The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef!

E01D6871-64C8-4AB3-A0D6-F415927FAF6D.jpeg B78E9A72-FA25-4AAE-A9EF-04AC5AFE0AB7.jpeg C8416EA0-E78E-4B20-BF77-51016BE5DCD9.jpeg Evening all,
    Any interest in the following?
    MMC Riot £45 all in.
    Unused sticker sheet, extra head and the pile drivers are still in plastic.

Newage Pistolonyx, sealed and fresh off the boat from the US of A.
    £65 all in.

cheers

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  2. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

Hi Folks,

I’m looking to move on a few figures, not in any particular rush, but do feel free to drop me a PM with an offer. I’ll leave this up for a week or two before listing elsewhere.

Full disclosure: I’ve not sold on here before but have bought a few figures and hopefully that was an easy enough experience for the sellers.

The figures:

· Generations Selects Deluxe Red Swoop (loose, comes w/ all accessories and instructions)
    · Generations Selects Deluxe Ricochet (loose, comes w/ all accessories and instructions)
    · The Last Knight Leader Dragonstorm (loose, comes w/ all accessories and instructions)
    · Earthrise Titan Scorponok (comes w/ box, all accessories and instructions) - sold 17/12/21
    · Siege Deluxe Chromia (loose, comes w/ all accessories)

All figures are well looked after, pretty much same condition as they were out of the box, smoke-free, pet-free home. Happy to provide any requested photographs.

Happy shopping!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    is it just on my end, or are images not loading properly? most images posted today arent loading.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Paneltron

Paneltron “Cover your receptors, Perceptor.”

The Tigatron availability made me swiftly check their site, he is indeed in stock; import figure with import price. On Pipes and Slammer, any news on when these chaps will be available?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Think a few people are looking for Scorponok. Hope the sales go well :) 

• Like Like x 5
  6. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Er.. some aren't for me, not many though.

• Like Like x 10
  7. motorthing

motorthing Not Inert.

News Credits:
    Seems to be across a lot of the Board - I can see my own images but not a lot of what others have just been posting - including @Napalm post above which was bound to be gorgeous, but isn't loading for me.

• Like Like x 12
  8. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had that earlier, but those seem to be loading now. Newer pics have loaded too

• Like Like x 4
  9. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally painted his beard, loving it but man I'm so tempted to paint over all his purple with ultramarine
    IMG_20211113_194203.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

The selects one is the only one I’ll get, glad to see options for all though :) 

I snagged one of those MM packs too, nearly left it but so glad I didn’t…!!! Watch me do nothing on the Saturday other than rue not having early access :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Genuinely more excited for the kids show coming back than Revelation. And while I won't spoil it, especially after learning of some of the upcoming characters :D 

I nearly ordered them but the spending has been insane recently and there's a chance Smyths will just put them out at £15, so...

Just watched Shang Chi, can't say I was impressed. I didn't find anything about it to have been handled truly well tbh. It's just nowhere near as clever as it needs to be.

Somehow the training sections are better choreographed and edited than the fights, and that's a real bummer for a martial arts movie. The humour is weak and the stuff around his mum doesn't bear the slightest scrutiny at all. And my Jet from Gladiators, you'd need to really enjoy CGI for that third act, especially since it's not on the big silver screen.

I was so nonplussed my brain barely wondered what the credit stingers were about (and I still don't care). And that's another thing, potentially the weakest cameo uses in a Marvel movie yet! :confused: 

Genuinely enjoyed Bloodshot more and it's a super-predictable Vin Diesel movie :eek: . Urgh, I hate adding to the 'never watch again' Marvel pile that is Iron Man 2 and Thor: Dark World :( 

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    After some deliberation Cacus is gonna be displayed in robot mode. While I fucking love the dino mode and he does just about fit on the Grim shelf in that mode despite it's length, his small dino feet and weird centre of gravity make me think he's gonna fall the second I look away.

20211113_195529.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  13. motorthing

motorthing Not Inert.

News Credits:
    That's why I'm just getting the two I care about at full whack - just in case Wave 3 ends up being the one that ISN'T in massive abundance and on clearance at Smyths - Andra and Stinky can wait until £15 rings up at the till. IMG_20211113_201840.jpg

If you had told 17yr old me that 50s me would spend any amount of time on a Saturday night massaging shock-oil into Fake HeMans crotch I think he would have chucked himself under the nearest bus.

• Like Like x 16
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Totally agree, what's handy for me at least is the show will have been aired by then and I can determine if Andra and Stinky are essentially just expensive cameo figures in my terms!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

That is Tony Leung playing Shang Chi’s dad. He is one of Hong Kong’s greatest actors. Check him out in Hard Boiled with Chow Yun Fat and Anthony Wong (2 other great HK actors) and also Infernal Affairs. (I might be repeating myself so apologies if you are reading this twice.)

The training scenes are always the best bit in martial arts films. They are showing you the secrets and making you think if you trained like that you will level up to greatness like in Drunken Master, Snake In The Eagle’s Shadow, Warriors Two, Prodigal Son etc…

Simu Liu and Tony Leung don’t have the same pedigree martial arts training background as Sammo, Donnie, Jet, Jackie and Bruce etc… but they did well for their level. Simu surprised me but then I found out he done Tricking back in the day and he is quite athletic. The greatest martial arts actor in the film is Yuen Wah (Eastern Condors, Dragons Forever, Iceman Cometh (don’t watch Donnie’s remake, it’s pants!), Fist Of Fury (cameo)), Kung Fu Hustle who played Guang Bo, he was one of the 7 Little Fortunes (Jackie, Sammo, Yuen Biao, Corey Yuen).

I think the Mainland Chinese audience like all that CGI fantasy animal stuff so Marvel probably had that in mind.

BTW for those interested Donnie’s new film Raging Fire has a limited release in the cinemas in the UK.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    His Prime Modes would be a Truck and a Chinook!

• Like Like x 6
  17. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

I'm starting to think that my Yodel driver isn't just "running a little late" and that he's not now going to deliver my second Goldbug today.

• Like Like x 5
  18. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

He was £32 on the stall I THINK. I was hmm and ahhing on him so can’t remember. I can ask about Pipes and Slammer tomorrow when I go back for Tigatron

• Like Like x 5
  19. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    answer found.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I also got the e-mail this evening and along with Revelations Fisto I'm looking at finally getting Origins Mosquitor as well!

Of all the figures I've gotten this year Origins Fisto has been up there with the best ones I've kept on my desk to fiddle around with as the articulation is just enough to allow for some decent poses and he's pretty sturdy so I never feel like anything will break.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 6