The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Cheers, all!!!

That'S AWFUL. I'm so sorry, Gary. Take care of yourselves!

Loved the stinger for a potential follow up. That's my man right there!

"?"
    From TF:UK#79 'Target:2006'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Recently did this - with the stock lottery and high prices on Series X and PS5, I snagged an Xbox One X at a decent price with a 12 month warranty.

With life as busy as it is, I only really get to game in small chunks when the Mrs is studying so it’s perfectly functional and sufficient for my needs.

Will absolutely upgrade in the future but in no hurry whatsoever.

• Like Like x 8
  3. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Good enough review to make me order one from Kapow. Looking at my BB toys I do like the first Masterpiece, but I still think the first classics figure it my favourite. It's a lovely update with some actual thought in to his design (he looks like a kid wearing big trainers and a hoodie!) I'm always a fan of variations on the standard designs and I do have to give credit for them attempting the impossible here (sci fi alt mode, robot mode that's clearly based on a VW Beetle).

Anyone know any good filler or upgrade kits? I saw on on Etsy for £3 but it also had a £15 delivery charge.

• Like Like x 4
  4. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Oh god, that's awful! My deepest condolances.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

THAT would be a nice repaint - the Cyborg Bat-Tyrannosaurus from the otherwise excruciatingly awful Death Metal series.

I wish they'd ignored all the whinging, kept the red parts from the original proto and added more to go full-on Maximum Dinobots. Would have helped differentiate him from the possible MTMTE version more. (Not that I won't buy both anyway :D )

That Sparktoys WW Grimlock situation really pissed me off, particularly when Civil Warrior came out - there was a proto of Grimmy right there, but instead they give us yet ANOTHER Prime.

Hopefully, one day.

I'd also like to see the Beast Mode Dinobots from Maximum Dinobots too, but they're pretty niche I guess.

• Like Like x 4
  7. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

DAMN! Now my ML Human Torch is on the way from Pulse - They are really fling the stock out the door this week.

Even more insane, Yodel have (yesterdays) Jackpot, Road Ranger and Puffer out for frigging delivery.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Hello poppets! Just a few bits for sale.

Tr sixshot - had to do some pin removal surgery on one of his legs as a joint was reversed, but if there's any damage it's not easily seen! 34 posted.

Potp rodimus - stickers trimmed on trailer to stop rubbing. £20 posted.

Sealed Origins lot- please note the damage where the price tag was removed! £50 posted for all 3.

IMG_20211124_104119486.jpg IMG_20211124_103603372.jpg IMG_20211124_103550751.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Origin Bee is a HUGE win for Hasbro. He’s fantastic, genuinely going to sell on my MAAS toys Cybertronian Bee.

ONLY problem I have with him is I wish his accessories were painted like they are on the back of the box. I’d have been happy to sacrifice two of the Energon rods if it meant we got more paint. Would have been nice if they came with a storage canister or even just a clip to peg them into. Into the accessory bag they go!

27716CDC-345E-42A1-9566-874A81FD7C62.jpeg C613783F-4352-4E8A-B436-C3EA46066176.jpeg 160B248F-ADB3-4451-971B-C31EEA03556C.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  10. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, and same in America. The discourse around the show was so bad it was probably inevitable. It makes me wonder how many of the characters from part 2 will hit shelves with a potential knock-on effect for the line's 'history of MOTU' aspirations.

Enjoy :D 

• Like Like x 3
  11. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Ooh. Sonner finally got back to me (after emails on the 2nd, 10th, 16th and yesterday) to say they're sorry they've been slow, but they are quite busy at this time of year and they'll have in stock items of my preorder sent to me this week, and and the rest cancelled and sent to their account department for refunding at some point after that.
    Of the stuff that definitely hasn't come in stock, they've still got no etas so I figured it wasn't worth messing around waiting for them any more. No idea what has come in, but doesn't look like much, I don't think.
    Still, the refund will cover last night's lego splurge.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    New arrivals!

8E4C0BD4-6B45-4918-940A-A4A8D86603FA.jpeg

30FE9746-86A2-4255-8C61-F3536C6E3754.jpeg

• Like Like x 22
  13. G1 Mirage Owner

• Like Like x 12
  14. Siege Fan

It's great to see them but they're a little too comic book accurate for me. I'll keep an eye on them though :) 

• Like Like x 4
  15. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    I'll be needing that Dredd on a bike, then I'll be waiting to see the 6" which is what they know most people are actually waiting for.

I've already got the 6" Comic Action Heroes Dredd and it's not bad, but it's made by the former Toybiz so it's badly bandy-legged now and the articulation is like 2005 Marvel Legends - ie: it could do with an upgrade.

And I'd love some ABC's and a Strontium Dog as minimums from any further Line.

Yodel have delivered my Hasbro swag - which is great and all with the less than 24-hour delivery but of course their webtracker had it out for tomorrow so muggins is currently sitting in traffic (didn't we abolish traffic for the Pandemic?) On the Old Kent Road wondering just who they delivered to........neighbours, Bins, Skip over the road?

• Like Like x 9
  16. Siege Fan

Just realised what that Revelation Faker head reminded me of, an ABC warrior!

• Like Like x 4
  17. G1 Mirage Owner

Did they also make a Johnny Alpha in that line? I think I have both of those figure somewhere.

Rebellion could make a fortune out of me with Hammerstein variants alone.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Divebomb

Divebomb "Not without incident"

I had a Judge Anderson figure, can't remember who made it at the time. Maybe MAC Toys, although that may have been my Faith from Buffy figure.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

The new pics on the main page seem to support my original supposition that it's some kind of land speeder type thing, especially with those prongs/spikes sticking out the front giving some more shape. Also the tilt of the chest window gives it a cockpit kind of look.
    To be honest, that joke pic of them as Snow Speeders might not be too far off, they do seem to have a similar vibe.

Also re: Origins Bee. I seriously wonder if he was originally going to be in Siege. The reason being that he seems heavily COMBAT compatible with ports on his shoulders, back and sides of his shins, and in vehicle mode he has the one on the top of the saucer as well as the two on either side, losing only the shoulder ones in vehicle mode (or are they still accessible? I don't have the figure to hand but don't the shoulders fold such that they end up facing each other?)
    Not to mention the style of joints is consistent with the stronger joints used in WFC - the only balljoints being used for the back panels of saucer mode.

Meanwhile the Netflix one has no COMBAT ports as I recall? Or maybe one where the shield can be attached to his back?

I suppose if he had been in Siege he would have had more paint in the form of battle damage etc but it's all good.

I actually don't mind the weapons being black and not silver. TBH I think I might even prefer it that way :) 

I think he's now my preferred G1 Bee but then that shouldn't surprise regulars in this thread as I'm a well known fan of Cybertronian modes :D 

Edit: And part of me is wondering if I should have held off for the Premium finish Magnus for my Undead Magnus custom as more of him is the grey plastic look and he's got the damaged smokestacks and stuff :-/ on the other hand isn't he also overpriced?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  20. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    Pulse con exclusive somebody's arse! IMG_20211124_124729.jpg

And yes I did pick up a cheeky Pancake Bee for my troubles........

• Like Like x 15