The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Aye, once during the pheonix saga when xavier was in the hospital and physically attacking everyone, and once when wolverine was tracking Morph, he turned into deadpool briefly. I don't know why they stick with me, maybe because i didn't know him at the time but having watched the series after the deadpoolmovie, his unexpected appearances planted themselves in my brain. Though funnily enough, neither cameos are actually deadpool proper. Which just feels right for that character. Lol.

It's seeing a shelf like that that makes me regret not getting into the marvel legends figures. I'd have the mcu, the fox xmen, a few spiderman and rogues.....

• Like Like x 7
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Wait, Deadpool was in the 90s cartoon?! I knew he appeared in Ultimate Spider-man (the cartoon) didn't know he had appeared earlier.. and here I was gonna make some jokes about it being the highest rating episode of the cartoon! :lol 

Edit:
    Huh. I suppose it's also possible I/we may have thought it was just Spider-man as kids.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    *emerges like a sexy woman from a swimming pool in a perfume advert*

Hello.

Had a very pleasant weekend catching up on a few DCEU films I'd not seen, namely the Birds of Prey/Harley Quinn and The Suicide Squad. The former was good, the latter pretty great. It's a bit like Bumblebee was to the other five TF movies, not only standing head and shoulders above the first Suicide Squad movie but roundly humiliating it by doing a lot of the same stuff but with a breezy confidence and competence which puts it to shame.

But anyway, the best thing about both BoP and TSS was Margot Robbie just having the time of her life as Harley. It's a huge leap away from Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck taking the first opportunity to pack it in to have Robbie keen to keep playing Harley as long as she can, and it's a shame her energy couldn't have been spread around a bit more in the earlier DCEU films.

It's the outer frame of the trailer of MMC's Nova Prime from a few years ago. It's... not their best figure by a long way, but it's arguably the best Nova Prime that's out there. I think the story with it was that it was one of their earliest designs, but it got delayed and delayed for years, so by the time they finally worked out the kinks they were already making far, far better figures.

I know I'm a tedious blowhard about the severe lean towards cartoon accuracy, but this and Bumblebee just take it way too far. The exaggerated proportions look more like he's been yanked out of a Pat Lee page than anything else, with the way his legs flare outwards and his feet are each nearly as wide as his torso.

It's driving me mad that I can't find my Spike figure to pose next to it.

I had another one of my little episodes where I started thinking about getting a 3D printer again, since every attempt to find 1/35 scale figures and scenery just ends up back with WW2 themed stuff. I guess that's the main market for that scale, but gah, it's an annoyance. I mean just look at this. A 3D printer would mean being able to make diorama crap in any size... but I need to be strong. Not until the new year. At least.

And Hasbro, you can stop all this madness by making a line of scale human figures. You know it makes sense.

He's a good boy. A great boy! He makes me wish MMC were making alternate heads for other figures. Hasbro figures.

PicsArt_11-07-09.47.50.jpg

Be careful not to overstimulate your smol rung, as this may trigger their natural urge to dominate.

Surely for an authentic Doucoo TFN you'd have to show up two weeks after the event and try and piece together what happened from context clues left behind?

Anyway, it'll be good seeing folks! I'll be sticking to my usual plan of driving down just for the Saturday, I reckon.

• Like Like x 18
  4. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

:lolol 

• Like Like x 5
  5. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Looking for TFNation advice:
    A few of us local to each other are talking about attending. I will be going for the first time and staying overnight locally (probably not at the Hilton).
    Is it better to go Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun as a first timer? I’m thinking my main thing will to be to meet, hang out with and drink heavily with some of you lot too.

• Like Like x 10
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Its one of the first full figures Cassy Sark worked on and I was so excited watching him work on it (circa 2010/2011), it definitely took a few redesigns to get right. By the time it finally came out I had fallen in love with the MakeToys Nova and Nemesis, and I ended up not even keeping one for myself despite working on the figure (I might have even written the comic and not kept one).

• Like Like x 10
  7. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel it might be worth waiting for the schedule before making that choice (although that might be too late). Saturday and Sunday has generally been the days of the major panels and the traders' hall, while Friday was more watching movies and hangout (from what I gather).

• Like Like x 7
  8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Old):
    Had the perfect lighting in the bamboo forest for some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  9. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Hell yeah, I'm up for that! Not sure the person in the room will be though!

• Like Like x 9
  10. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

It has very similar shoulders to RTS Preceptor. That is not a good thing. Shame, as there was some stuff to like about the figure. And I quite liked the concept of the armour frame. But yeah, it didn't quite come together.

• Like Like x 5
  11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Too big for CHUG too stylised for MP.

I still really like the design but there was just no place for it by the time it landed.

• Like Like x 3
  12. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

As far as I’m aware, Nova Prime is some kind of deity? Not too far fetched in my mind to write off the weird size as being down to that if you want to really find and excuse to keep him around but otherwise you’re right. Shame because it’s a cool design.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Haven’t kept up with the footy other than the sacking of Dean Smith today. Just checked my bet I put on this morning…..

ADFEC47E-08CB-409A-90CB-A9AD15D43651.jpeg

£160 straight in the TFN fund!!

• Like Like x 23
  14. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I reckon I'll get a ticket for the Saturday only plus early bird dealer room access, but I'll get a room for Friday and Saturday night. The actual 'convention' is wasted on me as I have zero interest in panels or events, but I do like a catch-up and to waste money in the dealer room.

I could probably be tempted to share a room if anyone else is up for it, @doucoo ?

Either security at the factory is SERIOUSLY lax or someone has an inhumanly large prison pocket...

Fri-Sat. Sunday is a bit blah, tbh.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Something I just realised... do any of Hasbro's other lines see factory samples get reviewed on YouTube? I've never seen it personally. And I've never seen it with any other manufacturer now I think of it :confused: 

• Like Like x 5
  16. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I chased 7/8 versions last year, and both Armada and Micron Legend Unicrons were relatively cheap and easy to find.
    I am not so sure about the Japanese colour scheme being "much better" either.

As references, see bottom row.
    "
    Unicron
    Top: Galaxy Force Bug, Cybertron Unicron head, Galaxy Force Bug Drone
    Top left: 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Unicron
    Top right: Takaratomy exclusive Universal Dominator Unicron
    Center left: 30th Anniversary Platinum Edition Unicron
    Center top: Energon/Super Link Unicron
    Center bottom: Cybertron/Galaxy Force Primus
    Center right: Encore Shining Unicron of Light
    Bottom left: Armada Unicron
    Bottom right: Micron Legend Unicron

(missing: Lucky Draw Shining Unicron of Light)

[​IMG]

Unicron Force:

[​IMG]
    "

• Like Like x 15
  17. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Count me in and take my money. I will try and get a room for the Friday and Saturday, if you try also then we can see if we get any luck.

If not, we can chat in dm's to get somewhere.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Children are epic time devourers. Tis the truth. When our second one spawns, I expect I'll have zero time for anything.

With every thrust, a fart slaps out. The smell... like someone shat in a rotten Pumpkin.

Belated birthday greetings dude. Nice haul!

Nice. Very nice indeed.

2023. Four will be made. The price: 10 human scalps and a Bag of lemon sherbets.

Shambles. I stopped ordering online because something was kecked up every time. Once we ordered a pregnancy test and the substitute was flavoured condoms.

You monster :eek: 

If you get the itch man I can swing by smyths on my route home from work to see what the craic is

feel better soon man.
    and someone snap his arm off for that jetprime

I agree on all points. ER cliff and siegeflix bee are peak figures for each imo

I loved the whole figure, but the nova helmet never stayed on. Massively impressive wingspan.

I always wanted a hypernovae too, but the price was always a wee bit more than what I was willing to pay.

• Like Like x 16
  19. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Nah, he was just a regular Prime who decided that making everywhere else More Like Cybertron was a really great and cool thing to do. Basically he was the British Empire as a Transformer. We never saw him out of his Super Robot mode and I got the impression he was about the same size as Optimus.

(This doesn't count all the Dead Universe stuff, partly because I didn't completely understand it, but also because it inverted his colour scheme so doesn't apply to this figure.)

Personally, I never minded the size. It just suffered from early 3P issues like non-intuitive transformations and joints that were Not Fun to manipulate.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    PicsArt_11-06-04.00.02.jpg

"Remind me never to let you choose a vacation spot, Hot Rod!"
    "I think... I see some shelter up ahead!"

- The Transformers S04E13: 'Vision Quest Part 1'

Point of order - he's pretty much perfect CHUG sized. The armour bulks the figure up considerably, but doesn't really increase the height much at all. He stands about as tall as WFC Magnus / Galaxy Prime. Pretty much all of MMC's Reformatted releases exist in a kind of hinterland between CHUG and MP size, so they can just about pass for either. For me, they mostly fit my idea of CHUG perfectly, the notable exceptions being Rodimus and Drift. I have a solid rule that carformers should be deluxe, truckformers voyager.

But then again, Nova Prime turns from a made-up robot to a made-up space truck, so he can really be as big or small as you like. It's not like there's any definitive point of comparison for him.

This, yes. Getting all the arm joints in the exact right position for Adidas Trainer truck cab mode is a ball ache on its own, but the cab shell not giving enough clearance makes it a bit of a chore.

• Like Like x 12