The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Thanks and thanks! It took willpower not to raid that stash as it sat behind the wardrobe door, but it was worth it!

Good isn't it! Thanks a lot!

And also thanks! Haha now I get to open TOYS

Fanks mucherly! It is odd isn't it! Coincidence tends to follow me around like a cat that's pretending not to have been fed all day, though. **sim flickers briefly, nobody notices**

Waspinator was not entirely sure that Shadow Panther had really grasped the concept of "camouflage".

IMG_E9671[1].JPG

• Like Like x 14
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Shame I don’t collect the origins stuff!

3A376562-069D-4097-B21E-BE93A782C827.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  4. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Another day another not-TF. At least it was Cheap.......ish. IMG_20211106_120357.jpg

The canon can go to Roadblock, but once again we've got an Infantry Grunt without even a pistol, let alone a rifle or something else that would be appropriate.

Stupid cheap-ass Cobra Island.

• Like Like x 10
  5. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Happy birthday

• Like Like x 4
  6. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Timber with Snake Eyes will be here Monday and the Survivor Series Elite Hulkster has shipped from Ringside Collectibles brother! :) 

Roy Keane is in the Sky studio, guaranteeing an entertaining analysis of the Manchester derby regardless of result :D 

@Vertex,
    Happy Birthday!

Nice restraint on not opening that haul beforehand :D 

@motorthing,
    With you on Breaker, he should have had a pistol at the very least. I think there's one with the Valaverse weapons sets that'll work as I'm getting at least one of those.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Seeds of Roberts' "Functionalism" (and shades of the more "alien" take that was more explicit in the Marvel Comics), the scary Children Of C(ybertr)orn does actually seem to accurately-if-metaphorically visually present their effect on a lot of 80s kids (and depict/predict the bent of some of the less savoury parts of modern fandom)!
    A damn shame Marauder don't have a UK agent/Outlet, and the "Best" option is the Money Sink that getting in the Little Armory gear could end up!

• Like Like x 7
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Great fun :D  I remember seeing people complaining it was inaccurate to the books... or the tv series... or the radio play... as if there was ever a solid canon with H2G2. The fact that each version is a bit different is kind of the point :lol  I remember there's one fan theory that the reason for that is all the versions are Zaphod telling the story and he is a massively unreliable narrator :p 

BTW, the TV Series Marvin actually has a cameo in the waiting line at that place with all the queuing that was added in the movie :D 

I've 'read' the books multiple times - unabridged audiobooks but then due to various medical reasons that's how I consume most of my books - great fun... I think my order of exposure was TV Show -> Audiobooks -> Radio Play -> Movie. To me part of the fun is seeing all the variations :D 

Ninja'ed :lol  I also highly recommend the radio series adaptions they did of the later books. Even though they were done after Douglas Adam's death they capture a lot of the same humour, probably because they did involve a lot of the other people who made the original radio plays including several of the actors. They also provide a far more satisfying ending which I shall not spoil.

I can't, however recommend the sequel that was commissioned by another author. It's just an entirely different kind of humour and to me doesn't really 'get' Hitchhiker's Guide and spends far too long on one overly long gag before moving on whereas all the original versions are madcap adventures that hop around all over the place.

Same here *shakes fist*

Ooh grats! Happy Birthday!:music :bday  Nice haul!

I keep wondering about picking that set up :D 

Those are certainly some... character designs :lolol 

• Like Like x 11
  9. Siege Fan

The 80s were a time of magic! And...

u0sw47R.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  10. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  11. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I'm getting a bit angsty about that Valaverse stuff - I ordered a few bits from Kapow that still say "April" on the order page and I'm wondering if that will turn into April 2022 at this rate.

Hasbro are just leaving money on the table not doing weapons packs themselves for these things. As usual, if it doesn't fit their stupid "price point" model they can't be arsed.

You'll enjoy Timber/Commando - they are great.

HGTTG: The Books and the Radio Series for the win. Always.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Siege Fan

Same boat, I've had a load of it PO'd with BBTS for well over a year so I'll believe it when I see it. Latest estimate is this month though and it's actually possible, since the indication from Toysarama was 'soon'.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

• Like Like x 5
  14. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Have at thee some Metroplex pics. He's a beast huh!

Just opened and I like him better than fort max.

Six sigma is a nice addition. Stickers have not been attempted just yet.

So, some musings about six gun. Although I like him in both the original Metroplex and this add on one, I don't get it. This is mainly about the original toy.

So, Metroplex robot mode, he combines as his additional weapons. Tick, totally get it.

In land battle cruiser mode, again, he combines as weapons, again, I get it.

In city mode he is the additional radar parts and towers, as well as guns that can still be attached and protect Metroplex in city mode.

So what is the point of six gun the robot. Again, I must stress that I do like that they thought about this and included it, but not really getting the point of him.

But then, maybe the point of him is that Metroplex takes longer to transform than my children eating the vegetables on their plate, so maybe he is to be the first line of defence against the enemies while Metroplex figures out where everything goes, like my wife getting dressed to go out now as we never go out ourselves now, due to the kids, but when we do, we are not used to it and she takes ages to get ready!

Say optimus, does my bum look good in this?

So is it a case of, six gun, slammer, scamper, protect me while I'm vulnerable so I can totally kick ass in a minute.

Also, I bet he gets them to nip down to the local electrical shop/dump to get some (micro) chips.

Your thoughts on Metroplex etc?

I'll leave you with some pics

20211106_121802.jpg 20211106_121746.jpg 20211106_121717.jpg 20211106_121704.jpg 20211106_121650.jpg 20211106_121624.jpg 20211106_121553.jpg 20211106_121547.jpg 20211106_121537.jpg 20211106_121528.jpg

Edit: I really love slammer using the tunnel leg part as a blast shield

• Like Like x 19
  15. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    I gather from the wiki Sixgun also would sometimes operate somewhat like a speaker for Metroplex and go talk to the little bots on the big guy's behalf. I suppose in a way he was not only the proto Weaponizer - he's literally made of guns! - but also a proto Cityspeaker :D 

And man.... I really want to get a Metroplex in some form due to affection for the big guy due to the Windblade comic(s)... maybe someday. Or maybe one of the smaller ones :lol 

• Like Like x 10
  16. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

If anyone ends up with an unwanted ER Starscream please let me know

• Like Like x 4
  17. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Care bears on Coke came up with Street Hawk and Automan. Fact

• Like Like x 8
  18. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Yes they are the YTS bods who get the gopher jobs to do.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Siege Fan

I knew it!

I can't stop watching these.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    **Sound of shouting and breaking glass. Enter the CONEHEADS, drunk as lords.**

coneheads01.JPG

Coneheads (singing): "We took Iacon, in half a minute. We took Macaddams, with the Wreckers in it."

coneheads02.JPG

Coneheads (singing): "We hammered Pipes and Slammer, with Magnus's hammer. We ran the Dinobots down the Petrohex road."

coneheads03.JPG

Coneheads (singing): "Oh you'll never see a runner, like an Autobot gunner, run so far he can't find his...way....home."

coneheads04.JPG

Coneheads (screaming): "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Much, much later:

coneheads05.jpg

Gandalf: "You are doing a great job."

Thanks everyone! Humungous hauls help happy hours happen. Not sure which 'bot I like best yet! Wheee....:cool: :D :cool: :D :) :D :) 

PS - Nice Venomosaurus @Divebomb and Metropix @doucoo !

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 15