The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Too big for CHUG too stylised for MP.

I still really like the design but there was just no place for it by the time it landed.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

As far as I’m aware, Nova Prime is some kind of deity? Not too far fetched in my mind to write off the weird size as being down to that if you want to really find and excuse to keep him around but otherwise you’re right. Shame because it’s a cool design.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Haven’t kept up with the footy other than the sacking of Dean Smith today. Just checked my bet I put on this morning…..

ADFEC47E-08CB-409A-90CB-A9AD15D43651.jpeg

£160 straight in the TFN fund!!

• Like Like x 23
  4. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I reckon I'll get a ticket for the Saturday only plus early bird dealer room access, but I'll get a room for Friday and Saturday night. The actual 'convention' is wasted on me as I have zero interest in panels or events, but I do like a catch-up and to waste money in the dealer room.

I could probably be tempted to share a room if anyone else is up for it, @doucoo ?

Either security at the factory is SERIOUSLY lax or someone has an inhumanly large prison pocket...

Fri-Sat. Sunday is a bit blah, tbh.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Something I just realised... do any of Hasbro's other lines see factory samples get reviewed on YouTube? I've never seen it personally. And I've never seen it with any other manufacturer now I think of it :confused: 

• Like Like x 5
  6. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I chased 7/8 versions last year, and both Armada and Micron Legend Unicrons were relatively cheap and easy to find.
    I am not so sure about the Japanese colour scheme being "much better" either.

As references, see bottom row.
    "
    Unicron
    Top: Galaxy Force Bug, Cybertron Unicron head, Galaxy Force Bug Drone
    Top left: 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Unicron
    Top right: Takaratomy exclusive Universal Dominator Unicron
    Center left: 30th Anniversary Platinum Edition Unicron
    Center top: Energon/Super Link Unicron
    Center bottom: Cybertron/Galaxy Force Primus
    Center right: Encore Shining Unicron of Light
    Bottom left: Armada Unicron
    Bottom right: Micron Legend Unicron

(missing: Lucky Draw Shining Unicron of Light)

[​IMG]

Unicron Force:

[​IMG]
    "

• Like Like x 15
  7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Count me in and take my money. I will try and get a room for the Friday and Saturday, if you try also then we can see if we get any luck.

If not, we can chat in dm's to get somewhere.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Children are epic time devourers. Tis the truth. When our second one spawns, I expect I'll have zero time for anything.

With every thrust, a fart slaps out. The smell... like someone shat in a rotten Pumpkin.

Belated birthday greetings dude. Nice haul!

Nice. Very nice indeed.

2023. Four will be made. The price: 10 human scalps and a Bag of lemon sherbets.

Shambles. I stopped ordering online because something was kecked up every time. Once we ordered a pregnancy test and the substitute was flavoured condoms.

You monster :eek: 

If you get the itch man I can swing by smyths on my route home from work to see what the craic is

feel better soon man.
    and someone snap his arm off for that jetprime

I agree on all points. ER cliff and siegeflix bee are peak figures for each imo

I loved the whole figure, but the nova helmet never stayed on. Massively impressive wingspan.

I always wanted a hypernovae too, but the price was always a wee bit more than what I was willing to pay.

• Like Like x 16
  9. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Nah, he was just a regular Prime who decided that making everywhere else More Like Cybertron was a really great and cool thing to do. Basically he was the British Empire as a Transformer. We never saw him out of his Super Robot mode and I got the impression he was about the same size as Optimus.

(This doesn't count all the Dead Universe stuff, partly because I didn't completely understand it, but also because it inverted his colour scheme so doesn't apply to this figure.)

Personally, I never minded the size. It just suffered from early 3P issues like non-intuitive transformations and joints that were Not Fun to manipulate.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_11-06-04.00.02.jpg

"Remind me never to let you choose a vacation spot, Hot Rod!"
    "I think... I see some shelter up ahead!"

- The Transformers S04E13: 'Vision Quest Part 1'

Point of order - he's pretty much perfect CHUG sized. The armour bulks the figure up considerably, but doesn't really increase the height much at all. He stands about as tall as WFC Magnus / Galaxy Prime. Pretty much all of MMC's Reformatted releases exist in a kind of hinterland between CHUG and MP size, so they can just about pass for either. For me, they mostly fit my idea of CHUG perfectly, the notable exceptions being Rodimus and Drift. I have a solid rule that carformers should be deluxe, truckformers voyager.

But then again, Nova Prime turns from a made-up robot to a made-up space truck, so he can really be as big or small as you like. It's not like there's any definitive point of comparison for him.

This, yes. Getting all the arm joints in the exact right position for Adidas Trainer truck cab mode is a ball ache on its own, but the cab shell not giving enough clearance makes it a bit of a chore.

• Like Like x 12
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

And not even the decency to send you the bacon-flavoured ones I'll bet.

• Like Like x 6
  12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Yeah that's all fair. I should have said he was too big for my CHUG collection.

I have a completely separate shelf display for IDW and he probably would have fit there quite well, but at the time he dropped I just couldn't find a place for him. Maybe I'll pick him up again another time as I barely touched him.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Morning all, chaos still reigns at Chateau Skywarp :confused: 

It would appear that the property pron with the likes of Phil and Kirstie on C4 has a lot to answer for! We are still quite disrupted, however plastering is about 50% done, then it’s bathroom and kitchen fitting and the small task of decorating :eek: 

It’s funny how different people perceive different things, using the aforementioned C4 shows which almost always feature Tabitha and Sebastian from Hampstead with a budget of a gazillion million pounds and who aren’t lifting a finger themselves, they often describe it as stressful. I don’t think it is, it’s actually massively fucking inconvenient o_O 

I have furniture in rooms that shouldn’t have furniture in them, the builders are (understandably) noisy bastards which is a royal pain as a shift worker and Mrs.S has told me I’m not allowed to walk around the house in my pants eating Pringles :p .

Worst of all, all my TFs have been put away and I’m simply amassing boxed purchases for a later date :oops: 

As for Robits, snagged a £50 Nemmy from Smyths, a far more agreeable price and great to see that TFN is looking like a “go”, wil have to sort my admin out and make sure I’m on the ball for tickets!

• Like Like x 19
  14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Redundant pork flavour for a porkdagger to be fair :p 

Nightmare. Hope it gets finished off soon dude.

• Like Like x 8
  15. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    I empathise. Not as extensive as yours, and it'll only be another week or so but ChezThing is a Faraday Cage while the roof is finally done front to back, and that's disruptive enough. There's noise, plaster dust in alarming amounts and the constant cleaning up as we go.

We've had to wait a while just to get the right Roofer, and he's had to wait on scaffolding and a shedload of basics that now seem to be difficult to source to do the job right.

Plus a window in the fecking weather.

Not as bad as doing the graft yourself it's true, but it's not conducive to a good restful outlook either. Every time the wind so much as sighs it all rattles so I'll do my sleeping next week.
    IMG_20211108_082626.jpg

At least the bloody leak will stop.

Robots? Nope.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  16. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Monday #Desktop is First Edition Bulkhead who I'm still trying to get the transformation down to a smooth transition from bit to vehicle. It's not overly complex but it's more complex than I'm used to on a Voyager. Brilliant toy overall though.

20211108_083022.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  17. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Some Beast Wars concept art, thanks to month 3 of not buying botcon sets or expensive minicons.

Cybertron Wreckloose
    [​IMG]

Unreleased Kingdom Polar Claw
    [​IMG]

T30 Rhinox
    [​IMG]

Generations Selects Kitty-kitty Kittytron
    [​IMG]

BW Neo Longrack
    [​IMG]

Universe 2.0 Cheetor
    [​IMG]

Scalping
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  18. Shinsei

Shinsei Well-Known Member

I blame that show squarely for the absolute strife our house move has been, and the fact that everything in the place is “in need of some TLC”.

Tabitha and Sebastian can do one, frankly.

• Like Like x 6
  19. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    WON'T SOMEBODY BUY MY STUPID SEXY ROBOTS???

Willing to do some silly deals....

IMG_20211108_090532818_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    If that transformation is getting your back up, or you can't stand it anymore, I'll happily take him off your hands! ;) 

• Like Like x 10