The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    LOL Pulse "Exclusive" Agent Ravage, now on FP! :lol 
    Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 22.26.32.png
    For the Luvva Mike, will one of you retailers just list the damned Worlds Collide set, dangit?!

• Like Like x 11
  2. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

I liked Hero, I thought the plot with Jet Li’s character getting as close to his target was clever. I like the result of the end dialogue for historical context (I watched it without knowledge of the Warring States period history of China). BTW I hated Crouching Tiger it was just too airy fairy and I thought the hype from Western media was unjustified when there were so many better films with wire work before (Once Upon A Time In China series, Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2 etc…). The first two modern day fight scenes in Shang Chi were more grounded, you can definitely see Jackie Chan Stunt Team influence on that from Brad Allan. Homage to Police Story for the first one? Can’t think of a scaffolding fight off the top of my head for the second one. Some CGI in both I reckon, definitely for the first one, don’t think Simu Liu would have been insured to do some of those stunts/movements!

You might already know this, Death Dealer played by Andy Le is known for his Martial Club group and Simu Liu is an alumni of Wong Fu Productions if you ever want to check out their earlier stuff.

Hmm not sure on your last point but good question.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Why do gift cards only ever arrive when there's nothing you want? I mean it'll work out in the end, but...

• Like Like x 4
  4. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Got myself a little crafting tool today from Amazon. Just a cheap table top vice to act as another set of hands for some customising which should come in handy for future use down the line, I'm sure.

IMG_20211113_230521.jpg

Also, finally got round to watching Ant Man and The Wasp tonight. Only reason for watching it was due to discovering that Benjamin Bryan Davis who plays Dutch Van der Linde in the Red Dead Redemption series is in it. :D 

• Like Like x 8
  5. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Still plentiful on evil-bay, just not so cheap :( 

• Like Like x 4
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That's kinda why I'm holding out for a UK release, I like Fangry - but not *that* much.

• Like Like x 12
  7. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

I'm still hoping that the Worlds Collide four pack makes it over here - surely it's not another Thrust?

And what has happened to space pancake Bumblebee? That's another pre-order that will soon be able to draw a pension!

• Like Like x 10
  8. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Die Hard and Lethal Weapon both are great Xmas movies. :D 

It probably would've been too on the nose but Die Hard would've been the better R-rated movie for Kevin to watch (as much as I love the actual R-rated movie's use in the HA2). :D .

• Like Like x 7
  9. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Your pics are starting to sell me on him... and I mean, he featured in the Windblade miniseries so it would go towards my soft collecting goal of characters from the comic that got me into IDW in the first place ^^

:lol  Vitaminicons!

I think we determined he was only a timed exclusive for Pulse as those of us who ordered him from Pulse had him sent out right away whereas, barring some Asian vendors sending him out before even that other shops like IDT were quoting November.

Yeah, I want my saucer Bee! Seriously tempted to get one from overseas but you can guarantee ID will get him in stock then...

• Like Like x 8
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    One doesn't want to rely too much on the lie that is hope BUT, as duly noted further up this rapidly ever-shifting thread, it has only just dropped in Oz so I'm keeping 'em crossed.
    I'm still hoping we might see a Thrust with the shouting/screaming face in SS'86 because, come ON, Hasbro, that is one capital-I Iconic moment that OP has before his first departure from the toyline/life itself, right? You just know plenty of Nerds would buy him twice just for that! :ev: 
    I am also laughing because at the increase in expense on a belated release, and because he's the last exclusive I really want/need to drop in the UK.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Watched 2 episodes of Marvel's What If... are they all this pointless? Plus the animation is fine for action but looks like a 90s point and click PC game when they're talking :confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  12. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SOMETHING ABOUTFREEDOM.png

• Like Like x 22
  13. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cheers man. I've already submitted a couple of this big guy in that thread.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Ultimaster09

Ultimaster09 waging a constant war against all hot rods

Question:is zavvi a trustworthy site? I don’t know if it might be a scam site or legit and I was thinking of buying some various figures from there

• Like Like x 3
  16. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

It's legit, I've not had any issues with them. Others have had issues with pre-orders not arriving but the only one I make with them arrived ok. Anything in stock should be fine.

• Like Like x 5
  17. danlevan

danlevan Well-Known Member

And if your preorder doesn't arrive, you will get your money back. They're just inept and not scammers, but agreed if its in stock you're unlikely to have an issue.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

If its a pre-order and you really want it, don't order from there... They are known for not fulfilling pre orders!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    I didn't hate Crouching Tiger Hidden Cat Poo by any means, but even at the time I felt kinda uncomfortable about the level of hype it was getting. Like this was an absolute revelation, the only movie of its kind to exist, a revolution in film-making. I am and never have been an expert on these things but I at least knew that martial arts movies existed. Apparently the entire western film press collectively forgot the existence of Them Bruce Lee Fillums at the same time? But we loved Them Bruce Lee Fillums!

As for Hero, it's more a case of it ending on a note of Dictatorship Is Good Actually that felt more of a nod towards the Central Government and a middle finger towards traditional American narratives that skew towards Mel Gibson screaming "FREEEEDAAAAAAMN" at the top of his lungs. Capital-P Problematic to be sure, but in a weird way it felt kinda healthy to do so? I may be rambling.

Zavvi is absolutely legit, it's just a bit shite. They've a history of putting up items for preorder without knowing at all whether they'll actually be able to get stock in.

I might be misremembering, but wasn't Zavvi originally the Virgin Megastore brand back in the day? Then they had that big rebrand, and went bankrupt in the financial crash of aught-eight, and now survive as a shrivelled vestigial husk online?

• Like Like x 6
  20. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That's them.

• Like Like x 10