The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I'm a fool! I should have said 2021 Re-rung! *Hangs head in shame*

• Like Like x 9
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Cheers, Jon. True that!

• Like Like x 7
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Blaster looks awesome. I uave the unique toys soundmixer and I'm still tempted. Is he a voyager ir leader? I'd be surprised at voyager since he's coming with a tape. Maybe I'll get the twincast repaint?

The guy on the video reminds of Walter White far too much.

I'm not getting mpm he said. Studio series is good enough for me he said.
    20211029_191850.jpg

Still, considering three are ko and the other four were stupid cheap, it's a great looking group.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Though he does pre-date the road connecting for TR, it's possible that strategic use of a couple of Soundbarriers or more might allow a bit of Earthrise roadplay by judicious use of their 5mm chest pegs.

This information seems quite pertinent:
    Does that mean my beloved Tank Boi Slammer won't be Chris Rea-ing it my way? JANUARY! BAH!

Blaster looks great, I look at that noggin...
    Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 22.35.42.png
    ...and I see the 'toon design with the Marvel comics' attitude.
    Glad he didn't get the ugly stick like '86 Blurr and Perceptor! Definitely in like Flynn for the Tapelad
    Even more annoying that Dragon Megs might've bumped Leader Straxus from the production line though, dangit!

Picked up a pack of 1.6mm styrene rods at the model shop before work (evening shift), in hand 2mm looked a smidge too big but there was no size between 2mm and 1.6mm so I settled for that in shop as a backup (plus it may have other handy mis-uses) in case I can't find 1.8mm-1.9mm online.

• Like Like x 7
  5. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    • Like Like x 5
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    Wait, so Into The Verse had these in before?

• Like Like x 4
  7. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Thought I'd finish stickering up TFP Breakdown this evening. He's been in the box half stickered since I got him.

Been a nice change to the norm as I've felt a bit shit these past few days. Onwards and upwards, I suppose.

The joints may get a lick of floor polish though as they're really loose.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahh, fireworks. As I live Well Rural, I am not bothered by bored teenagers setting them off (there's no sellers of cheap cider for miles). I still like 'em, they never fail to lift my spirits, but I can absolutely see how they could be a problem.

Went to a house party once (also in the middle of nowhere, fortunately) where the host had got ahold of some Category III fireworks (at the time at least, I and II were for home use, III and IV were big event ones requiring a license.) They were, how can I put this, fucking loud.

Then there was the time I attended one of the big events at Lewes. If you've lived in the south east of England you're probably aware of various pagan-flavoured bonfire societies, a big parade to which the Catholic Church occasionally come to say mass over (definitely to save souls and absolutely NOT to join in the folkloric fun, no sir), etc. Anyway one year, some friends and I got the train to Lewes to watch one of the big displays. People in the crowd were "hilariously" throwing lit fireworks at the organisers. Then progressed to rockets. One of which hit the stockpile of fireworks and blew the entire lot to kingdom come, a half-hour display worth gone in under a minute, including what appeared to be some sort of landmine under the Guy. I can still remember the organisers - dressed in a mixture of Druidic robes and Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner" outfits, running in apparent slowmo (my adrenaline rush) from a roiling multicolored inferno. Most singular image of my life.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

The way Op is sitting in there you could make the argument that he's combined with him and not just sitting standard and piloting like normal. 'Specially as there's prescedent since they styled the Ark like the Last Autobot from the Marvel run...

Damnit, you enabler! :D 

I really wish I still had the tank arms/giant missiles con (I forget his name). He'd make a great base for a custom Tarn.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Also, leave it to Prime to just take an entire shuttle for his own personal use. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To the people who have gotten Agent Ravage in already, are they orders from Pulse itself? I placed an order with ID Toys instead as I thought Pulse may have taken a while to get him in, guess I was wrong.

Also Blaster looks awesome, but I hope he won't be too difficult to get ahold of :oops: 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

ummm.... huh?
    Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 23.30.07.png

• Like Like x 15
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Seems like the jump from 1.6mm straight to 2mm is indeed it for styrene model rods, maybe I should've picked up the 2mm?
    Doing a quick cheeky test with painting a segment with my Max-match paint to see if that works for frictioning it up enough to replace his missing shoulder back foot peg.

And, now, hours too late, I suddenly remember the LEGO whip antenna I used to fix Max's sword - that might have been worth testing from the off!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

These are an oversized KO of Magic Squares recent offering. I have MS version so I haven’t paid much attention these.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

I was transforming him with MMC not Tarn in front of me and the tracks as arms instantly made me think of him, I think it’s a really interesting mould with lots of little tricks including ankle tilts. Small but really well designed

• Like Like x 3
  16. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Huh, cool idea.

Also: MWHAHAHAHAHAA

:D :lol 

I think there's some kind of timed exclusive thing going on, like Pulse it was in stock right away, after the one and a bit hour Pulse Premium early access, and then other shops get it in November or something?

:lolol  Gotta love mistransformed product shots.

• Like Like x 4
  17. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

I live in Brighton and have heard the stories; once upon a time I might have thought it cool to attend but never actually went along to lewes on bonfire night. As a result, I tend to avoid lewes at this time of the year, I get the very real sense it’s all just a bit too manic, not to mention dangerous!

• Like Like x 6
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    D'OH!!!
    DSC_0096.jpeg
    Now do LEGO do 'em in dark blue and/or purple?

• Like Like x 5
  19. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, some genius fired a rocket at me and my mates years ago, could have been horrific because it was at head height. And pre-Covid a bunch of old men nearly hurt themselves and anybody else passing with them two streets over.

Far as I know you can't have fireworks here without a licence, but that's like telling me I can't have toys... I had to give the labrador Calpol as the only thing approaching a sedative I had, he was literally shaking :banghead: 

They shipped mine in July but Mattel have been doing this a lot, one small delivery then months of radio silence if you hear anything back at all. Many of our e-tailers from what I gather are getting restocks/imports only now, and so having to discount stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  20. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't give them ideas!

• Like Like x 4