The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear about your mum's health taking a turn Jon. Love to you and your family.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks man. We're in month 10 of the 6-8 they gave her. Of course we are - this bloodline is fucking relentless. Dismantled a downstairs bed this morning, one that took me three goes to get right building and was only used for one week before the more suitable for her current condition hospital bed arrived today :lol 

Standard.

She remains brilliant, especially in the late stages of this cunting disease. Her smile is absolute and she's still there even if the words aren't, regardless of what it continues to strip away physically and mentally. Hate the moments when it's perfectly clear how aware she is of what's happening to her, yet can't articulate how she feels. But you can see it in her eyes. And you can guide a conversation, such as it is, based on that and bring things back around. Dementia can suck my ass.

Oooft, heavy. Someone piss someone else off quick :confused2 

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 23
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    G1 is shit, Unicron Trilogy FTW

• Like Like x 10
  4. Napalm

News Credits:
    I wanted controversial. Not fact.

• Like Like x 14
  5. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    :D  Should have said Kiss Players is the best thing to come out of transformers but I do like my membership on these boards and the members on it so definitely not an image I’d want associated with me thank you! ;) 

• Like Like x 7
  6. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Was going to say I'd sort you one out cheap but saw your later post that you found one.

There was so much in Sonner's Black Friday sale that I wanted but I couldn't risk pulling the trigger after so many people have had problems with them recently. It's a shame cause I found them great in the past.

You could have fucked him over big time on the refund by meeting in person and telling him you'd refund by PayPal. He'd have no proof of return so you wouldn't have to refund. I'm sure some other sellers would have done that after being messed around like that.

There's a buyer on eBay who buys Hot Toys, breaks them then opens a return. When he sends them back it's just the broken figure in a bin bag without the box or any packaging but wanting a full refund. As far as eBay are concerned he's made the return so the seller has to refund. Some people seem to be genuinely a little crazy.

Definitely adds. Napalm's blood is 98.4% vintage whisky and this transfers to his saliva. Not only are the toys now sterilised, Covid proof and nice and shiny, they also smell a little like Play-Doh in that way whisky does.

Sorry to hear you're having hassle with them. I don't think they are deliberately being obtuse but I think they've tried to grow too quickly and have bitten off more than they can chew. No consolation to you of course and I hope you get your refund.

It's funny cause the GI Joe Skystriker is also about to fail which isn't surprising seeing as Hasbro have given it zero publicity, but it's their own IP. I would imagine that Lucasfilm weren't pleased with the way the Rancor was going and it'll reach production even if Hasbro have to fund it through sock accounts.

At least they've been kinda honest about the situation with their IG post. They got greedy and it bit them in the ass.

Nail on head. Every project smashed the target so they were deliberately shit with Star Saber and it still went through all the tiers, so they took it a step further with the Rancor where it was repainted figures and crap accessories. Now it's dead on its arse so they've had to pull something out of thin air to save it.

Skystriker will fail next week and then Haslab will have to start taking steps back and actually offering value again rather than just presuming fans will throw money at any old tat.

Beautiful pics of Puffer, a beautiful figure that I feel somewhat bitter about.

As hard as it is for you, your presence will be of huge support to your dad and he'll appreciate it more than you'll know. I'm sure you're also a great comfort to your mum, especially in those awful moments when she's fully aware of her condition. You have a unique ability to make things better just by being you and I'm sure that's much more pronounced for your loved ones.

And Frenzy is, always has and forever will be Azure.

• Like Like x 13
  7. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_12-01-09.13.14.jpg

"Go! The way to the surface is clear! I'll hold them off!"
    "I'm helping!"
    "Not now, Swerve!"

- The Transformers S04E16: 'The Bitter Cup'

One criticism I have is that there didn't need to be so many heads without glasses. I'd have rather had four different expressions with glasses and only two without. I don't think I'll be getting very much use out of the three it has, to be honest.

Also I'm a little concerned about the lack of air holes in the ball sockets, especially on the wrists and neck. Makes me worried undue strain is being placed on the joints when switching pieces out.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  8. Napalm

News Credits:
    I'm more concerned about the fact we're plugging into gold plastic each time we swap out the hands.

Been stealth charged for GalvaTRON. Not quite sure why I'm ending up with three versions of a toy that carry deep and different flaws in each flavour but as a Transformers fan I think the answer to that is just subconsciously shelved and forgotten.

• Like Like x 10
  9. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

@Napalm: sorry to hear that your mum’s condition is worsening, Jon.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Tumblr_l_865782214365197.jpg

I continue to stare at this and wonder how we so thoroughly lost God's grace. But hey, a sex toy with a robot arm, there's always that.

Is it that kind of gold plastic? I'd be surprised if that's what MMC use.

• Like Like x 9
  11. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

We are once again being punished for going to sleep:

• Like Like x 7
  12. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Big man squeeze on your personage sir!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Orion Ghia

Orion Ghia Co-Host of AARGH! MY OPTICS!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Check out my insta ;) 

Sorry, not sorry.

TBH I wasn't gonna get either of these, but a friend reminded me that I often bemoan how much I miss Binaltech and the old days of MP... So when offered it I should grab it with both hands. Rather glad I did.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Thanks for the thought though Morg - as always, appreciated.

Much love for you @Napalm Stay strong, brother.

Drop some controversy….. Hmm…..

Franchise wouldn’t be the powerhouse it is today without the Bayverse!

:bay 

• Like Like x 13
  15. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Mrs. SCS has just uttered words, that as a loving husband I never want to hear.
    These could have serious and long lasting ramifications for our marriage….

“Since you’re off today, do you want to go to IKEA?”

o_O :eek: 

• Like Like x 20
  16. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just landed back in the UK..

Pakistan was fun. My cousins son is a transformers nut in the making .. his 4th birthday party was part of my visit. This was his cake;

711E3EB9-C5AA-4092-A55A-25EC9BD3D86A.jpeg

And my other nephew and niece were randomly singing the night begins to shine which we subsequently had many sing alongs to.

Also watched some of the later episodes of teen titans go and noticed a familiar looking and familiarly voiced big red dragon.

it was fun being with family , I spend most of my time alone in the uk. Gives you the warm and fuzzies

but I really hope none of you ever have to misfortune of having to fly out of Islamabad international airport. What an absolute shit show

I love this cool, crispy, English air.

Yeah he’s been in the collecting game way longer than me .. I have turned into a glorified international transformer courier as he has given me a bunch to try and flog on eBay to finance his intercontinental crack addiction

@Imperator
    I like wheelie since he looks okay perched on grimlocks shoulders .. but this Daniel is genuinely useless

I think I’m responsible for roughly half of his figures .. he has friends in the US who also bring him figures and when he used to travel around Asia he also found a few (he told me he picked up overlord for around £5 from the Philippines)

there’s also a bunch from the tower I transported which he still hasn’t opened out of some combination of shame and glowering looks from his missus

• Like Like x 15
  17. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's been happening for quite a while. My last AJP MP was Lio Convoy as most releases before and including were always been delivered first by Omega/Kapow/Indemand

• Like Like x 6
  18. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    @Napalm sorry brother. Went through something similar a few years back. much love to you and the family.

excellent stuff!

Shit guys, don't get me paranoid about swapping heads and hands. Agree about the no glasses thing though, also, I'm pretty convinced I'm going to inhale his glasses accessory at some point.

@IrnBro welcome back. Man, gotta rate your cousin managing a collection that epic without being able to actually grab new figures from shops or ebay or whatever. Good stuff.

• Like Like x 10
  19. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My controversy:
    Despite all the moans, we're getting definitive G1 versions of all the characters. We'll have a lot of completed collections over the next year or so with a bunch of us old farts then dropping out of CHUG collecting, stopping entirely or moving onto something else. Hasbro's going to need a new way to fleece us.

• Like Like x 14
  20. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

I’d have said that’s quite an astute observation. I’ve looked at some of what they given us and thought that aesthetically, where can they go from here?

• Like Like x 5