The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Yeah I think my pledge solution seems to work best.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and...insidiously....with adaptions of historic myths, whilst enjoying the characterisations and action stuff, you're sort of....being educated!!!

I wasn't aware this was one of those types of sites.

oh....it is.

TF wise...sort off,
    a visit to a boot regaled me with a Playmobil Ecto-1 for a fiver that I haven't decided if I will keep or give to the boss (I have kept Stay-Puft that I found eons ago so hmm...), and a not-alternator with curiously Spinout-esque head.
    Oh, and a bag of what I can only describe as ...rubbish...containing so far musclebound Luke and BW Silverbolt of any dignity..reckon most of this is bin-bound though, still a lot of entertainment for 3 quid.

not alternator.jpg rubbish.jpg
    Laters from the cheap seats.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

As long as you accept how much Prichard lies and misrepresents things, it’s a very fun character driven podcast. He’s a total shill for Vince, and even when not employed by Vince he still very much would not accept anything contrary to the overall WWE view. But he’s the artful dodger, he’s a fantastic story teller, and some of his episodes are really really good, he’s a real character and the fact he’s so dedicated to his podcast even while working what must be a hugely demanding job with WWE is very impressive. He also has a tremendous way of engaging with subjects, and some of the episodes are really outstanding deep dives. Well worth the listen and some of his impressions are uncanny

• Like Like x 7
  4. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

I have a lost light year book print that I’d be prepared to sell, I think it has been signed by jack lawrence, nick roche, James Robert’s, possibly JP. I can’t remember who’s piece it is, it’s either a nick roche or John Paul-Bove? Never been displayed, still in a plastic sleeve…? See the item circled from my tfn haul from a few years ago. Hit me up if interested.

E396AA12-BE2A-490F-949F-40CE6646BE9A.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Hmm...
    That might be Christmas sorted.

As expected, jetfire is still £80.
    images-3.gif

• Like Like x 7
  6. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    @bcm77 - this above is pretty much a good summary. He has a fantastic ( and often humorous) insight into the ‘golden age’ of wrestling, from territories into the mid 80s boom of Rock and Wrestling, some of the character pieces are particularly great.

• Like Like x 6
  9. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

So the postie rocked up with minutes to spare on his delivery window - Artfire is in the house and what a fine looking boy he is. Now I just need 2022's Road Hauler to be real and my mold collection will be complete... and I can maybe stop pining for the eHobby Road Hauler.

Oh, and the fantastic lapse of taste that is J Balvintron has also arrived - I'm already rather taken with his rainbow double blooshes.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Siege Fan

11. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deffo get round to watching those. Thoroughly enjoyed them when I was a kid and still do as an adult. Watched Jason and the Argonauts with my son. He enjoyed it. He was blown away by the special effects ;-)

Looking good. Fingers crossed I’m getting my Artfire soon. Will you grab any fillers for him?

I had forgotten I had this on PO. Just need to find out with which company i have it with.

Could be worse than socks, underpants or a walnut whip!

Ditto. Also war films for me due to my father’s influence. Nothing beats Kelly’s Hero’s. Whenever war films are mentioned I always think of: “Broad sword calling Danny boy”.

I’ve been binging on The Expanse and have recommended to two members in here that it is compulsive viewing. I have just season 5 to watch and should be ready for season 6 at the start of Dec.

I’m still waiting on the next season of Lost in Space.

Pay as you go certainly helps with these platforms. I do what you do between them although currently been a bit lax in cancelling and getting again later for a discounted cheap rate.

I will continue with Netflix to watch Lost In Space and The Ozarks. I would have watched Star Trek Discovery on there but not now. Given STD is moving away from Netflix I’m still on the hook for those two other shows before I pull the plug on Netflix.

Amazon for me has been pipping Netflix recently for films and my binging of The Expanse.

Paramount is an interesting one. I was watching Seal Team with David Boreaneaz on Sky but apparently that has moved over to Paramount. I’m reluctant to get Paramount for just Seal Team and STD for one season so I’m likely to wait before jumping on this platform.

• Like Like x 6
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Brum Bot & @Genodectes,
    I've seen a good number of episodes of Something To Wrestle but took a break a few months ago as I got a bit tired of the frequency of the adverts and as yet haven't gotten back into it.

My favourite thing abut Bruce is his impressions whether they're dead on like his Randy Savage and Dusty Rhodes or more of a caricature like his Vince McMahon or Jim Cornette they're always amusing and whilst he obviously takes liberties with the truth there's no denying his experience working within the WWF/E system and he's brilliant at talking about it without burying anybody which is likely why he got his job back :D 

Favourite stories that spring to mind include,

His explanation of how the Red Rooster gimmick was intended to come across which actually made sense.

Leslie Nielsen thinking Randy Savage was putting on THAT voice and telling Bruce "He'll wear out his vocal chords if he keeps doing that".

Anything involving Cornette, whether it's ordering lunch "Double cheese.....motherfucker" or recalling the time he got so angry he set about his own car with a baseball bat, it's gold.

Being swore at by Burt Reynolds backstage at Wrestlemania.

Years from now there won't be any stories like this because there's no characters left. A Young Bucks podcast will be all "Remember that one time we actually switched our phones off and spoke to someone in person" or Kenny Olivier will be recalling great videogame scores :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 6
  13. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Experimenting with the Grimlock shelf. Might transform Cacus to rex mode to loom over the smaller ones.

20211117_144235.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

I’d absolutely love some Walnut Whips under the tree! Mmmmm you have me thinking now lol

• Like Like x 7
  15. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

They do look lovely together. It's a very nice Ricochet, redeco of RtS Jazz?

• Like Like x 4
  16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Glad things are back to normal. Shit happens, couples fight. Your wife has had a shit time of it. Easy for things to escalate. And talk barricade is a great deskbot. Fits well in among g1 figures methinks.

Gah dah dat de de dat!!

Pretty sure he sells prints, my sis got.me one last Xmas.

Sweet. Hope mine ships soon too.

Typical.
    Had a letter from ulster bank last month to say it was switching from visa to mastercard for its customers too....

This handsome boy just arrived
    20211117_145002.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  17. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 4
  18. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

All this talk of the Spidey trailer has led me to realise that if Nicholas Hammond isn’t in it then I’ve lost all interest.

• Like Like x 12
  19. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Pfft. I imagine they'll lose cusotmers over that who don't want to switch to mastercard.

Looks like Garfield's more than Maguire's. I think this adds credence to the theory that garfield will save MJ from that fall to try and atone for his parker losing Gwen the way he did. And pausing that scene of the hands reaching close, it does look more like Garfield's with the blue on the palm over any of Holland's. To be honest, pretty sure by now the other two Spidey's will appear, but only in the climax of the final battle. Which, let's be honest, they should. They turn up at the end there to help Holland win the day, give him some advice about being Spidey and how to balance his life, then go home. The villains needs to be in lots, but those two should be only the end. It is still Holland's movie after all. They probably shouldn't have had that leaping scene in the trailer, because Electro and Lizard are clearly not aiming at Holland, so it's obvious at least two characters have been removed. They should have just had the villains line up without the leap.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    It's by John-Paul Bove - I have the same one and it's a smasher!!

• Like Like x 3