The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

I'm pretty pleased to see them go to retail as well, because not everyone wants to take the risk on a Kickstarter-esque system that's only going to pay out in a year's time.

That said, I did back it all last year and so hopefully will have it in my hands in about 2 weeks or so when Zavvi pull their finger out. My understanding from the @heroquest twitter is that the two re-done expansions will be made commercially available, it's just the KS 'stretch goal' minis and expansion that won't be available. Which I suppose is good - people who committed to the KS can still feel special, but really everyone else is able to benefit from having a pretty massive game experience.

Any Warhammer painting nerds in here? I haven't painted minis for maybe 20 years (and wasn't hugely proficient or committed to it even then) but quite fancy painting all the plastic that's going to come with the game. Might do my old Space Crusade if that goes well too. At least the internet is absolutely full of advice and tutorials about these sorts of things!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Well that’s half the battle…
    Very much appreciated :) 

• Like Like x 8
  3. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Some updates from Sonner on ETAs Items On Their Way - 15/11/2021

And a blog post to say replies are taking 2-5 days (though I've not had a response to my emails from the 2nd or 10th yet) and that for cancellations they "are catching up with the backlog leftover from the older system and anticipate we will be caught up in the next couple of weeks"
    Get ready for Christmas with Sonner Toys

• Like Like x 4
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Hope shes suitably chuffed when she gets back from the trip.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's all fucking go here today. Here be the Vans of Theseus.

1637078155336.jpg

Need some gap fillers then pound for pound these will be the most ridiculously priced mediocrity I'll ever own! And I own some ridiculously priced mediocrity.

• Like Like x 24
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Dancing queen
    PicsArt_21-11-16_16-11-56-765.png

• Like Like x 21
  7. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Time for my weekly "Transformers Tuesday" prayer for Blue Bluestreak I guess. :( 

• Like Like x 8
  8. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same! Zargon sounds more like a sci-fi bad guy. But yeah, that sounds better with the app: good if there are only 4 of you.

I backed it as well, got a little concerned about the lack of updates but it seems to be coming together rather sharpish now.

I guess I'll probably end up having to get even more paints now, if I decide to get to painting all the miniatures: I don't think many of the paints I use for TFs are particularly suitable (lots of gloss, bright and modern colours...)!

• Like Like x 3
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

67215C24-21BC-427A-BB9B-D161396D4C90.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  10. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another extremely lapsed / never great in the first place mini painter here! I am tempted to have a pop at the new Heroquest ones when they arrive. I have consulted a friend of mine who never stepped away from Warhammer (it is his Thing in the same way the robots in disguise are my Thing) and he has offered to a) guide me through buying paints when I'm ready, with a budget of about £60 including a few brushes; b) post me some old random minis at no charge, to practice techniques on before I tackle anything that's worth money. Wot a gent!

And, as you and he both say, the internet means it's a LOT easier to get support on mini painting these days. In particular he raves about contrast paints that can handle highlights and shadows with a few simple techniques.

I'm not one for New Years Resolutions especially, but I do want 2022 to have a bit more art in it. Going to start drawing & sketching again - and maybe painting too :) 

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Don't do it man. It's a slippery slope. I'm way behind on it and it makes me cry. Those FEAR mechs.... :O

• Like Like x 5
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I've never liked Jericho, he was an adequate supporting character but never someone who I tuned in specifically to see and in recent years has become everything he used to mock people like Hogan for, a has been clinging to whatever relevance he can who'll latch onto anybody he sees is popular and try to steal their thunder.

1st ever Undisputed Champion yet was still never the face of WWE he thought he should be despite multiple runs. Literally a couple of weeks after beating Rock & Austin in the same night he was reduced to playing second fiddle to Stephanie McMahon's pet dog :D 

"Spot fest indie nonsense" sums up pro wrestling in 2021. The vanilla midgets and deathmatch idiots have inherited the Earth and it's no wonder fans have disappeared in their droves, me being one of them.

AEW have only gained momentum because the WWE are somehow managing to out crap them which maybe says more about McMahon's genius than anything else,

"Worst wrestling show on TV? I'll show 'em!" :D 

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Grabbed Kingdom Wingfinger, possibly the most underrated deluxe of the year.
    Siege Snapdragon approves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Urgh! Today's experimental hop on the 508 to Leeds was an endurance run, it was never the shortest route but appears to have been merged with a more Kirkstall via Farsley route!
    Though the extending of the journey allowed a scouting out of an extra Smyths (I was aiming for just Crown Point), sadly no surprise Slammers at either venue!
    I did waver at the £50 squid Nemmy Prime set though.
    The surprise stock rule didn't work out on the Kup I might have snagged but both of 'em had at least 1 good shoulders Galvy each.
    I only left CP with the originally intended 3rd Quint Judge, and a trio of just sub-tenner Wingfingers, two for customs fodder and the third because I have decided to speculate on Wingfinger, the bone bot nobody (but me) wants! I figure it's so stupid a notion it just might work!

• Like Like x 5
  15. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Let me guess.
    WFC Earthrise full set MISB plus Takara Earthrise MISB, two copies each?

• Like Like x 3
  16. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Another Star Wars FFF on the 19th? I wonder if they are getting a little bit nervous about the Rancor?

I see the Tier 1 unlock went down... poorly, yesterday.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Very Prime Beast Hunters….

• Like Like x 6
  18. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I keep trying to decide if I need that Kane figure, I have a basics of him on that outfit and as I didnt get into WWE until he was wearing his 2nd outfit (flamey vest thing) Im not sure how much this figure means to me.

Now if they do a deluxe version of his 2nd outfit I probably wouldnt be able to say no

• Like Like x 2
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Brum Bot,
    Hope you're feeling better soon!

Also,
    Are they the Zeta MP scale Aerialbots in your pics?

@Astro-Furby,
    It's a decent figure but if it's not the version of Kane you most associate with then not as essential and they'll probably do the other versions of the first costume so there'll be other options if you change your mind.

There's been at least 1 Elite figure of the 2nd costume but it was the all red version and I want the other one with more black on it so I'll hang on and see what happens with the Ultimate Editions.

Hopefully if it happens it'll be in a regular wave with another Undertaker variant (American Badass would fit the same time period) and not one of those BS Amazon Exclusive Fan Takeover releases.

I switched the shelves with my wrestling figures around a bit today,
    [​IMG]80's & Attitude by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

[​IMG]Misc by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

• Like Like x 11
  20. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Cheers Brendan. They aren’t the Zeta bots they are the Jujiang set. To call them OSKO Combiner wars is a dis-service, they have been upsized, re-shelled and all round improved with lots of sturdy, ratchet-y goodness.

I got them from our very own @Napalm , and they are amazing value working out at less than £20 per bot. Slingshot tomorrow, cold permitting!

976DF9BB-95E4-494E-B0C3-A918E5A32FE9.jpeg

Chonky!

• Like Like x 15