The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Divebomb

Divebomb "Not without incident"

"Don't take any risks! Burn it!"
    IMG_20211113_125934.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    So called Transformers expert! Everyone knows the Sweeps are the repaint of Scourge!

I distinctly remember reember selling him SG Galvatron (Evac repaint) a few years back too.

• Like Like x 8
  3. JustAnotherCassette

JustAnotherCassette Lurker no more

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes Hasbro Pulse UK to ship "in stock" items? I'm planning to spend a week in London around the end of this month, and I see SG Megatron is still available on Pulse's UK site which is seriously tempting (I missed my chance on the US site...). But if there are massive shipping delays these days, I don't want to risk it getting delivered to the hotel only after I leave the UK! Thanks

• Like Like x 6
  4. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Jaffa Cake doughnuts back in stock at Morrisons. Phew! :D 

RSC order with WM 12 Ultimate Warrior and the casket playset has shipped! :) 

Packages arrived,

Survivor Series Elite Hulk Hogan is based on his look from the 1989 event where he teamed with Jake Roberts and Demolition against Ted DiBiase, Zeus and the Powers of Pain.

The first thing that stands out about the figure is the skintone as he's way more orange and therefore more accurate compared to the older Defining Moments 80's Hogan which uses the same body mould.

The second thing is the headsculpt. It's reused from an older release which had his blue trunks from around '84-'85 and a white t-shirt with "American Made" on it. That figure was released a few years back before THAT scandal put a temporary hold on new Hogan figures being made and before they started the digital painting but comparing the two it looks like the older figure did better with the paint apps.

There's a likeness there but the digital painting on this one is a bit off and he looks very boggly eyed which isn't entirely out of character as he did that during his promos and when Hulking up, it just looks a bit weird as the only expression and a 2nd head would have been nice.

He has a removable headband with "Hulkamania" on it that fits into 2 grooves either side of the skullet so it stays on nicely.

The "Hulk Rules" t-shirt is fairly standard, works well enough for the shirt tearing pose but the expression on the headsculpt doesn't work that well, a reuse of the shouty head from the 2 Ultimate Editions would have been perfect as a 2nd option.

3 sets of hands allow for all his trademark poses and the posability is standard for Elite figures so not the greatest within current technology but not awful. Butterfly joints at the shoulders like the more recent Ultimate Editions would make Hogan's holding his hand to one ear pose easier but it's not impossible with this figure.

The other accessory is the WWF Heavyweight title belt which I needed as I seem to have lost my other one. There's a paint chip on the edge of the central plate but not too noticeable.

As Elite figures of 80's Hogan go this is nicer than the older Defining Moments figure overall although the headsculpt isn't quite as good, it'll do as a representation of 80's Hogan until an Ultimate Edition comes out that isn't a bullshit Amazon Exclusive.....the renders for the Wrestlemania I version look great but I'd also like one using the same headsculpts as Hollywood Hogan and the bullshit Amazon Exclusive, a 2-pack with a Wrestlemania VI Warrior variant without the chest paint would be a decent choice.

Black Series Zero from The Mandalorian is stupidly posable for a droid and appears to have all new parts. The character didn't really do much in the show but the articulation allows for some decent poses and the only issue is fitting the gun into his hands which is a bit scary even if you soften the hands in boiling water as the plastic isn't quite as flexible as usual and both the fingers of the hand and the gun felt like they were about to break but fortunately they didn't. The gun is also a new sculpt despite looking very similar to Boba Fett's gun from ROTJ.

I wonder if they'll reuse his torso for a set with Frog Lady?

@Brum Bot,
    I've been through Birmingham International a few times but only had to stop there once after an unexpected change on a return journey from visiting my friend who was living in Reading at the time. Quite a big station but the staff were very helpful when I couldn't find the platform for the train back to Derby so I got sorted.

@MyTea Boc,
    Now I've cleared a few pre-orders Roddy's moved up the list a bit but I'll wait on Springer as the weathering was the only reason I didn't go for the first release. It seems like a no brainer for SS '86 but given Hasbro often use logic that would make Shockwave explode I guess nothing should be taken for granted!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oooh, they have One Steps in now? Yeeesssss.

Full price is a bit wack (I mean c'mon TK Maxx, where are my discounts?) but there's a definite place for the super simple fiddle toys in my life. Right now I'm after Ratchet or Prowl, so hopefully my visit to the shops (this afternoon in fact) will yield some fruit. I was having a shit day yesterday (kids, don't ask) and I went to Smyths with the kids after school with every intention of buying Roll out N' Transform Optimus Prime.

But, although I really want it (IT'S A GIANT ONE STEP) that £50 just makes me baulk every time. Just got to be strong and wait until he's discounted... like MOTU:Revelations... which I also didn't buy. I actually wanted Man At Arms (I was gonna pick him up on... Monday? but bought Captain Carter instead) but again, I remembered I get more mileage out of the Origins figures than the Revelations ones so back onto the shelf he went.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks amazing that lineup.

Nice, that's how it starts lol.

• Like Like x 6
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Was there any leak regarding Wingfinger repaints? I have been holding my purchase hoping for some proper G2 fossil, to go with Tricranius and Transmutate...

In other news: if anybody is interested, I have a MISB SS86 Sweep for 37 GBP, shipped.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    "The death of imagination" resulted in the best CHUG galvatron until kingdom...
    images-2.gif
    Got Origins faker for £15 from Toytown in Banbridge, at the fancy Boulevard (formerly the perfectly ordinary Outlet)

• Like Like x 7
  9. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    71877178-8F51-4778-A16E-398C43CC0B51.jpeg

I do like a cheeky bit of light piping when it’s done well.

• Like Like x 13
  10. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    'Why can't I shake the feeling we've all been here before..?'

1636814182971-01.png

• Like Like x 13
  11. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Found this on the Twitternet. The secret of Beewave's alt revealed!

1636600465379.jpg

Congratulations @Ratchet2007, may you have a lovely day. :D 

Also belated Happy Birthday to @G1 Mirage Owner :bday  and many thanks to @Siege Fan for the headzup on 35-quid MV Cringercat.:buttrock 

Ace photos @Napalm and @Brum Bot - always fun to see your pics. :) 

Fear pig strikes terror into all souls @Xaran Alamas! And of course I'm not buying the Beebots. Have I not spoken against overpriced, clear-plastic, scout-sized Movie deluxes? Why, I wouldn't even have one in the house...

Jolt in a box.JPG

...lied Vertex, who always liked a Bayformer. :D 

In other news:

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-18h25m03s421.png

the CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is excellent. Colourful and fun with engaging characters and suitably OTT power-ups. Saw the whole first season, absolutely loved it, especially Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Ram Ma'am. And Cringer. And everyone else. Think it's definitely true to the spirit of the original and am eagerly awaiting the next season. For now I'm going to go back to working my way through Beast Wars II, as I don't get to watch much screen so 'tis fun when I do. Reckon Artemis is going to get looked at by Internal Affairs though, what with her interrogation technique and its application to her own colleagues...

vlcsnap-2021-11-01-20h48m34s519.png

• Like Like x 12
  12. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Watched Shang-Chi. It was okay (I maintain that there's no such thing as a truly bad MCU film, they fall back on their formula before they get bad), a few nice ideas here and there such as the understated water/air versus earth/fire motif, the actor playing Shang-Chi's dad was good and Michelle Yeoh is always an absolute treat, but it never felt like the stakes were high enough. I was more intrigued by the first stinger than the actual plot itself. But yeah, it was okay.

On the subject of that stinger, is there anyone more Marvel-literate than me out there that can identify what this whole signalling business might be? It was very vague, obvs, so subject to change, but I couldn't even begin to wonder where it might be going. Certainly seems unconnected to the Dark Avengers undercurrent also being built up.

Anyway, nice to see Captain Marvel again. Hello Carol!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

Sadly Optimise Prime didn't have the touch. He tried his best, but just ran out of steam.

• Like Like x 5
  14. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Hoping to be there too, just got my Saturday ticket renewed/rolled over but doubt I'll get anything else. Not really bothered about early access for that value, if the toy is for me, it will be there when I wander up to the stall/person selling it.

Just need to see what the travel will be like as I have no idea if there will be decent flights to get down and back. Was hoping to do the weekend but again, depends on travel.

Will be there Saturday though.

Totally agree on Rodders.

Congrats and just go and enjoy the day. If anything goes wrong, there is not much you can do, other than roll with it.

I had a great time at mine. It did help I was helping my best man with his nerves, he was a mess, I was cool as a cucumber.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Woo, just ordered my first robit in 3 years (MP Skids). I won't get kicked out of the fandom for not joining in for a while longer...

• Like Like x 12
  16. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Just started watching the new Netflix He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

I did NOT know it was so adorable!

• Like Like x 6
  17. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Hurrah!

Hide the torches and pitchforks everyone! :confused2 

• Like Like x 6
  18. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew it reminded me of something! Maybe BBSoundwave is a pretool for a future TF/Star Wars crossover toy... :) 

Just noticed another hardcover is now officially out - Phase Three Volume 1 - but so far prices are hovering around the £35 mark. Bit rich for my blood especially as this is padded out with other, less awesome toylines...

• Like Like x 5
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Looks like a decent choice for a return figure, it looks a great throwback to the Hasui era aesthetic of MP figures, enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
  20. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Not a TF but technically it is a Robot............or Terminator...... IMG_20211113_165503.jpg

From the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is Forbidden Planet Shaftesbury Ave the last one on the shelves.

Paid through the arse too (this is FP, got to scalp those tourists somehow......hang on, there aren't any tourists!) But considering the likely arseache trying to get this Line going forwards better to pay the kick-in-the-bollocks tax now rather than later.

And Artimus Fire will be here Monday. An actual TF by jingo! Jubly.

• Like Like x 14