The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're not wrong. Sparktoys made two of my favourite Transformers of all time in that pair, and that they tanked before Grimlock is a crying shame.

• Like Like x 7
  2. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Incidentally, smiths have further reduced some of their masterverse stuff. Only Lyn near me, sadly. Or maybe for the best after the lego beating my wallet just took

• Like Like x 5
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Many thanks for this, giftcard used!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Xbox One / Xbox One s (is the vanilla follow up to the XBox 360)
    There is also an Xbox One S "Digital edition" which I don't recomend anyone buying really
    XBox One X Is the more powerful version that plays the same games a bit better

Both of those have mechanical hard drives but are compatible with External solid State Drives if you want to get one of those.

The contempary machines are the
    Xbox Series S (coloured white with a large black circle on the top) It is very slightly more powerful than an XBox One X in that it has built in Ray Tracing hardware - but in many respects it's almost the same as the previous generations XBox One X most games run at 1080p or 1440p

Then there is the best (current machine) the XBox Series X (a big black lump) looks a bit like a tiny fridge.
    That is about the same power as a lower end 30 series PC Graphic Card. and it has a physical disc drive as well as the digital download functions for games and it is supposed to be running things closer to 4K than the Series S.

Personally I think a cheap second hand Xbox One isn't a bad buy - but it's not going to have really long legs - but you can still get plenty of use out of it.

I went with a Series X as I didn't have a One X and it was only a bit more money so since I could drop £200 worth of Nectar vouchers on it it was appropriate for me.

So basically if you want to game on an 85" living room TV go with the best you can afford, if you are gaming on a smaller TV in bedroom it matter a lot less. But bare in mind from 2022/23 more games may appear that only work on the Series S/X.

But if you can pick up an Xbox One S or X for a good price it's not a terrible buy.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    Those Revelation figures appear to have bombed over here, they seem to be on sale everywhere and not many of them are unavailable.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_11-23-10.00.44.jpg

"Preliminary results of the robotic asset are positive, Colonel."

- The Transformers S04E15: 'Sector 7' (3/5)

• Like Like x 13
  7. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Came home yesterday to discover a parcel just sitting in the doorstep for anyone to nick. Deliveries are certainly all messed up at the mo.

My deepest condolences to you, your wife and your family.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Haha my rules are flexible enough to contain one of each seeker (incl coneheads) I'm not a monster.

As long as it's a different character with a decent bio/screen-time/comic presence it gets a pass.

I'm more trying to limit myself from hitting situations where I have say MP10, Magic Square, ER OP and the new core class OP which are all G1 Prime.

• Like Like x 11
  9. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    This is absolutely awful news, chum. There's literally nothing I can say that will help but I wish your wife and her family (and you of course) the very best and hope that things can go as well as they can under the circumstances. Here if you need to chat. x

• Like Like x 2
  10. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Energon Landquake, one of the best repaints EV4R

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  11. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Cheers, all!!!

That'S AWFUL. I'm so sorry, Gary. Take care of yourselves!

Loved the stinger for a potential follow up. That's my man right there!

"?"
    From TF:UK#79 'Target:2006'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  12. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Recently did this - with the stock lottery and high prices on Series X and PS5, I snagged an Xbox One X at a decent price with a 12 month warranty.

With life as busy as it is, I only really get to game in small chunks when the Mrs is studying so it’s perfectly functional and sufficient for my needs.

Will absolutely upgrade in the future but in no hurry whatsoever.

• Like Like x 8
  13. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Good enough review to make me order one from Kapow. Looking at my BB toys I do like the first Masterpiece, but I still think the first classics figure it my favourite. It's a lovely update with some actual thought in to his design (he looks like a kid wearing big trainers and a hoodie!) I'm always a fan of variations on the standard designs and I do have to give credit for them attempting the impossible here (sci fi alt mode, robot mode that's clearly based on a VW Beetle).

Anyone know any good filler or upgrade kits? I saw on on Etsy for £3 but it also had a £15 delivery charge.

• Like Like x 4
  14. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Oh god, that's awful! My deepest condolances.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

THAT would be a nice repaint - the Cyborg Bat-Tyrannosaurus from the otherwise excruciatingly awful Death Metal series.

I wish they'd ignored all the whinging, kept the red parts from the original proto and added more to go full-on Maximum Dinobots. Would have helped differentiate him from the possible MTMTE version more. (Not that I won't buy both anyway :D )

That Sparktoys WW Grimlock situation really pissed me off, particularly when Civil Warrior came out - there was a proto of Grimmy right there, but instead they give us yet ANOTHER Prime.

Hopefully, one day.

I'd also like to see the Beast Mode Dinobots from Maximum Dinobots too, but they're pretty niche I guess.

• Like Like x 4
  17. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

DAMN! Now my ML Human Torch is on the way from Pulse - They are really fling the stock out the door this week.

Even more insane, Yodel have (yesterdays) Jackpot, Road Ranger and Puffer out for frigging delivery.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Hello poppets! Just a few bits for sale.

Tr sixshot - had to do some pin removal surgery on one of his legs as a joint was reversed, but if there's any damage it's not easily seen! 34 posted.

Potp rodimus - stickers trimmed on trailer to stop rubbing. £20 posted.

Sealed Origins lot- please note the damage where the price tag was removed! £50 posted for all 3.

IMG_20211124_104119486.jpg IMG_20211124_103603372.jpg IMG_20211124_103550751.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Origin Bee is a HUGE win for Hasbro. He’s fantastic, genuinely going to sell on my MAAS toys Cybertronian Bee.

ONLY problem I have with him is I wish his accessories were painted like they are on the back of the box. I’d have been happy to sacrifice two of the Energon rods if it meant we got more paint. Would have been nice if they came with a storage canister or even just a clip to peg them into. Into the accessory bag they go!

27716CDC-345E-42A1-9566-874A81FD7C62.jpeg C613783F-4352-4E8A-B436-C3EA46066176.jpeg 160B248F-ADB3-4451-971B-C31EEA03556C.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, and same in America. The discourse around the show was so bad it was probably inevitable. It makes me wonder how many of the characters from part 2 will hit shelves with a potential knock-on effect for the line's 'history of MOTU' aspirations.

Enjoy :D 

• Like Like x 3