The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Also, I really liked them playing Foreigner after the mid-credits scene. I forgot how good the drumming is on that first album!

• Like Like x 4
  2. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So it's gotta be my boy Hot Rod / Rodimus, and I've always loved the idea of a uniquely coloured version of him for my collection. I was thinking the base figure would either be:
    MP28/40
    SS86 Hot Rod
    Kingdom Rodimus (or if she's feeling mega generous and the sales are decent this year)

In terms of colours, I'm open to ideas but I quite liked the idea of recreating this with Kingdom, but perhaps with more of a detailed metallic finish:
    Prodimus.png
    I've been obsessing over this guy Madformers on IG and I think that metallic finish would look awesome on darker colours.

Or going the other way, I've been playing around with an editing tool on my phone just to try out fun mixes like what if G1 Hot Rod went full spectralist?
    Purple Rod.jpg

This is all kind of grail stuff tbh, so not sure if it'll ever happen, but hey, Christmas + birthday from the mrs?

• Like Like x 10
  3. LorDZeeD

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    was going to message to say I didn't see your subs on that thread - defo needs to be on there!

• Like Like x 5
  4. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

Ha ha no, not at all.
    I didn't dislike the film, many facts of it were actually very good, but the bits I didn't like (especially Kingo) dragged it down for me.

There were a couple of scenes were I genuinely was scratching my head / beard thinking "wtf did they do that for".

And like @RoboW4rrior298 said, it could have been just another sci fi film if it wasn't for the briefest references to Avengers and the blip etc. But it is part of the MCU and for me was pale in comparison to many of the other films.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I follow Madformers too - his work is incredible!!

Unfortunately, as with most such customisers, the paints etc that he uses are impossible to get here and anything with a similar finish would cost rather a lot. I wouldn't even know who to point you toward in the UK :( 

• Like Like x 3
  6. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    I loved them using PF's Time at the beginning, but how dare they fade it out before we got Gilmour's solo - YOU DO NOT DO THAT!

Otherwise a few missteps aside, I like the Film enough to go see it again with different people this evening. Saw it first with family who all mainly loved it for the "wow" factor, be interesting to see if mates who are all big MCU heads are as easily pleased.

I also don't get the almost lockstep critical reactions, some from Critics that have been decrying "Cookie-Cutter Blockbusters" as a fairly tired refrain since Endgame, finally getting a "non standard" MCU entry and whining that it's "barely any connective tissue to the MCU....." (That's a doozy) as a bad thing.

Idiots.

Robots: when the fudge will I be able to order/get Pipes and Slammer - this shit isn't funny now.

• Like Like x 10
  7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Agreed on both points. The intro sounded absolutely fucking majestic in the cinema. As would the solo, given the chance. I definitely remember getting a similar buzz from hearing Interstellar Overdrive in Doctor Strange and, while I didn't go see it in the cinema, I thought the soundtrack to Homecoming was particularly on point (essential criteria when your remit is 'Wes Anderson does MCU').

Well, a bit of me did just wonder if that's the fashion of the moment. Like the 'build 'em up and tear 'em down' of the weekly music inkies of the '90's. If so, how fucking tawdry.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

I hope so and also Siege style Coneheads!

Would be up for those! Also if we can get Cyclonus in Dirge colours (from animation mistakes in 5 Faces Of Darkness) what about Dirge in Cyclonus colours! How about the Coneheads repainted into the Deecpticon Targetmasters?

Keano! Maybe you are getting dating site adverts because we've been talking about it here and FB has been watching you! Hope you are getting lots of Transformers adverts then!

Thanks boss!

• Like Like x 9
  9. LorDZeeD

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    More clicks for criticising a popular franchise than praising it. All hail the algorithm that rules us all. :( 

• Like Like x 9
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    mos def tawdry, then.

• Like Like x 8
  11. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    All the very best mate.

Went to see Eternals last night and echo thoughts already made here. Really enjoyed it, was a easy to watch film with some good action scenes and effects in it.

Came away a happy bunny with the 2nd end credit scene though! :D 

• Like Like x 10
  12. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  13. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    I always knew it would end with my head in your maw...

I don't really buy 'merch' but certainly would throw money at a Canvas, poster or mug with your amazing shots Jon.

Tell tinkerbell I said hi. Hope your doing alright mate.

Good man picking up the guitar! I'm sure you'll meet someone new when your ready man.

Yes to both of those.

To be fair, I reckon I'd take any number of G2 garish repaints of the coneheads, stock seeker or Siege seeker.

Nice.
    I've rocked the same hairstyles since 1991 - like a legoman's hair. I had an abortive attempt to grow grunger hair in 1999, but it just started to look like late 80's mum hair.

I had a similar experience with a girl I was seeing. But she was having a party at her parents house. And she was trying to lure me into a room. In which her sister was asleep. She too umbrage at my refusal. And I got a slew of drunken text abuse until she sobered up in the morning and text to apologize and say thanks for not letting her bang a dude in the same room as her sleeping sister. :drunk 

Nice. I've thoroughly enjoyed your journey through the Comic Movie books dude.

• Like Like x 14
  14. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Me: I never need to see another zombie movie again...

Also me: Well played universe. I can't resist Bruce Campbell at the best of times, Nevermind Xmas adjacent Bruce.

• Like Like x 11
  15. LorDZeeD

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Whoever at Takara made the decision to spend parts count on movable nipples needs a fucking raise

Wreck and Rule.jpg
    Wreck and Rule baby

• Like Like x 19
  16. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Cheers dude, it's been a godsend. As lonely as it gets, the ex did so much damage (confirmed by counsellor - "significant damage", "your symptoms are directly similar to a person leaving prison for the first time and trying to adjust to life on the outside") - that I'm definitely not ready to meet someone yet.

Robots? I've been featuring Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime as my deskbot this week and I don't think I'll be selling him so he's coming off the sales list. He's just a stunning piece of design and engineering, especially for a toy based on a movie design.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

@barry You have exactly the same thought process around Eternals as I do, really surprised by the reviews from some.

Also, more Transformers need shields, it just makes sense. I loved ER Cliffy for it, more please HasTak!

C0CE12BD-F67C-40C3-9E3E-2AA2EC3C753C.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  18. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Jesus. That sounds bad. Glad you were able to make a break from them dude. Hopefully you'll be in a better place soon.

And yeah, BB Optimus is an absolute beaut. Definitely prefer his Ion Blaster of the offerings with the WFC Primes.

• Like Like x 5
  19. John Burrows

John Burrows Well-Known Member

I noticed Pulse have pushed back SG Starscream to 1st January now.

I got the email saying it had gone back to December 1st, but nothing subsequent. Sneaky sneaky.

• Like Like x 3
  20. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3