The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Jackpot and the tiny trucks are on their way, but I'm still waiting on Pulse explaining my reject Goldbug even after a reminder...

• Like Like x 3
  3. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

I don't suppose anyone has heard from Sonner lately? I last reply I got was on the 16th, from an email I sent on the 10th, which was following up on an unanswered email from the 2nd.
    At this point I'm thinking I might just put through a PayPal case and try to get my money back that way because they really are terrible at communicating. (Unless the communicating is posting lots of pictures on social media, of course)

• Like Like x 5
  4. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    And just like that, the absurdity of the repaints arriving before the Original is even on order becomes apparent. Road Something and Puff Diddley have left the building!

Great

• Like Like x 7
  5. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought I was seeing double. ;-)

I had one really bad experience with ShowZ and have never used them again. Maybe I should give them another go to vindicate themselves.

I totally agree on the hybrid toon/toy you can achieve.

I’m knee deep in plastic bots and have quite a few figures unopened. I’ve got some decorating to do as well but have been putting off. Maybe in the new year I may get round to it. Lol

Acoustic Wave is a beaut. I hope you get to display him in the way you would like to.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

Toyhax sale is pretty decent. I have been inning and seeing for ages over the Titan class stickers as they were $45 which is a lot to splash out on really. But $36 is slightly easier to swallow really. Trypticon was out of stock which was a pity, still saved $27 overall!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone here know owt about the current and nearly-current gen games consoles? I've been asked by a descendent to look into the Xbox One... am I right in thinking the "Xbox Series X/S" are an enhanced/updated version, and the One still runs current-gen games albeit not as smoothly as the Series ones? Considering getting a One on ebay...

• Like Like x 2
  8. John Burrows

John Burrows Well-Known Member

Meant to post this morning that I've spoken to them and they've confirmed 20% off is the best they'll be doing for Black Friday.

If anyone wants stuff, get it now before it sells out as it won't be going cheaper ! Well - I hope it doesn't as I've just put my order in :D 

• Like Like x 6
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

If you can find an X/S for retail on eBay go for that one, the One is outdated but to my knowledge still holds up fairly well. My brother is the Xbox gamer and he’s still got his One from 2013 that works okay it just sounds like the runway at Heathrow Airport at times apparently :p 

Honeslty, depends what games they play also. If they’re looking to play games like arcade racers such as Need For Speed the One is just fine for that :) 

• Like Like x 6
  10. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

They're different generations of consoles. But what's confusing is that Microsoft now do an entry-level and "pro" console for each generations. The Playstation numbering system is a bit easier to understand, but basically...

Xbox One = Playstation 4
    Xbox Series = Playstation 5

The XBox Series X is the equivalent of the PS5. Roughly the same power. The Series S is a cut down version that only plays digital games and can't hit as high resolutions/frame rate, but every game that can be played on the Series X can be played on the Series S. There's also an X/S split for the XBox One (the originally release was just called the XBox One, and then they released a One S which was roughly the same power in a smaller box and the One X which was more powerful).

Further complicating things is that there's back compatibility between the current generations and the last. So an XBox Series S/X can play XBox One S/X games, but not the other way around (in the same way that a PS5 can play PS4 games but a PS4 can't play PS5 games). A lot of games have shared releases, for lack of a better term, so you can but the XBox One version and if there's an XBox Series version it'll automatically upgrade it when you install the same.

I should note that the Series S is still more powerful than the One X. Basically, unless you see one that's an absolute bargain, I'd probably go for a Series S over the XBox One. That console is essentially 8 years old and we'll probably start shifting from "Xbox One games enhanced for XBox Series" to "XBox series games with a cut down version available for Xbox One" over the next year.

Also, yes the naming system is absolutely ridiculous. Microsoft seemingly looked at Nintendo confusing everyone with "Wii U" and thought "that's a great idea, let's copy that!"

• Like Like x 10
  11. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

In a fitting display of ironic weirdness, I couldn’t find Thunderwing today, he had ended up in a tub of paints that also had Galvatrons matrix in the bottom of it…. The matrix quest was clearly on lol

• Like Like x 8
  12. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Xbox One, or XBONE, is at the end of its life cycle. This means that it can offer:
    - penultimate generation graphics: not the latest stuff, but still pretty advanced
    - a vast catalogue of games
    - massive discounts on hardware and software

This is the best time to enjoy a XBONE. However, I recommend buying it somewhere you can get a warranty from.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Buzzworthy Bumblebee Origin Bumblebee mini review...

It's a little weird seeing the box initially, it looks like a promo item between the art and him looking even more titchy in there.

20211122_133329.jpg

All that 'green' effort then they sellotape the bloody thing...

20211122_133622.jpg

Anyway, he's one of my favourite figures this year on sheer playability alone.

20211122_134911.jpg

Unfortunate but necessary leg kibble aside, he's got tight joints and great articulation because of his alt, no fucking forearm gaps because his hands drop into them (where possible this is what's needed, Hasbro, or just stop being so fucking cheap)... er, he's got arguably more of a Bumblebee yellow and facesculpt to him, and his accessories are mostly brilliant:

20211122_135751.jpg

In use the backpack is great fun and the gun's neat.

20211122_135344.jpg

The rods have a bit of a problem in that Bee himself can't hold them :rolleyes: , and only characters with gripping hands can even attempt to. Only leader class and up can grip the bases while any articulated hands need positioned to faux hold them in the middle (literal balancing act, they slide about). Only Jetfire holds them properly from what I tested. It would have been so much easier to have the ends pop off.

20211122_140656.jpg

20211122_140739.jpg

I'm getting more fun out of this Bee than his Netflix predecessor. He's not as serious looking, has the Autobrand, isn't quite as tiny, and comes with a proper gun.

20211122_141219.jpg

The alt however... probably not for everyone. Transformation is very much flexing plastic and hoping it doesn't break over time or you don't scrape the layered yellow paint on clear plastic. Speaking of which he's like Sunstreaker in that sense but much less noticeable section to section.

You might find pieces popping off though during transformation, like these wing pieces around his knees (that's right, the Bee's knees are a problem :p ).

20211122_141917.jpg

What you're left with is reasonably OK IMO but maybe not a must have for many. I'd argue it needs a stand to get the most from it and black paint pokes through the panel lines, with some of the tolerances and connecting points not quite happening.

20211122_142935.jpg

20211122_143201.jpg

20211122_142820.jpg

The figure itself is tipped into greatness for me because of the basic posing functionality so often missing/ruined by floppy joints/gaps, and the little accessories that make him proper fun. Despite transformation flaws the alt is silly fun too.

Can definitely recommend, Bee+.

• Like Like x 14
  14. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

Those aren't chainswords, they're his loafers! He's waving his shoes around....

Have you got a link you can share? Almost everywhere seems to be out of stock of the Toy version of prowl & Barricade

• Like Like x 6
  15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hokay, I just put into my order for SS86 Grimlock, due Friday. If he doesn't end up dazzling me.... I'm blaming you. :mad: :mad: :mad: 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone. I knew you'd know :)  Some context: my kid understands that I am not in a position to drop five hundo on a games console (though, as I just got a new job, maaaaybe I will in years to come) and in fact their current machine is a Wii, so even previous-gen machines are going to be a big improvement! Second-hand Ones are about half the price of Series S machines...

Even when I kept up with contemporary gaming I had a retro streak. I think the only current machine I've ever owned is a PS1, when they came down to £160 but long before the PS2 appeared. I gravitate to games with blue sky, where you get three lives and collect things. And if you get 100 of a thing, you get another thing! (Am hapily channeling the long-defunct gaming website UK RESISTANCE here)

• Like Like x 6
  17. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Phwooo and I was excited before!

• Like Like x 6
  18. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Well that is good enough for me - Scourge is Thundercracker and Cyclonus is Skywarp: :cool: 

• Like Like x 12
  19. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

• Like Like x 3
  20. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazed they finally committed to a stance on it!

• Like Like x 4