The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    You joke but that'd be awesome. A Switch three bot combiner appeals too.

Nah it's fine, don't worry, you didn't know :)  But thanks for saying so ^^
    Basically any fembot appeals lol and yowch, yeah that's too rich for my blood anyway :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Oh yay, another Spiderman film without Spiderman...ffs Sony give him back to Marvel, at least they know how to make a cohesive cinematic and TV universe

I dont have a problem with prequel stuff like Gotham or Pennyworth (although I wont watch them) but these iconic villian films without their hero (THE WHOLE REASON THEY EXIST FFS) just seems stupid to comic fans and very confusing for people who arent fans

• Like Like x 7
  3. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

Randomish question: Does anyone know if ebay seller awesomebots is a member here?

4. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    The Film nobody asked for from the Company nobody wanted to "retain" the license. Whoopie.

If Venom 2 is any guide Sony will run the Spidey verse into the concrete within a single film, and then sit there clueless and shrugging as to how they managed to fuck up yet again.

And using the "Marvel Legend" tag line should earn somebody a legal-slapping too. Sic 'em Hasbro!

I'm having way more fun with this lot than I had any right to expect........ IMG_20211101_154410.jpg

Just as well with the TF lull we are in looking like it'll be drought conditions for a while.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Venom was good by complete accident, I haven't caught up with the sequel. Sony's trailers are so shite now they're actually worse than their hand-holding ones that ruin the whole film, so I'm none the wiser on the sequel. Either way, it's made a lot of money so part 3 is guaranteed.

Morbius has Mr Leto as a vampire. Broadly speaking that's female catnip and our fellow geeks will generally watch something so long as the Marvel logo appears. Plus it's a horror movie giving it that demographic and those are generally cheaper to produce, though this is Sony and a Marvel movie we're talking, so...

• Like Like x 6
  6. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Gotta love Amazon. Yesterday, They practically begged me to sign up for prime for next day delivery, then automatically ticked next day delivery (4.99) when I declined, then I unticked it and went for free 'snail' delivery.

Now they're telling me it's out for delivery today. Weird.

• Like Like x 7
  7. w00dimusPr1me

w00dimusPr1me Well, that's just Prime!

Without spoiling Venom 2, it's terrible but there are seeds to setup the 3rd film (although not explained likely due to if it doesn't get made).
    It also sets up something else.

• Like Like x 5
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Yeah that Landshark will definitely be bought. Definite plus that the Mega Construx figures scale so well with CHUG stuff...

Bone-rider
    [​IMG]

Massive thanks again to @4249david for hooking me up with this guy ;) 

Same. Pretty sure other than Metal Gear 4, Uncharted and Heavy Rain - I played nothing on my PS3. Everything else was on the 360, and I've always hated the PS controller. So if it was available on the 360, that is where I played it.

That sucks mate. Hope you can track it down.

You monster....

Great figure. Better repaint. Happy Dios Los Muertos

Jesus wept! 250?! was that buy it now or auction?

• Like Like x 12
  9. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    PLANET X CACUS HAS SHIPPED HKDU8HST8SYDYIA8TFH98ox69xuz8edoaucr893od58jl!
    eb4d397f50.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  10. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Spooky season is over. So Zombie Prime will be retired as my avatar.

I need something that feels a bit more... familiar.

PicsArt_11-02-01.31.03.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I did it on BIN based on the few sold examples I could see. I probably could have out it on auction and let it ride but that runs the risk of the non-paying high bidder. The joy of ebay. Also had their lovely 2% charge for someone paying in a foreign currency, ebay already charges the customer above the exchange rate but they like to get paid both ends.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Siege Fan

Have you considered...

sales-enablement-image-1300x867-1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  13. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Bloody hell, it's been a while since I sold anything on sleazebay, and longer still overseas. Can't believe they charge the seller for sales in foreign currency. Dirty bastards.

I've a Flame War. And she's pretty. But for that kind of price, she might be bidding casa del Boco farewell.

Hmmm, truly that should be @Imperator 's new pic given my most recent buying activity *grumbles in Mentis*

• Like Like x 6
  14. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I had some SS86 stuff on order with GNT ages ago that I had to cancel as I just didn’t trust them. They listed stuff as ‘in stock’ that definitely wasn’t and in the end I watched everyone else who’d ordered from everywhere BUT GNT get theirs, so I cancelled and bought when it was freely available at retail.

Honestly, I’d go with C&C to be safe.

I want this to fail so that a) Sony think twice before giving us shite that no-one wants or needs again, and b) Hollywood will stop seeing creepy ‘alleged’ sex pest, paedophile and cult leader Leto as acceptable casting.

Mine too, but, annoyingly, none of the tracking for any of my currently in transit ShowZ orders is working so I have absolutely no fucking clue when to expect any of it :S

Got my invoice for FT Soundwave this morning. So much for thinking, like most places, I’d have 7-14 days to pay it - I’ve got two fucking days.
    Three weeks from the next payday, I don’t have enough to pay it in three via PayPal and see the month through and Mrs O is skint.

There’s no fucking way I’m letting it slide and dealing with FT late tax and obtainment hassle later, so I’ve got about 36 hours to raise £120.

Fuck’s sake.

15. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Darkly dreaming domey(s)
    PicsArt_11-02-02.47.16.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    If you're ever looking to move Flamewar on, give me a poke:D 

20211101_165745.jpg
    These three arrived yesterday, thanks @Maniac23 20211101_165757.jpg
    I still think this guy looks like Deadpool:p 

• Like Like x 7
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Just had that myself with me Pin Vise and some of my shotgunned Festive gift spree (apparently my precautionary poncho is out in the wind today too)!
    I feel I can safely ignore the Sony arm stuff it seems, I think very much that I shall be taking a more 80s comic reader mindset with the MCU itself to boot of dipping itno random "issues" and piecing the things between together myself.
    Not sure I can muster the efort for Eternals, though I am intrigued by the curveball setup it apparently has at the end?
    Harry Styles cropping up as Space Rapist* Starfox?!

* = I actually think that take is a particularly bad bit of re-characterisation writing, as I was always amused by a hero able to psychically jizz-in-their-pants his opponents into submission, seemed way less long term harmful than multiple-concussions via superhuman fists, and being, y'know, a good guy I always read him as a bit of a gadabout lothario who used his powers to enhance the enjoyment of willing participants, not space rohypnol-ing them, which to me says way more about the writer behind that take than poor Eros himself.
    I mean sex-positive hedonistic pansexual lover who is a fighter when necessary was right there on the table but, nope, Space Rapist.
    Well, stoke my clipper!

Also remembered to pick some sponges up post-work yesterday, and awaiting deliveries today gave me the excuse to crack on with this particular WIP...
    DSC_0095.jpeg
    Vertrex's Greyskull-homage mossy makeover!
    Gonna let this Japanese BW dino-corpse-inspired deco cure before the switch to robot mode to see what aesthetic tweaks I may make to that for effect/coolness factor.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  18. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    They always have, and so do PayPal, it just used to be hidden better in their exchange rate. When buying from overseas the price they quote, price they charge, and actually exchange rate all differ greatly. Be careful using some credit cards on foreign currency purchases as they charge a high exchange rate and a separate percentage fee.

Flame War is lovely, but between her and Aranea that's £600 for two small figures that I don't miss.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Time to sign up with PayPal Credit? I believe purchases over £100 have four months' interest-free credit. If you know you *will* have the money, maybe this is the way.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Siege Fan

My electricity bill is going up £53 a year and I've only just switched it. Because the government lifted the energy price cap it seems it doesn't matter that I'm on a fixed contract :mad: 

I mention this because our hobbies aren't cheap, so if you haven't received such an email expect one and try to plan accordingly!

Oh, and don't you just fucking love paying more for everything because 'oil'. Wonder what the excuse will be when that's not an option.

• Like Like x 6