkest hour United have turned to....ze Germans.

Or one of them to be exact, Ralf Rangnick appears to be on the verge of becoming the interim boss for the rest of the season and will then become the club's first proper director of football and work with whoever the permanent manager is.

I didn't know who he was prior to a bit of Googling but having watched an interview from earlier this year on Sky's website I'm optimistic because above all else, he's got a very defined way of how he wants his teams to play, a word he used a fair bit was "intensity" which sounds right up Roy Keane's alley therefore making him the perfect enforcer,

"You're worried about your social media profile? Get out."
    "Stop crying, I only kicked you with my weaker foot. It's war out there. I'm preparing you."
    "Keep walking Paul and don't stop until you reach the airport.....if you actually want to do something useful you can send in Maguire on your way out and tell him I don't accept apologies, especially robotic ones. He'll wish he was back in that Greek jail."
    "Come in Cristiano, you're doing a grand job, more goals is just what we need. Want to be captain?" ;) 

Had a follow up call from the doctors yesterday evening which confirmed I can now reduce my insulin dosage due to the new tablet. Have been warned of a possible side effect in the form of a skin irritation in the downstairs region which I'm not exactly enthused about :mad:  If that occurs I have to get back in touch ASAP at which point I stopped myself from saying "No shit".

Newage Prowl has been posted from the ebay seller so looking forward to him, still waiting on shipping for Transform Element Scorponok and Newage Bumblebee & Cliffjumper from Show Z Store but I'm assuming both aren't in stock yet.

• Like Like x 6
  13. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    "Starscream!"
    From TF:UK#87 'Target:2006'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  14. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

Either contact them and get them to do it (they should legally and as a gesture of good customer service anyway as the product hasn't shipped).
    Or like others have said cancel it and re-purchase.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Short of combining that pretty much ticks everything I want in a figure, and they appear to have hammers…. I’m qualified in hammers…. I think they would make excellent Decepticons or Mercs

• Like Like x 7
  16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    The hammers are awesome. I've sold multiple sets to people who just wanted chrome hammers and to swap the chrome parts onto the regular colour.

The original Argentinian G2 recolours these are based on were actually Decepticons too. Although I've had people argue with me that there's no such thing as G2 Jumpstarters and they don't exist, despite me owning them!

IMGP2713.JPG

Oh, and you can torso swap to make the box art colours too.

Screenshot_20211126-092109_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  17. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve only had one PO with them for a Mcfarlane Warhammer 40k Lieutenant. Ordered in May when it was imminently due in stock. Never happened. Other sellers had re-stocks 6 weeks ago and the likes of IDT/Comics even discounted some of the same line several weeks ago. Sonner have been very slow to respond to me like others in here have experienced. Apparently I received a standard default reply. I’ve been fortunate to not have too much cash tied up with Sonners. They are poor communicators and slow to carry out refunds on cancellations. Like you, I won’t be using them again.

I think you were the first to get the low down on how slow to reply and action refunds after months of chasing. Thanks for the initial heads up to the group warning what we can expect.

Not a great customer experience is it. If they just communicated then I’m sure they would make life easier for both themselves and us.

I messaged them late last night explaining my position and stance. I said it doesn’t sit well for me as a customer and would have to re-think future purchases with their company. I referenced the BZ purchase where they have £130 of my cash for that.

Hopefully I havent jeopardised that. That order was placed with them back in March.

I normally stick with Comics / IDT and Kapow. I was irritated with SAF so have continued to avoid them. Amazon/Pulse become safety orders due to not requiring upfront deposit payments to secure the POs.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

It was good to see you mate, looking forward to a proper catch up soon….happy to be of service and can’t wait to see that sprawling TF city you must have amassed by now!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Completely forgot I had this on pre-order with Pulse. So Jackpot is today's #deskbot. He's neat. Nice that I get to experience the Jazz mold with fore-warning about the issues with the clear plastic and not replacing my RTS Jazz.
    20211126_090037.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  20. Orion Ghia

Orion Ghia Co-Host of AARGH! MY OPTICS!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Galvatron is absolutely livid that Ultra Magnus is almost too wee to ride on.

PXL_20211125_132501363.jpg

• Like Like x 17