The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I'll pm ya!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BigBlueLuke

BigBlueLuke Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    He looks fantastic!!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I know. Drives me mad. I'm not going back to effing Facebook just so I can keep abreast of upcoming stock.

SONS OF BITCHES. I really need that Megatron/Skellivore set :'O(

In the Great New MP Prime Wars I sided with Magic Square but I'm planning on getting this fella too as he'll fit in better with my incoming Acoustic Wave and DS Starscream. Wonder if anyone has a more matching Megatron in the works?

It's hard enough concentrating on work at the best of times when I know I could be doing something more useful and enjoyable at home but I've just been told by Mrs O that Robot Hero Not Big Spring, KO Flame Toys Tarn and Archecore Frost Light are all waiting for me at home and THEY'RE ALL THAT I CAN THINK OF :O

PX Cacus should land this time next week too. Like @Lothar Hex I AM EXCITE.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

In Toy adjacent news my local Forbidden Planet has the first wave of Hasbro Fortnite figures.
    I was momentarily tempted by Meowscles and Lynx.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

So while last weeks collecting was a little frustrating, as it doesn’t require anti matter to break the DJD, just errr moving a part will do it o_O  This past week has seen Sweep/Scourge whose the best damn shoeformer I’ve seen in ages, lovely solid evil villain, and looks great with his boss. Trailcutter has arrived and is awaiting his demise and rebirth as Flatline, SG Jetfire is stunningly good and the ratchet noises are joyous. Its definitely brightened a stressful week already, and plenty to tinker with and pose! It’s also nice to see such positivity and support on the board, warms even the coldest of sparks

• Like Like x 8
  6. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    The Bravo class Authentics Ratchet is absolute crap. I had to fish the packaging out of the bin to make sure I hadn't bought a knock-off.

The Alpha class are just barely "OK" with Shockwave raising the average a couple of notches, it would have been nice to Barricade on the shelves, but I think they'd have made a lazy hash of Hound and Wheeljack, the same way Bumblebee is just "lay on the floor, now you're a car". They are cheap, nasty, wobbly and they know it, in my opinion anyway.

I am the guy who won't buy Beast Wars because the alt-modes have robot bits hanging out of them, but I'm an absolute sucker for a Transformer dragon. (I REALLY like wobbly, hand-showing Dragonstorm (could they not have stretched to a flap on the necks covering the robot hands?)

I've even started collecting the spindly "bloke on all fours, now he's a Dragon" deluxe Beast Hunters Predacons. They don't even tab, the parts just sit on each other and loosely wobble, damn it.

I think I associate the toys with that scene in TFP when Starscream bops Predaking on the nose, thinking he's a dumb animal and he transforms: "Do that again and I will bury it in your spark!"

Yeah, Scourge looks awesome.

Edit - Just looked him up on eBay, did Scourge have something against the UK? He doesn't exist on these shores! :eek:  :scalper 

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  7. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

Can't wait to get a hold of mine.
    My first prime since collecting renewed was the oversized WeiJiang cell shaded version and I absolutely love him to bits.

Just waiting on Omegalock to get their stock and then he will be arriving with MP-45 (may as well save cash on postage) to sit on my shelf along with MPM-12 and MPM-7!

• Like Like x 2
  8. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lookin for WFC sideswipe and smokescreen (either mould for either of them)

If anyone has one or both for sale, hit me up

• Like Like x 3
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Whilst browsing Show Z Store I discovered I had £13.60 worth of points so I used them to get the Newage Bumblebee and Cliffjumper set from the 2nd run that's due this month so hoping that and the 2nd run of Transform Element Scorponok ship at roughly the same time.

Money towards Newage Ultra Magnus will be on the Christmas list as I've now watched the transformation video several times and he's moved to "must have" status.

EDIT
    Finally some good news for United, Pogba ruled out until at least the New Year with a "thigh injury".

Whether it's genuine or his usual trick of pretending so he can bugger off to America to play basketball and hang out with rappers remains to be seen but either way it removes his useless arse from proceedings for a bit so has to be a positive, just a shame he can't take about 6 other players with him.

Arsenal fans know this as "doing a Van Persie" who often got "injured" when they were playing badly as a way of avoiding too much flak which he also repeated at United once Fergie retired.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That megatron set was worth it at full price. Took me three to get a good qc one though but at £40 I wouldn't have been so fussed.

Nemesis prime down to £49.99 too which is a no brainer again. They were selling at £80-£100+ all day long not so long ago.

I got my ark for £102 in the end from Hamleys after discounts and topcashback. I would be surprised if it gets that low again but you never know with argos.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Wow I'd never realized the homage!

Haven't seen it since the 90s myself, but can't say I remember much of the dodgey stuff - I always thought the Mandarin was green in it because he was a feckin space wizard. :S

I do remember the kick arse theme tune for season 2

Great price for that Netflix set.

Speaking of Fossil-lads....

Bone turner (I love this horror-show is a Maximal combiner)
    PicsArt_11-09-01.27.49.jpg

The horrible truth of his crotch
    PicsArt_11-09-01.28.54.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

[​IMG]Ferrets by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Finally a resolution to the "Paul is dead" theory. He wasn't in a car crash, these lads stole him and stashed him with a load of old socks and other random items forcing the Beatles to use a lookalike :D 

• Like Like x 12
  13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spicy. But 1000% worth it if you love the character.

20211109_135143.png

All three of these cost the same. Granted Rewind came with a Chromedome accessory but still.. a definite case of what it's personally worth here.

Need to sort out Star Convoy's leg sinking and outer hip ratchets. Hopefully trying the leaving him standing sorts out the former.

• Like Like x 8
  14. automatrix1

automatrix1 Member

Here is my Generations Metroplex from 2013. It is the Toys 'r' us version so it's the no talkie version. I have customised it over the years, painting the thighs and adding details as it was too plain. I have also bought the Toyhax stickers and added them.

I have never had the room to display it and sadly for me, but happily for someone else, I think it is time to sell it to someone who can. It comes with the box and instructions, though they are a little worn, please see the pics. It is complete with all accessories (all guns, 2 black ones and 1 red with missle as well as scamper, his weapon and a bonus legends scale Optimus prime!) and all the electronics are working. I basically keep the big guy in his box and I have kept the right arm detached so it will fit in the box.

I have looked at ebay and see one not in good nick missing bits, accessories and stickers going for £230. I am thinking £300 is a fair price due to the condition, complete accessories and modding and stickers I have added. If you are interested please PM me. If you are in South London, I could possibly deliver it personally to you if a reasonable distance, otherwise I will probably use Royal Mail or similar to send it out to you. UK only.

I also have a Titan Earthrise Scorponok which will come with Fasttrack I am thinking of moving along as well due to lack of space and will post here if I do decide to sell it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  15. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmm... must've been an episode animated by AKOM. You're just being true to the source material. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  16. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    A fair enough assumption :lol  but yeah Mandarin is human though his rings are of alien origin, in the comics anyway.

And yeah it had an awesome theme! :rock 

• Like Like x 5
  17. GrahamFA

GrahamFA Well-Known Member

We got a Megatron Generations a while back and stored away until Christmas. He’s got a few of the pegs from the armada version of the mould.

I like accessorising the leader classes with a few smaller bots - so I adore our (newly acquired) Blaster, Ultra Magnus, custom ‘Ultra Magnatron’ and our powermaster prime for that reason - but now feeling like Megs needs a sidekick or 3.

Has anyone got any suggestions of who would look good/make sense with him? Of his three pegs in Robot mode, two are located on his back shoulders and one on an arm. In tank mode they all sit topside.

I tried Terradive but he kept falling apart every time I tried to push him onto a peg, his colour didn’t really work and his positioning looked awkward especially in Meg’s robot mode.

I do think flying drones makes sense for a larger tank, but maybe all the minis have a scout-like quality in some way I suppose. So could be anything. I’d probably lean towards something that looked cool, at the expense of it being a plausible military strategy!

I liked the ‘assault-team’ that combines to centurion but can’t see one at a realistic price, at least not in the UK.

As ever, thanks in advance for any help or advice!

• Like Like x 3
  18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, that's one way to fit Beast Wars Reissues onto the shelf I suppose?

20211109_152642.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

yeees.

indeed.

you are almost there.

The Air Assault team scales well with Maxcons and T30 Starscream. This guy needs a bigger stick.

carry on...

Of course not. What were you thinking?

No expense needed.

The T30 Assault team takes the scaling issues of minicons and shoots them straight into Unicron's dark, black hole

Thanks for asking, I am an expert.
    So:
    - Gigacon scale
    - limited options for forearm powerlinking
    - no other options for robot mode powerlinking
    - topside ports in alt mode
    - silver, black and red palette

You are looking at three alternatives:
    - Star Saber mold: drones in alt mode, handheld combined weapon in robot mode. I recommend either the Japanese X-Dimensions Air Assault team (clear plastic) or the Cybertron Seeker Saber. The former should be cheaper.
    [​IMG]

- Land Military team: missile pods all around, an evergreen. The Night Attack Team is a must.
    [​IMG]

- Race Team: the same advantages as the Star Saber team. The Road Assault team is quite cheap, the better matching Cybertron Race Team is going to be painful to acquire.
    [​IMG]

I would actually skip the Race Team, and give T30 Megatron both the Japanese Dark Saber and the Night Attack Team.
    And remember: spending ALL your money is half the battle.

• Like Like x 7
  20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Jaysus.

I give less than 2 shits about packaging, but even I winced at that picture.

• Like Like x 11